Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a Sims 5 disscussion page.

People constantly discuss the Sims 5 in off topic chat. Can we have a special category for it?
You're supposed to look at the post, weirdo silly!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Sims Sims 5 has not been officially announced it is consider speculation and can be discussed in the Speculation and Rumors section of the forum. There are already several Sims 5 topics being discussed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/speculation-and-rumor
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    This request was asked earlier this year but the response that was given was that they would prefer for us to post about TS5 either in the Off Topic section or the Speculation section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933851/can-we-have-a-sims-5-forum-even-if-it-is-declared-as-non-committal-etc

Plus EA had already declared that TS4 wasn't going any where for another 3 years.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942142/3-more-years-for-sims-4/p1
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/05/27/the-sims-4-will-have-new-content-for-years-out/

So given what we've heard about TS4 being around a lot longer, then it's safe to say that it's too soon for EA to be adding a section for TS5, especially when it hasn't even been announced that they're working on it.
  • DootLikeASkeletonDootLikeASkeleton Posts: 506 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    This request was asked earlier this year but the response that was given was that they would prefer for us to post about TS5 either in the Off Topic section or the Speculation section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933851/can-we-have-a-sims-5-forum-even-if-it-is-declared-as-non-committal-etc

Plus EA had already declared that TS4 wasn't going any where for another 3 years.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942142/3-more-years-for-sims-4/p1
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/05/27/the-sims-4-will-have-new-content-for-years-out/

So given what we've heard about TS4 being around a lot longer, then it's safe to say that it's too soon for EA to be adding a section for TS5, especially when it hasn't even been announced that they're working on it.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm new here so I had no clue.
  • DootLikeASkeletonDootLikeASkeleton Posts: 506 Member
    Thanks my friend.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    People talk about TS5 everywhere. It is what players are now asking or so hopefully we can have a section to talk away and speculate it without have to go past TS4 related threads that have no interest to me what so ever!

We know that TS5 will be coming at some point and it would be cool to see an area on the forums for it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2018
    People talk about TS5 everywhere. It is what players are now asking or so hopefully we can have a section to talk away and speculate it without have to go past TS4 related threads that have no interest to me what so ever!

We know that TS5 will be coming at some point and it would be cool to see an area on the forums for it :smile:

For all we know T5 could mean a version of The Sims mobile 4 for example programmers name each update with each change so all of the T5 could mean updade The Sims Mobile version 4.005 this is a general coders thing because I code to each app has software versions so T5 may be a software update version. Focus on providing your ideas for Sims 4 it will help the team develop it better for other simmers who play the game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2018

For all we know T5 could mean a version of The Sims mobile 4 for example programmers name each update with each change so all of the T5 could mean updade The Sims Mobile version 4.005 this is a general coders thing because I code to each app has software versions so T5 may be a software update version. Focus on providing your ideas for Sims 4 it will help the team develop it better for other simmers who play the game.

No, Maxis is building a new Sim game, with a different team from those that exists right now. It won't be an extension of The Sims Mobile or The Sims 4. Most of us think it is The Sims 5 since it is going to be a triple A game. Those are never just extentions of the current games, but a different IP.

ETA: And the time to give ideas and feedback about a new IP is before they start the production and let them know we don't want online only, cloud saves only, MMO gameplay. The best time to talk about that is before they go ahead and do that. ETA: It's too late by the time they release it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sims 5 has to be announced first before they'll put up a subforum on it.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

No, Maxis is building a new Sim game, with a different team from those that exists right now. It won't be an extension of The Sims Mobile or The Sims 4. Most of us think it is The Sims 5 since it is going to be a triple A game. Those are never just extentions of the current games, but a different IP.

ETA: And the time to give ideas and feedback about a new IP is before they start the production and let them know we don't want online only, cloud saves only, MMO gameplay. The best time to talk about that is before they go ahead and do that. ETA: It's too late by the time they release it.

Ugh if Sims 5 is MMO only I can’t see myself playing it
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member

@Cinebar Well then how do we let them know we don't want an MMO game like they tried to do with TS4? We need to make that clear, just in case they don't understand. Someone make a petition or something. lol

But I'm serious!!!!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited December 2018
    Goodywood wrote: »

@Cinebar Well then how do we let them know we don't want an MMO game like they tried to do with TS4? We need to make that clear, just in case they don't understand. Someone make a petition or something. lol

But I'm serious!!!!

