Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your mods folder?

what size is your mods folder?

If your mods folder size is big, does your game handle it well? :)

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    711 MB is the current size. Only 4 mods, and the rest is custom content. My game handles it fine. But I also own a gaming computer that my husband built.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    661 MB over about 530 seperate files. Half the files are mods, but they only account for about 10 MB of the actual size. I use much less cc then what I used for any other Sims game in the past.

The game handles it like a champ; honestly performance is no different when I play with it all disabled (which I do after any game patch for a bit before putting the cc/mods back in).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited December 2018
    It's one gig, my game handles it okay
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    9.4 gb and my computer handles it pretty great considering that. Stutter here and there but that’s because of some mods.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Too big. Not sure of how many gb but I hit 2,000 mods/cc today. My game handles it very well thankfully.
  • emily3859emily3859 Posts: 7 New Member
    Mine's 274 mb... those of you that have 1,000's of CC and huge GB's of mods - what mods are you using? i can barely find 15 i like let alone 1500! lol
  • peytiejaydepeytiejayde Posts: 10 New Member
    Mods and CC is 45gb. Computer is okay, takes awhile to load but no lag yet
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited December 2018
    4GB installed... more than that backed up on storage drives. I need to get rid of stuff that I don't use. The game and my desktop can handle it no problem. A computer with specs suited for this game shouldn't have issues unless the content is outdated or conflicting.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited December 2018
    It's small, only 1.37 MB.

I had over 5GB at one point. The game ran fine and loaded quickly.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    1.09MB. Just 2 mods.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Two-and-a-half gigs and over 1,000 files. My desktop PC handles it fine.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    emily3859 wrote: »
    Mine's 274 mb... those of you that have 1,000's of CC and huge GB's of mods - what mods are you using? i can barely find 15 i like let alone 1500! lol
    I have around 600 files in my Gameplay Mods folder, most of them are object overrides for slots/better placement/made portable/smaller so they don't count, but I have many fixes: no random outfits on unplayed sims, less autonomous behavior for annoying actions, animations replaced or shortened, making traits actually do something, hide useless interactions, etc. These are the basics.

Then I also have random enhancement mods that I got so used to I forget they're not by design in the game, like:
    -blic block raises logic
    -teeth brushing removes microwave uncomfortable moodlet
    -sims wear party outfits in nightclubs
    -no free samey books when buying a bookcase
    -send forged break up letter any day
    -find feathers collectibles with Backyard Party bird feeder
    -no walkbys in Forgotten Hollow
    -cupcake machine recipes in oven
    -ice cream in restaurants is served garnished
    -negative moodlet for low fun is bored

I constantly find new gems I didn't know I needed. Mods are small size files though, my few hundreds don't go over 60mb.

As for the initial question: a little over 2gb, runs perfectly fine.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited December 2018
    233MB for me. I only have 1 mod and the rest are cc. TS4 runs fine for me.
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    my mods folder is currently only 200mb but I want to do a big CC shop soon :D

what websites do you guys get your CAS CC from?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2018
    3.01 GB. And that's all CC. I don't have any script mods currently. So far no issues with performance.
    edited December 2018
    @shanls96, most of the cc I use is actually clutter and decorative objects to help spruce up my sims living spaces.

For CAS cc, I don't have a specific website where it's from, what I do is follow some great curators on tumblr and when they recommend something that I like the look of, I go get it. https://wondercarlotta.tumblr.com is one of the tumblr's I follow. She does some beautiful work herself and also recommends other things on occasion that are usually well done and tasteful. A lot of what I use came from a blog that closed up shop about a year ago, which is a shame, because the curator had a great eye for good Maxis-match cc. I haven't downloaded a whole lot of cc since her blog shut down.
  • peytiejaydepeytiejayde Posts: 10 New Member
    update: Now have 52gb of cc and mods. I am a hoarder
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    11GB, around 4,500 mods and cc files. Computer handles it fine, very little lag or side effects, load times very reasonable.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • jvliajuliqjvliajuliq Posts: 91 Member
    ~ 3,000 files, ~16gb
    yikes!
  • nkl93nkl93 Posts: 9 New Member
    My folder size is 458 MB. 252 Files, 11 Folders. Game handles it well.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    jvliajuliq wrote: »
    ~ 3,000 files, ~16gb

Can I ask what kind of mods you download? I have 3,209 files, yet my mod folder is only 8.33gb. I'm curious, since I never really thought about which type of mods take up the most space.
    edited December 2018
    gemjas wrote: »
    ~ 3,000 files, ~16gb

Can I ask what kind of mods you download? I have 3,209 files, yet my mod folder is only 8.33gb. I'm curious, since I never really thought about which type of mods take up the most space.
    Alpha hair tends to be the largest CC files that a person would be likely to accumulate a lot of. Custom Skins as well, depending on level of detail, and any clothes or objects with a lot of color swatches.
    Not really about what kind of cc a person has, but which specific stuff of that type. I have hairs that are only 1,000 KB in size, and others that are 51,000.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    9,75GB. Mine takes quite a while to boot up but once going I have no problems, no lag no nothing.
    I mostly have female hairs and clothes.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited December 2018
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    gemjas wrote: »
    ~ 3,000 files, ~16gb

Alpha hair tends to be the largest CC files that a person would be likely to accumulate a lot of. Custom Skins as well, depending on level of detail, and any clothes or objects with a lot of color swatches.
    Not really about what kind of cc a person has, but which specific stuff of that type. I have hairs that are only 1,000 KB in size, and others that are 51,000.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I went into my mods folder to see the size of everything and it all varied drastically between cc files of the same category. Though, most of my CAS items were 1,000 KB and above, while the build/buy CC I have just goes up from 1KB, lol. And of the 3,000+ files I have, 2,186 of them are build/buy objects, so I suppose that's why my folder is smaller.

But yeah, I never really paid any attention to the size of certain cc, but now I guess I'm going to have to pay more attention because I refuse to go over 10GB.
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    mine now slowly rising to 1.5gb xD