Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STOP PUSHING RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

124...Next

Comments

• _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    I was instructed by customer service to post my thoughts on retirement here but it looks like tons of other people feel the same way and nothing has been improved. :(
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I agree. I get the notification once or twice a day per sim, and I have all slots occupied.

I wish they made the pop-up smaller at least.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    It's still happening and still 🐸🐸🐸🐸 players off. The same happened to me almost, instead of asking to use cupcake for energy refill, the effing stupid retirement came up & I nearly pressed it!
    I commented on the last youtube upload that featured a bit of sims mobile in it about only letting the retirement pop up just ONCE and never again after that. Folks were liking that post last I remember, tho who knows, EA probably had them remove my comment.
    Btw, EA's senior director has been fired now for being rude. He got more verbal then he should've.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yea, I don't want my sims to retire until I'M ready.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • psycjpsycj Posts: 10 New Member
    I usually open the Sims mobile in the morning when I'm half awake, so there's that mini heart attack every day when the retire sim prompt comes up. I've narrowly missed clicking that button many times. XD
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I think that the retirement push is to cover up for the lack of content in the game because as others have mentioned if you do have 4 Sims you can quickly play through all of the stories. This is evident because one can reproduce with anyone so long as one has a level 3 relationship but can't get married until level 7/8. The aim is therefore to quickly get descendants for your sim even though this means that they are less likely to have a good upbringing.

I don't actually mind playing the stories more than once since I'm a 34 year old but I think that the younger players, particularly the ones who are at the younger end of the intended age range as well as the ones who are too young for the game but allowed to play because of the "cartoonish' look would find this boring. I think that is why retirement is pushed so hard (and in my experience it is though I've never accidentally clicked on it).

I think that the problem can and will be solved when the game is a few years old and has more content but the truth is that I probably won't be playing it. I'd rather just play on my PC because the mobile version seems excessively greedy. Since it's almost impossible to do anything quickly and the Sims only have an active lifespan of about 5 days. I don't like this and I'm not willing to spend £££s on this particular version of the game.
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    I don’t think this is ever going to be addressed by EA. I agree with the above poster that they probably push retirement to keep players from getting bored but that cheap trick won’t work with most people since we don’t want to replay the same story over again anyway.
    I have once accidentally hit retirement while playing and I was able to reverse by quickly switching to airplane mode and then force quitting the app.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• GoodinworldGoodinworld Posts: 4 New Member
    I understand the frustration but once your alien or robot you live longer not fun after that as always take a deep breath and enjoy the moments of your sims whether the game or just in life!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    This new update is godsent. I'm glad we have more control of our sims now.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • GkundoGkundo Posts: 24 Member
    They should let us save our settings so we can at least make another, but yes, forcing retirement is just dumb
  • AbbyChase145AbbyChase145 Posts: 5 New Member
    I absolutely agree with the stop pushing retirement👍👍👍👍👍👍👍