Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things should be connected but are not? Why?

I own almost all SP, GP, & EP packs The Sims 4 has released and can't help but to ask why certain things just don't make sense.
Why in the Joke Star Aspiration, I can't get 'join The Entertainment career' ticked off even though my sim is an actress? Is that not an entertainment job?
How come Sims with the Criminal career aren't in the jail cells with GTW? Or maybe the sims with the Kleptomaniac trait?? Why not make them subjects of interest?
With The Animal Aspiration 'Have a pet in household' isn't ticked off even though the sim owns several fish and hamsters? Are those not pets? Because in real life my pair of Chinese hamster brothers (Zee & Nibbler) are definitely pets!
I'm sure there are many more examples of things just not making sense that should be connected in TS4. These are just 2 things that have been irking me lately.
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I blame it on the fact they weren't thinking of either GF or "MFP" at the time of the base game release.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    I agree, it would also add more depth to have the different packs interacting with each other, e.g. insects in Selvadorada should be collectible, insects in Granite Falls should bite.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It's an interesting dilemma. The game has added a lot of content over the years and while some of it interconnects and in interesting ways... Lots of it seems separated by design or by oversight. It's kinda frustrating. :/
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    It's possible that linking certain things will negatively affect people who don't own all the packs, and so avoids problems there.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I own almost all SP, GP, & EP packs The Sims 4 has released and can't help but to ask why certain things just don't make sense.
    Why in the Joke Star Aspiration, I can't get 'join The Entertainment career' ticked off even though my sim is an actress? Is that not an entertainment job?
    How come Sims with the Criminal career aren't in the jail cells with GTW? Or maybe the sims with the Kleptomaniac trait?? Why not make them subjects of interest?
    With The Animal Aspiration 'Have a pet in household' isn't ticked off even though the sim owns several fish and hamsters? Are those not pets? Because in real life my pair of Chinese hamster brothers (Zee & Nibbler) are definitely pets!
    I'm sure there are many more examples of things just not making sense that should be connected in TS4. These are just 2 things that have been irking me lately.

"The Entertinament career" not a entertainment career. Things should connect more though. Like I'd think hamsters would count as pets(title: my first pet), not fish though. Fish are more objects than the regular pets are, they are even part of a collection like rocks.
    It would make sense to have criminal sims and kleptos get arrested, but I don't really know what careers most sims have if I don't play them and I actually think that somehow changes, which is both interesting and annoying. In one of my saves Victor Feng was a politician and on my newest save he is unemployed(sims wiki says politics career). I was gonna make him famous.
    Not sure what it would take for them to add played criminal/klepto sims getting arrested. I know nothing of making games so idk if that's possible.
    I notice many could be connections when playing, but I usually don't make note because I figure it's pointless. It'll be changed or it won't.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018

Well, a lot of what you are asking doesn't make sense in the first place.

The entertainment career is a career of it's own and was designed for comedy and music skills. There's no correlation with acting so I don't agree that it should be ticked off by being on the acting career. That makes absolutely 0 sense to me. If it said entertainment business that would be something else though. Like the acting aspiration exists for the acting career, the musician and the comedy aspirations exist for the entertainment career.

As for the second I guess that would make sense, although people in other careers can commit crimes as well. But if you look at it in a gameplay point of view, if every subject was in the criminal career and had the kleptomaniac trait it would be much easier to catch the thief therefore making the detective game really easy and boring. You'd just have to know two aspects of the sim to instant know who it is every single time, which would leave no challenge.

The animal thing, that one I 100% agree in regards to the hamsters. They are pets and should tick the aspiration thing. Fish though, in this game, sadly, you can't even feed them so I wouldn't consider them pets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Also, if sims in the criminal track and/or klepto's were placed in jail, it would be difficult for you to play them as there's no justice system to get them released.

Imagine "I went to play my Tony Soprano but he's in jail. I had a great storyline but he's been locked up with no way to spring him. I hate this EA, please don't lockup my criminals for me."