Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Congratulations @iampes23 @AlJay @soloushen and @SimTresa . Well done to all of the participants!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Wow, top 4 again! :)

Congrats @iampes23, @AlJay and @soloushen
    image.png
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Congratulations @iampes23 @AlJay @soloushen and @SimTresa!! Great jobs guys each and every build has its own unique style! <3
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    With all those lovely entries, I am in shock that I won. :D But very happy! Thank you all and great job to us ALL!!!
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to the winners !!
    I enjoyed all of the builds- so creative !!
    These give me more decorating and landscaping ideas !

@BuildnShare , Thank you for this challenge- I enjoyed it so !

Looking forward to the next one !

Diane Pinkus
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations to the winners. I enjoyed looking at all of the entries. <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thanks everyone!! Congratulations to @iampes23, @soloushen, and @SimTresa and everyone else who entered! I really enjoyed seeing everybody's creativity!
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    Congrats winners!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for BnS 108 – Settlement for Simanity

@JojoMOMSTER
    Lm10LpB.png
    Below the Frost Line is a great take on the challenge! Very neat idea to have the front gardens covered in translucent greenhouse material. I love how the rear living areas are built into the surrounding earth to take advantage of insulating properties. The interiors are quite functional, and I see some use of buydebug objects for low-cost decor - great job! Nice job on the community spaces and outdoor spaces.

Suggestions: Could you have used one of the textured glass roofs to add the look of support? It's difficult to imagine how a curved glass or plastic roof of that size would be supported just by the side supports. Some of the furnishings are a bit high end for an emergency shelter - could you have made more generic choices for this challenge?
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is….

@JojoMOMSTER

rXuAxec.jpg

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats, @JojoMOMSTER
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thank you @SimTresa
    Thank you @BuildnShare for your comments and suggestions. I didnt realize it was an emergency shelter! It was fun to build for the price though.
    edited December 2018
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS108 Settlement for Simanity

@Flobobunny
    9hOZtYL.png
    Tropical Settlement is a wonderful tropical build. The layout is simple and easy to navigate.Your terrain paints are well done. The choice of plants fits well with your theme. Overall your build is well done.

Suggestions
    Although you met the minimum requirements it would have been nice to see more skill building items. You had easels in all of the buildings, it would have been nice to have switched out an easel for a chess table, guitar or maybe a bookcase. Perhaps fewer plantain trees would have allowed enough money for play equipment for the children. Don’t forget mailboxes and outdoor trash containers. Also descriptions on your photos would be helpful when looking at your slideshow.

@AlJay
    aSw0ACN.png
    Overseas Rescue is a very creative solution. The placement of your buildings on the lot is very sensible, with the play area in the center. Each unit is well laid out and looks as though game play would flow well. I like that each unit has a bookcase and each has a different skill building item. The awnings are for shade on the front patios. You certainly put a lot of thought into your build.

Suggestions
    The gate for the play area doesn’t make sense to me, because you used a fencing that Sims will just step over. Don’t forget mailboxes. The brief did ask for a communal garden and I did not see one in your build.

@Pinkusfamily
    46837270_2288093201410758_3098745172360429568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=8c2ee5af2efe0a5ff809a7c51d353480&oe=5CAB283F
    Oasis Modular Homes is a very nice modular home community. The use of partitions was a great idea, to make a relatively small space feel spacious. The different roof styles is a unique way to add interest. Your descriptions in your slideshow were very creative. Excellent job.

Suggestions:
    The partitions were a great idea, however I feel solid walls would have given more privacy for the bathrooms. With your landscaping some shade trees would have been nice to give some relief from the desert sun. Terrain paints are a great tool that don’t cost anything. Adding some darker terrain under plants and in high traffic areas (going to and under the clothesline) make a build more realistic. Some activities for the children would have been a nice touch.

@Allears
    E2BpA7O.png
    Desert Oasis is an excellent build. You certainly put a lot of thought into this build. Excellent object choices and placement. The shade structure is a great idea and shows that you considered the climate with your build. The play area is great and the roofing adds a lot of interest. Very thoughtful build!

Suggestions
    This was so well thought out and I only have a few suggestions. The terrain paint under the swing set was great, but I would have liked to have seen more. Terrain paint in high traffic areas makes a build more realistic (leading to and around planter boxes, leading to the shade structure and leading to the play area).

@SimTresa
    nkZWQlJ.png
    Urban Triplex is a very unique build. Your floorplan appears to be easy to navigate and the rooms are a decent size. The color coordinating and different skill items gives each unit a sense of uniqueness. The swing set for the kids is a great addition. The laundry room is a useful feature. Your furniture choices and placement are great. Well done!

Suggestions
    The brick facade is a little overwhelming. Using the “pretty in plaster” wall covering on the center unit would have helped break it up and give the units clear definition. In unit 3 there is a section of wall (by the violin) with no wall covering. It would have been nice if you had carried the color coordinating a little further and used some color on the walls. I’m glad to see that you are using terrain paint under your plants, but it appears that you missed a few places. You can also use terrain paint to create paths to connect your outdoor spaces and to show high traffic areas.

@adniram00
    V0BJ3KS.png
    Elk Falls Settlement is a very rustic build. The style of the buildings fit the climate very well. Nice roof work. You have a lot of outdoor spaces with numerous skill building items. Nice terrain paints. The fishing pond is a great idea and with the communal garden their dependency on the outside world is minimal. The interiors are well thought out and look like they would be great in game play. Very creative build!

Suggestions
    This was a very detailed build and there are only a few things that I see. The gothic doors and windows don’t really seem to fit this style of build. The straw roofs wouldn’t be my first choice for this climate.

@xamira99
    O9nOLWv.png
    Capsules for Simanity is a very creative build. Great use of terrain tools and paint. It’s awesome that you were able to show 4 prototypes. Good object and placement choices. Your landscaping is right on for your climate choice. The multiple levels of terrain creates a lot of interest for this build. Excellent work!

Suggestions
    Although I like the different levels of terrain, there are several places where the buildings or platforms are not supported. I didn’t see any mailboxes, was this an oversight? Overall a great build!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winners are...

1gmD9de.jpg

1st Place - @Allears
    2nd Place - @xamira99

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats, @Allears and @xamira99.
    I'm so embarrassed right now, I thought I found all the wall sections and didn't even realize I missed spots with the terrain paints.
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Wow! I'm totally flabbergasted! Thank you all so much! And congrats to @xamira99 :) Well done!

Thanks for your ideas @BuildnShare. I'll keep those in mind for the future.

This was a very interesting project. I loved seeing all the different ideas everyone had. :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Sim & Room Results for #BnS108 Settlement for Simanity

@AlJay
    7RZUJLq.png
    The Kahn family are very endearing. It looks as though they have settled in nicely. It’s great that they’re enjoying their family time together. Well done!
    And the winner is….

nzmOUdm.jpg

@AlJay

3gHHX7s.png

ROOM ENTRIES

@flobobunny
    D1BireH.png
    Settler’s Room looks great! I like all of the personal touches that you have added. Good job!

@Allears
    zfkMMmU.png
    Desert Oasis Unit looks great! It’s great that you were able to get an area for dining and a living room in on this budget. Great job!

And the winner is….

23aTQ71.jpg

@Allears
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    So much variety and all so pretty for the money. Great job all around Established entrants! I dl all of them because they are unique and colourful. Congratulations to @Allears @xamira99 @AlJay
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS108 Settlement for Simanity

@pronterus
    I love your concept for Urban Relief! You build fits right into the urban landscape. Great job making it look urban but still providing some greenspace with the trees and container garden. I like the secure look of the compound provided by the fencing and gate. The interiors are spartan but fit the request of the client. I like the use of curtains to define the different spaces and provide a bit of privacy. The mismatched furniture adds to the idea of donated items from an aid organization. I like the lived-in look provided by the stain wall decals. These really have the look of units that can be pre-fabbed and set up en masse when needed. Great job!

Suggestions: If you had built the units slightly smaller (maybe each container smaller by one square wide), you would have a cozier/ space using the same amount of furnishings. There was a just a tad too much open space in each unit.
    idTgr7G.png

@13Vader☆
    The Sand Haven units have a lovely exterior siding and pleasing roofline. I love the solar panels and ventilation fans! Great job on desert landscaping. I love the lot layout and the amount of community space you've provided out back. Fantastic use of terrain paints. Perfect detail to have light colored roofs in the desert to avoid overheating. Great use of debug items to add a little flair to the kitchen decor while still maintaining the utilitarian nature of the units. Brilliant that you've provided a different skill building item for each unit. I like the different colored accents in each unit to provide a little variety.

Suggestions: Not a whole lot to add! Seeing a bit more variety in the interiors would have been nice, but they definitely fit with the request of the clients.
    f0325Nv.png

@gmcrozier
    Casas Del Oro Norte have tons of curb appeal! I love the unusual roofline with the section that extends down to the ground. Very creative. Great layout with a bit of space between the units for some privacy among the families. Everything is so precisely and neatly arranged. I'm sure the families will appreciate the order after the chaos of losing their homes and being uprooted. You've managed to work in some lovely finishes for the budget. Great job on the layout of the interiors and the amount of furnishings you were able to provide.

Suggestions: Again, not a whole lot to add! I do feel like the landscaping was just a tad lush in spots for a desert setting. Pulling back a bit here could have helped convey the desert setting.
    ugOwVzr.png

Just for Fun Entry:
    @KittKat7147
    PCEjhr9.png

3gHHX7s.png
    The Winner of this Challenge is .…

6JOHCBA.jpg

@gmcrozier

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2018
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Sim & Room Results for #BnS108 Settlement for Simanity

SIM ENTRIES

@13Vader
    tLUjfZB.png
    The Grecos look like a very relatable family. I love the choice of their everyday clothes. Your way of presenting the sims and their outfits is so helpful and just what we're looking for in a sim entry. Love the candid shots and narration as well. Fantastic entry!
    And the winner is….

mUUmw9e.jpg

@13Vader

3gHHX7s.png

ROOM ENTRIES

@13Vader
    Rv3tNFT.png
    The colors in this room are so soothing and stylish. I love the choice of flooring and wall covering. The space is very nicely laid out with only a tad of unused space in the kitchen/living area. I love the decorative touches in the bedroom spaces that really give this unit the look of a lived in space.

And the winner is….

mUUmw9e.jpg

@13Vader
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all.

I loved this Build n Share.
    I have a special place in my heart for the Murkland challenge and this build n share reminded me of that challenge.. But It was missing the Murkiness..
    All in all I thought everyone's entries fit the bill, all were so Creative !

Every one was a Winner here I thought !!

Diane Pinkus
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats to all the winners, really loved seeing all the amazing entries :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top