Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Wow ... this does NOT look like it could possibly be the same building @creativemetaphor :)
    I actually had to stop and figure out the room placement, lol
    Wonderful warm tones and lots of wood turn this into a marvelous medieval meets modern amenities that exceeds expectations. There's a hidden basement? How intriguing!!
    Wonderful cabin @Kgaff :)
    Turning the front view around like you did and adding dormer windows made such a difference! It looks terrific as a cabin and the furnishing choices along with the cozy palette truly complement one another!! Perfect for a weekend getaway/vacation home or relaxing everyday living.
    It looks awesome as a working farm @Lilypink79 :)
    Terrific layout and use of color! The landscaping has so many little details that draw the eye back and forth for more than one look. <3 the bench overlooking the small pond. Turning the bathroom into a dining room is a terrific idea! I wish I had thought to do that.
    Your modernization of the Monotone turned out beautifully @ciane :)
    <3 the name! The layout is spacious and flows nicely from one area to the next. How interesting to note that moving the bed made the room feel much larger than before. Who knew?! Obviously, not me lol Great use of color and texture throughout this cozy build.
    Your lush landscaping is absolutely amazing @iampes23 !!
    However did you get so much outside and still have tons of clutter pieces inside? I call magic, lol
    The house feels like it has been there a long time and is a combination of items collected over over the years.
    What a fun transformation @mederouin :)
    Neat idea to purposefully move the rooms and objects around. There's plenty to do whether the sims are inside or not and with it set in Starlight Shores, sims are sure to want to take advantage of those gorgeous views. This particular plot of land is a fabulous choice. Arches, airy wall dividers and plenty of windows really open up this space!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ADWilson I'm so glad to see you managed to finish up and join us this month! Nice job on the renovation. I like that you moved the driveway to the front, allowing you a lot of useable outdoor space on different parts of the lot and that you divided that space into some very defined areas. I especially like the outdoor sitting area beside the studio and across from the garden. I think that would be a very pleasant, private spot to relax. A few other things I really liked include the dark brick siding, the variation of colors in the kitchen floor tiles, the bathroom layout, and the warmth of the bedroom - I know blue is a cool color, but overall the bedroom comes off warm to me.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    @ADWilson I'm so glad to see you managed to finish up and join us this month! Nice job on the renovation. I like that you moved the driveway to the front, allowing you a lot of useable outdoor space on different parts of the lot and that you divided that space into some very defined areas. I especially like the outdoor sitting area beside the studio and across from the garden. I think that would be a very pleasant, private spot to relax. A few other things I really liked include the dark brick siding, the variation of colors in the kitchen floor tiles, the bathroom layout, and the warmth of the bedroom - I know blue is a cool color, but overall the bedroom comes off warm to me.

Thank YOU for the lovely compliment @suzses
    Me too. Nothing like waiting until the 11th hour before getting rear in gear, lol and then additionally challenging myself by not adding store objects (which would have really added some nice touches here & there). I did that to keep myself from doing my usual route of falling down the decor rabbit hole.

Driveways take up a lot of space so moving it to the front was the very first thing I did. Exterior of house and driveway landscaping were next ... definitely didn't do my usual of work inside then outside ... and bounced from room to room, moving objects and then getting to work. Nothing I did followed my usual method/steps but it turned out well, I think.

The kitchen is a favorite as well as the bedroom. The red and cream offsetting the blue makes this a warmer room or at least it does in my mind.
    Was planning on turning the bathroom into a half bath and bathroom but door placement was the issue preventing this from happening. The small patio outside the studio is a fun spot since the garden and gates to the grilling area as well as the hot tub can be seen. Hindsight being 20/20, am wishing a fire pit had been placed nearby. Oh and horseshoes. Those would have been nice, too. I'm sure the would-have-been-nice-to-have ideas will appear now that the build is done.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, @ADWilson, thanks for all the lovely comments for everyone's builds!

I've seen the write-up for this next month's challenge. I think you all are going to love it! It's exactly the challenge I would have suggested, but presented in a much better way. I've always loved the presentations of the challenges, but this one is... you'll see!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited December 2018
    5nd1sli.png
    BnS #208 is officially closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    25XVdfZ.jpg

HxlPwQH.jpg

vPz5U5r.png
    • Lot size: no larger than 30x40
    • 2 bedrooms (one for Claus's and one for helpers)
    • 2 bathrooms
    • Budget: unlimited
    • Build should include a house, workshop and stable

Optional Challenge
    Create Mr. & Mrs. Claus and at least 3 of their helpers.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Twas the Month of December
    What a month to remember!

Construction crews will be busy
    Saving Santa from getting tizzy!

This challenge sure looks like fun
    Good Luck on getting things done B)

This looks very intriguing!!
    Wr2hKWH.png

Attention Intermediate Entrants for #208 - Fall Designer Showdown - your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Oh what a challenge to get all that on a normal-sized lot! But, unlimited budget should make lots of simmers very happy this holiday season.
    edited December 2018
    YEW12tS.png

Attention Advanced Entrants for #208 - Fall Designer Showdown - your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Hey guys :) Do all three have to be separate buildings? Or can we do like the workshop attached to the house or stable?
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2018
    Well done everyone on Challenge #208

@suzses I can just picture myself a sim, chilling in the hot tub, cocktail in hand, taking in the views without a care in the world. The outside area and the bathroom are my favourite area's. The rooms are so light and airy and give off a modern yet homely vibe.

@creativemetaphor Where to begin! you have used your building skills so creatively it's hard to work out where the original structure actually is. I love it! The white box was so plain and unimaginative and you've turned it into a medieval masterpiece.

@Kgaff Oh my goodness! I'm in awe of your landscaping; it looks so real! The stream is simply adorable and by having a choice of both covered and open patio area's really utilizes the space for all seasons

@iampes23 I thoroughly enjoyed reading your narrated tour of the house. You really did think of everything and your eclectic interiors with bold colours worked so well. I love the William Morris walls too (I'm from the UK) and the waterfall gave it such a romantic feel.

@Mederouin A completely different style to the other entries. I adore beachy themes and struggle with them however you have achieved the look perfectly. The roof-line and upper windows really bring the whole building together. I really like the use of the fence as a divider near the bedroom. Very creative!

@ADWilson As soon as I saw the additional building I thought to myself "that screams Artists Studio" and I wasn't disappointed. I adore the brickwork and dark wood combination on the exterior and the added green accent wall works perfectly. Your closet space is a great idea, as is the curved driveway out front. *stealing both ideas*

OMG! I cannot actually believe I won my category, i'm blown away! Thank you so much! I have only learnt how to change ceilings last week as the plain white was driving me crazy. I didn't realise you could change it haha i'm looking forward to reading #209 brief now i've finally commented on everyone's creations :)
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    @BuildnShare - that poem is genius! Who wrote it? <3
    paneinger wrote: »
    Hey guys :) Do all three have to be separate buildings? Or can we do like the workshop attached to the house or stable?

Good question! Do you mean a shared wall or rooms within the same building? The brief doesn't say the buildings have to be separate, so I think you could attach them, particularly since you don't have a lot of room.
    edited December 2018
    Lilypink79 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - that poem is genius! