Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods: Seasons + June 2018 patch

1232425262729...Next

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Hello!

I just tried putting the following mods into my game and the game immediately started bogging down:

-Sleep All Night by LittleMsSam
    -Working Alarm Clocks by Scumbumbo
    -Sorcerer Mod by Triplis

I tried taking each mod out one by one but the game didn't stop lagging hard until I took them ALL out. I'm not sure if they need updating since the most recent patch or if they are just conflicting with some of my other mods. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I would think that these three mods conflict with each other as they all include sleep components. (The Sorcerer Mod has a component where you can put a "minion" to sleep.) If you have another Mod already in your game that controls sleep habits, they may be conflicting with that as well. I think you can only use one of these Mods at a time if you want to prevent lagging. I checked them for updates and the Sorcerer Mod last updated July 20th and the other two have been fine since June.
  • eterhniteeterhnite Posts: 26 Member
    > I would think that these three mods conflict with each other as they all include sleep components. (The Sorcerer Mod has a component where you can put a "minion" to sleep.) If you have another Mod already in your game that controls sleep habits, they may be conflicting with that as well. I think you can only use one of these Mods at a time if you want to prevent lagging. I checked them for updates and the Sorcerer Mod last updated July 20th and the other two have been fine since June.

Hmm, I doubt they're conflicting with one another because they all involve sleeping. The Sleep All Night mod and Working Alarm Clocks are supposed to be compatible with each other and go hand-in-hand (at least that's what the review said that someone did on both mods at once). I'm not sure about the Sorcerer mod, though. If the June 20th update was more significant than the recent June 31st patch update, then they should be up to date and be working just fine... I have other mods downloaded, too, so maybe they could be conflicting with those? I wouldn't think that they would be but you never know I guess.
  • WicklessDollWicklessDoll Posts: 4 New Member
    I have the working alarm clocks and the sorcerer mod and those work fine together as of now, no lag... I just added the sleep all night so we will see!
  • Lifeisgreat26Lifeisgreat26 Posts: 2 New Member
    hi i was wondering does anyone know if andrews pose player was recently updated? i got the latest version at least i think i did but when i go in game mccc says there was a last exception error and the last things i put in my mods folder were pose player the teleport thing and some poses can someone plz help? tysm!
    > @WicklessDoll said:
    > I have the working alarm clocks and the sorcerer mod and those work fine together as of now, no lag... I just added the sleep all night so we will see!

Let me know if anything does/doesn't happen for you! I'll be trying those mods again soon as I really would like to use them lol. It could be the mods I have or just my computer, ugh
    > @Lifeisgreat26 said:
    > hi i was wondering does anyone know if andrews pose player was recently updated? i got the latest version at least i think i did but when i go in game mccc says there was a last exception error and the last things i put in my mods folder were pose player the teleport thing and some poses can someone plz help? tysm!

Hi! I have both the andrew poseplayer and MCCC mods, and I don't get that error message. Have you updated MCCC? Do you have any other mods?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    hi i was wondering does anyone know if andrews pose player was recently updated? i got the latest version at least i think i did but when i go in game mccc says there was a last exception error and the last things i put in my mods folder were pose player the teleport thing and some poses can someone plz help? tysm!

Both work perfectly fine in my game, so there must be another reason for that LE.

You might come over to the MCCC discord server, where we can have a look at yours.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Lifeisgreat26Lifeisgreat26 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > Lifeisgreat26 wrote: »
    >
    > hi i was wondering does anyone know if andrews pose player was recently updated? i got the latest version at least i think i did but when i go in game mccc says there was a last exception error and the last things i put in my mods folder were pose player the teleport thing and some poses can someone plz help? tysm!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Both work perfectly fine in my game, so there must be another reason for that LE.
    >
    > You might come over to the MCCC discord server, where we can have a look at yours.
    ok thank you so much!
  • BubblesimsBubblesims Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey! wondering if anyone would be so kind to help me. So, I have cc's and mods in my mods folders and just like @SassySimmie the script mods don't work,(Road to fame/many others) there are only 2 mods working from that folder but, one of them has stopped, (the kids crush mod). I removed all mods from the folder like you said and then I created a new save but, it still didn't work. I am trying to use pose player as well as other mods and I have downloaded the latest version of them but, they still don't work! Please help! Ps. I am using a Mac computer. -Thanks!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Bubblesims wrote: »
    Hey! wondering if anyone would be so kind to help me. So, I have cc's and mods in my mods folders and just like @SassySimmie the script mods don't work,(Road to fame/many others) there are only 2 mods working from that folder but, one of them has stopped, (the kids crush mod). I removed all mods from the folder like you said and then I created a new save but, it still didn't work. I am trying to use pose player as well as other mods and I have downloaded the latest version of them but, they still don't work! Please help! Ps. I am using a Mac computer. -Thanks!

Check *all* your mods for updated versions. I vaguely recall reports that Road to Fame is broken. Also, check that you have script mods ticked on. And always back up your saves before trying your game after a game update.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BubblesimsBubblesims Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay thanks, and I made sure to check/update them.
  • ClessiesimsClessiesims Posts: 4 New Member
    whenever I make a toddler on my game all the eye colors work, but when I change them to an adult the eye colors are not even there. The hole bar is completely gone!
    Anyone else got the same thing?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    whenever I make a toddler on my game all the eye colors work, but when I change them to an adult the eye colors are not even there. The hole bar is completely gone!
    Anyone else got the same thing?

Hello @Clessiesims
    This could be caused by a broken mod/cc .
    There were many mods/cc broken by the recent Get Famous patch. This is a link to a thread that contains a list of some of the broken /updated mods/cc. Try checking to see if mods that you use are on that list, then update the mod.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem
  • CrazedCubanaaCrazedCubanaa Posts: 7 New Member
    Can someone please help me out. I always get Last Exception files everytime I download Private Practice mod. Yes I always make sure it's up to date and everything. Idk why it doesn't work for me.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Can someone please help me out. I always get Last Exception files everytime I download Private Practice mod. Yes I always make sure it's up to date and everything. Idk why it doesn't work for me.

I'd suggest asking them on Twitter - https://twitter.com/simrealist?lang=en - or posting your LE to the LE area in Deaderpool's Discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/AUJ8RAa
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2018

Come over to our MCCC discord server. We can read LEs over there.
    https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed (Discord App use optional, but not required!)

You might also try the "Last Exception Self Service"
    https://lastexception.com/
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if the mods that were updated for the latest patch will work with the realm of magic pack when it comes out please?
  • jam9821jam9821 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have a working link to download KawaiiStacie's Robots mod as it is no longer on her wix website.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    jam9821 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a working link to download KawaiiStacie's Robots mod as it is no longer on her wix website.

This is a year old thread. For new information on Mods please go here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020/p1 KawaiiStacie is pretty consistent and if a Mod is broken she will remove it from her site. You could try again after a couple of days to see if she has updated.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top