Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ID cheat not working :/

I use the sim ID cheat and all I get "Sim not found"

Does the darn cheat work at all?
(And before you ask If i'm typing it in right...I FREAKING AM. It doesn't work, no matter the sim I use. :/)

Comments

• CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    What's the sim ID cheat?
  • RealmOfAJAXRealmOfAJAX Posts: 87 Member
    Specify please?
    Origin: RealmOfAJAX
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited April 2015
    It works in my game so yes, I can only assume you're either not typing it correctly or you're not in the correct game mode.

I suggest clicking a household and "playing" them, you can pause the game. Remember it's Testingcheats true
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name First Last
    Example: Testing cheats true [enter] sims.get_sim_id_by_name Zoe Patel

Edit: Just want to add, if you're trying to grab ID's to change family relationships, don't bother. The family tree over rides the family tags in the relationship panel. Other wise nvm this comment.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • SwitzMiss22SwitzMiss22 Posts: 1 New Member
    The ID cheat isn't working for me either. It has worked in the past, with a different family I was playing, but for some reason it isn't working with this family.

When I type the name correctly it doesn't do anything. No number and no "Sim not found". It's as if I never typed anything in.

When I type the name incorrectly it says, "Sim not found."
  • ashtreehouseashtreehouse Posts: 2 New Member
    This cheat used to work, but it has stopped for me. I also get a totally blank response as if I'd never typed anything in. No number, no 'sim not found'.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    With some Sims' names you have to use speech marks (").
  • ashtreehouseashtreehouse Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the reply, but still not working. Tried double quotes (") and single quotes ('), but absolutely no output in return.
  • rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    I did it last night and it works for me :smile: Maybe you have to repair your game? :open_mouth: One time the cheats weren't working at all in my game and I repaired it and it was perfectly fine
  • simtime0492simtime0492 Posts: 1 New Member
    Same problem here, I have used everything people said on the forums and it still won't work :neutral:
  • DemonSaysDemonSays Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. My sim is called Ella Meere von Ö, but this cheat only work with sim that have only 1 surname
  • soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member
    I went in to modify Baby Ariel (Fame version) it wouldn't let me come out unless I gave her a last name so I selected the randomize & gave her a last name. Now the game won't recognize her at all. She can't plan socials, have a Bday party so I can age her up to get married. I tried the Sim ID thing; stated Sim not found. I tried the fix game option. I deleted her out of the game & even reloaded a new one from the library. Nothing is working. Any suggestions???
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @soulfull, According to my notes, for sims with names that have extra spaces you have to use quotes to designate the last name specifically and separately from the first name, NOT quotes around the entire name, just the last name by itself and the first name by itself. Have you tried that?

I just tested it with my founding sim who is named Timothy Jason Winters (TJ for short). This is what worked, and it did indeed work.

sims.get_sim_id_by_name "Timothy Jason" "Winters"

@soulfull Your problem sounds deeper than just the double name though...something wrong with that sim for sure.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    I haven't Stormkeep; thank you I will try that!
    No sir that didn't work either. I'm at a loss. I really wanted my Sim to marry her :(
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @soulfull, I've to lock this thread as it's been necro'd and your posts are not discussing the same issue as the topic at hand. Could you recreate your posts and the steps you've tried in a new thread on Answers HQ in The Sims 4 Tech section?
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top