@Goodywood I have seen people make petitions for other things here on the forums just by starting a topic and people “sign” by replying. I guess someone could do that, but I am not sure they would pay much attention.

I’d sign a petition though :D

@Goodywood and @MaggieMarley, It probably would be best to create a petition off site like https://www.change.org/ and any other site where petitions can be created at and share the link for the petition here since there is now a rule in the Don'ts section of the Do's and Don'ts rules thread about petitions and how they don't contribute to a useful and productive forum. Any petition threads that have been created gets locked down from any further postings to it. So the best thing to do is either create one off site like I said earlier or create a Poll asking rather TS5 should be or shouldn't be an MMO style game... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest
    You're welcome @MaggieMarley... :) Yeah I believe it was either added last year or sometime this year. I guess they did that as some of the petitions that was already created had gotten out of hand and a lot of bickering taking place in them.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone,

As @lisasc360 has explained, this was discussed some months ago, and the situation hasn't really changed - for any speculation of The Sims packs or games you would like to see in the future, please, use 'Speculation and rumor' or 'Off topic' forums.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Goodywood and @MaggieMarley, It probably would be best to create a petition off site like https://www.change.org/ and any other site where petitions can be created at and share the link for the petition here since there is now a rule in the Don'ts section of the Do's and Don'ts rules thread about petitions and how they don't contribute to a useful and productive forum. Any petition threads that have been created gets locked down from any further postings to it. So the best thing to do is either create one off site like I said earlier or create a Poll asking rather TS5 should be or shouldn't be an MMO style game... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

Regarding petitions: a discussion linking to a petition would still be considered a petition - the petition itself not being hosted on the forums doesn't really change the discussion being about it ;)

Thanks!
    -Mai

• KatbsmKatbsm Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree bu the sims 5 isn’t completely out just yet would be pointless
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2018
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    [...]for any speculation of The Sims packs or games you would like to see in the future, please, use 'Speculation and rumor' or 'Off topic' forums.[...]

The forum's subtitle...
    Dl3CExB.gif
    ...scares me off.

EDIT: Sorry, that was a little cryptic. What I wanted to say...
    @EA_Mai, does that mean that it's ok to post game related stuff in the Off Topic forums? If so, please let us know by adapting the subtitle/description.
    Post edited by TopNotchToddler on
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    [...]for any speculation of The Sims packs or games you would like to see in the future, please, use 'Speculation and rumor' or 'Off topic' forums.[...]

The forum's subtitle...
    Dl3CExB.gif
    ...scares me off.

EDIT: Sorry, that was a little cryptic. What I wanted to say...
    @EA_Mai, does that mean that it's ok to post game related stuff in the Off Topic forums? If so, please let us know by adapting the subtitle/description.

There's plenty of game-related stuff in that subforum already!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Yeah, you're right @paradiseplanet, guess I am just a sucker for clear instructions.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    The Sims 5 is NEVER coming so no.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

edited January 2019
    Trimoth wrote: »
    The Sims 5 is NEVER coming so no.

Nothing's been confirmed that TS5 won't be coming. Last year, EA had an ad out last year looking for character modelling for a new Sims game. Now what that game is, no one knows yet but a lot of people are speculating that it could for TS5.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/09/10/the-sims-5-maxis-recruiting-for-exciting-new-game-in-the-sims-franchise/
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    as @lisasc360 I would never say never you do not even know maybe the sims5 is already in the works so as a player of the sims will see if I see by the info that the sims5 will be interesting fun and a major wow will buy it for sure since I went the whole sims series since I played since the sims1
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsnMemesSimsnMemes Posts: 1 New Member
    Unpopular opinion, to all sims creators designers, i have some suggestions and ideas for sims 5. As a loyal and old sims player, i would love if sims 5 was similar to sims 3. The open world, the creative design tool, the realistic looking sims, houses and world, the freedom, the opportunities, the lifetime rewards. I would also love if in the sims 5 we could travel like in sims 2, we could learn new things, buy souvenirs, etc, without being obligated to complete missions, like in sims 3. I would also like if the appartments in sims 5 were similar to sims 2, we could choose which one we wanted and complain if our neighbors were being too loud. I would also like if we could invite the headmaster to dinner, so our kids could be able to go to a better school. I really liked that in sims 4 our sims don't need a ton of space to walk and that we can costumize our sims height and voice. I wanted to thank anyone who would take in consideration my opinion. Have a nice day everyone! :)