Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Historical Sims Stories and Worlds

2...Next

Comments

• LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I've been rewatching Outlander so would love an 18th century style world.

I would definetly download a historical save, I keep meaning to do one for myself but I lack the patience :joy: I can't seem to find any history type saves around that aren't modern.
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    This is so weird, I actually made a thread about something similar to this the other day. I was wondering if some people wanted to collaborate on a medieval save file. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952154/medieval-save-file#latest

I miss the more historical worlds. Yes, there's elements of it in Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow, but *Ariel voice* I want moooore. I was obsessed with Dragon Valley from Sims 3 store and would love something similar.

Side note, does anyone know of any Youtubers who have long running/complete/active historical let's plays? I'd love to hear your recommendations. I love SimpleBliss's amazon challenge series. Something similar to that, perhaps? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTPhdjK2UyixRWZ5OQBxbXg/playlists
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Most of my builds are centered around Victorian styles and i'd love a historical world that they would fit in. Maybe a world that is a cross between Dragon Valley, Windenburg, and Forgotten Hollow. But of course the biggest problem is that everything requires your sim to use the computer or phone, and randomly generated sims never fit the aesthetic you are going for. The closest I have gotten to a historical save is to redesign a neighborhood in Willow Creek.
    yHINxpB.png
    FQ9EzFl.png
    WlEiBWS.png

And a redesign of Forgotten Hollow into a Gothic Victorian neighborhood.
    Aulalgl.png
    k2RJcWe.png

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited December 2018
    Such great idea, OP! I'm having too little time and already too many sims projects to grab any more, but I love historical settings and projects. Back in TS3 I played a community through 300 years of town development (Galucca). It was great fun! Might be harder in TS4 because of tall builds backdrops and cars etc, but playing selected areas of Windenburg should be good, especially the Island where there are no roads, even.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    @Flexono1 Your Victorian redesigns look awesome!
    Sorry everyone, but it seems university has become quite a challenge lately, so any updates on my progress may come pretty far in the future. I've started planning for a 1916 Ireland theme, but after doing research on the political climate at the time, it looks like it will take far longer to properly evoke the complexity needed in the world.
    Note: This file (once completed) will be restricted to Windenberg, and the other worlds will probably be either empty or have a few more families and characters to fill in the background. Again, this will likely be delayed for months due to university, but I will post updates on progress.
  • RuinaRuina Posts: 20 Member
    I have an idea to create and play as Helen Vaughan from the 1890s horror book "The Great God Pan" so I might delve into historical playing. I already have the house built but not furnished and the characters are not there yet. The character doesn't really interact much with other people until adulthood but after that it might get complicated. I watched professorlilith videos on Youtube and there are certainly problems with townies in regular clothes breaking in and ruining the mood.
    @Ruina That sounds neat! Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with "The Great God Pan", but that seems really fun!
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I love that! I have a royal family I like to play and would love having the world all older style as they are, and being older my vampires I use would fit in so well, love that and always looking for more older style ( 1800s) Sims
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Most of my builds are centered around Victorian styles and i'd love a historical world that they would fit in. Maybe a world that is a cross between Dragon Valley, Windenburg, and Forgotten Hollow. But of course the biggest problem is that everything requires your sim to use the computer or phone, and randomly generated sims never fit the aesthetic you are going for. The closest I have gotten to a historical save is to redesign a neighborhood in Willow Creek.
    yHINxpB.png
    FQ9EzFl.png
    WlEiBWS.png

And a redesign of Forgotten Hollow into a Gothic Victorian neighborhood.
    Aulalgl.png
    k2RJcWe.png

Love that so much!
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited December 2018
    This is an awesome idea and I'd love to see it happen.

I've always wanted to create a save where each world occupies a different era or time period, I think for me that'd be fun as I enjoy time travelling ideas and also frequently do historical themed challenges and stories so.

The main issue is that if you're going without CC, everything tends to end up looking very similar as we've kinda not had huge amounts of stuff that's historically themed. I really hope they'll do a game or stuff pack focused just on older CAS or objects...

The acting sets in Get Famous should help a lot, I'm hoping someone will start to separate the props and stuff from the sets so we have a few more items to work with..
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I've been rewatching Outlander so would love an 18th century style world.

I would definetly download a historical save, I keep meaning to do one for myself but I lack the patience :joy: I can't seem to find any history type saves around that aren't modern.

Depending on where you want your 18th century setting, in Colonial America it was mostly log cabins.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RuinaRuina Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2018
    [quote="KalopsianDreamer;c-16861388"]
    I've always wanted to create a save where each world occupies a different era or time period, I think for me that'd be fun as I enjoy time travelling ideas and also frequently do historical themed challenges and stories so.[/quote]

This is very neat! Even having people from different "eras" interact wouldn't feel out of place in such setting.
    Post edited by Ruina on