Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Roast pork with roast potatoes and vegetable-like things
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Veggie soup, if I can be bothered to make it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Some sort of edible thing as I can't cook to save my life.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    Not cooking tonight so Indian take away
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • PinkFlyingPastaPinkFlyingPasta Posts: 303 Member
    I'm going to have a potato and veggies again
  • aMemeAddictaMemeAddict Posts: 128 Member
    Chicken nuggies and watermelon. I need to start living healthier.
    1500x500
    Vegetarian sausages and mash with mushy peas
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Chicken Alfredo at my brother and sis”s House.
    Mushroom risotto with salad
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Some dead chicken
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Probably something relating to a burger.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    edited July 2018
    Left overs!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Rogan Josh, but with prawns, not lamb.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Pastas? Cauliflower? Chicken? Boring. ;(
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Roast asparagus, avocado and rocket salad with smoked salmon.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @February11 Your meals always sound so interesting and delicious! :)

About to heat up some leftover spaghetti sauce, boil some noodles and make some fresh garlic cheesebread to go with it.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @February11 Your meals always sound so interesting and delicious! :)

About to heat up some leftover spaghetti sauce, boil some noodles and make some fresh garlic cheesebread to go with it.

Thank you @Karababy52 it helps to have a partner who's interested in trying out new recipes :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Ate steak with corn yesterday so I am still stuck with my boring meal tonight. *go rummage in February's fridge* I might keep that thread for my menu planning. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Hejix wrote: »
    Ate steak with corn yesterday so I am still stuck with my boring meal tonight. *go rummage in February's fridge* I might keep that thread for my menu planning. ;)

:D

MLgj4Vx.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Thank you @Karababy52 it helps to have a partner who's interested in trying out new recipes :)

You're lucky! Hubby always accuses me of using him for a guinea pig if I try something new. lol He usually grudgingly admits he likes my creations though, so it's all good. :)

Nothing special tonight, just leftover pizza. We're eating a lot of leftovers this week, looking forward to grocery shopping Friday to get some fresh ingredients. Bon Appétit! :)
    edited December 2018
    Nothing overly exciting here tonight either. I have a load of spuds so wondered what to do with them, and Googled a fancy bubble and squeak recipe with a hot tomato relish to go with it. So that's what it'll be.
    Bon Appetite to you too :)

Some of my more fun times in the kitchen is at the end of the week when I have a few left overs, left over, and merge two different meals into one concoction. There's always something in the cupboard or fridge which pulls two totally different meals together. I've never really had a disaster with that. In fact they've always been strangely successful, but a never to be had meal again, as there's never usually the same kind of left overs, left over. Great fun! And a good challenge!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Chicken, rice, cream of mushroom soup, and a bunch of veggies all mixed together.

It's very bland. >.< I tried to really season it but brown rice is garbage and like took away all the flavour. It just tastes like rice. Whatever. Maybe I'll top the rest with cheese. Cheese fixes everything.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Chicken, rice, cream of mushroom soup, and a bunch of veggies all mixed together.

It's very bland. >.< I tried to really season it but brown rice is garbage and like took away all the flavour. It just tastes like rice. Whatever. Maybe I'll top the rest with cheese. Cheese fixes everything.

Yes, cheese does help, but I try not to cook with salt, but salt makes a huge difference!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member

Yes, cheese does help, but I try not to cook with salt, but salt makes a huge difference!

I did use salt, I don't use it much and mostly with rice but I always use it for rice (I love rice but it does need that little bit of flavour from the salt). Oh well.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yogurt and cereal.
    I had a late lunch and don't feel like eating much.

I did use salt, I don't use it much and mostly with rice but I always use it for rice (I love rice but it does need that little bit of flavour from the salt). Oh well.

Brown rice has a flavour of it's own. It can overpower other flavours. Caramelised onion works well with it, as does spicing it with pimento and pepper. Cooking it in chicken stock can help too.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif