Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transferring inventory items to other households?

Okay, so this might sound a little complicated, so bear with me.

In the Sims 3, in my Amazon Challenge, I had a storehouse; a community lot full of the treasure chest items from World Adventures where my sims from various lots put stuff for the whole town to use. For example, I'd have my gatherers & farmers take the fruit and veggies they'd harvested in their lot to the storehouse, and then the queen's household could go there and grab whatever they wanted. It was really fun, and an easy way to transfer items from one sim to another.

Is there a way I can do this in Sims 4? I know I can drag and drop things from my sims' inventory to a different lot, but the issue is that when I switch to the household that's received the vegetables or potions or whatever, they can't put them in their own inventory or in the fridge or whatever because they don't technically 'own' them. Is there a cheat, or something in the game, that would allow me to transfer items over? I'm pretty sure the 'give gift' interaction from Seasons doesn't actually put the gift in the other sims inventory, or am I mistaken?

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    well the give gift interaction works for anything that can go in the personal inventory that's how I've given cooked dishes, various presents and photos taken so that the sim actually owns the item.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I’ve used the Seasons Give Gift interaction to give the new electronic sketch pad to other artistic Sims. If you put a Money Tree that’s ready to harvest in your household inventory, you get 5 seeds: you can then move them out in B/B mode, pick them up and then give them as gifts (good way to transfer them to other families you may play rotationally).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    Ah, so the give gift interaction does actually transfer it in to their inventories, then? That's great news! Thank you so much.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I have used the Generic lot type to create 'museums' for my legacies before. That allows you to place items. I also use it to build family cemetaries rather than have lots of tombstones on the home plot which means I can control the amount of mourning that takes place.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Nice, @simwolf! I like the idea of having a tombstone/urn museum. The lack of graveyards in TS4 is probably one of the things that bothers me the most, I never considered making one myself on a generic lot.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Love your idea of those chests for transferring between households!

In the past I have dedicated a sim to the job of being a curer(?). I moved the sim into the giving household, for them to add stuff to his/her inventory. In addition they would add some sort of payment for the service, for the sim to keep/sell. Then the sim would move into the receiving household, to deliver those items, eventually receiving some payment item there, as well. It sounds a bit tedious, but making the service sim make this a steady income (he was mostly used by painters needing to deliver portraits to the painted sims), made it kind of fun.

I see from replies that you can use the gifting feature more easily though :smile:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why don't you put all the stuff from a household in a room, save the room into your library and then place that same room in the new household's lot?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sapphisims wrote: »
    Ah, so the give gift interaction does actually transfer it in to their inventories, then? That's great news! Thank you so much.

If you give Simoleons, it also transfers the money into the other Sims account; dosen’t help if the Sims are in the same household but if the Sims are in different households it works great. When one of my Sims got engaged to her high school sweetheart, I sent her moms and stepbrother to gift money to the fiancé frequently so he could get a nice house for the two of them.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    Some great ideas here! Thanks a bunch, everyone, you've been a HUGE help.
    Good to know gifting simoleons actually puts the money in the other sims bank accounts, too.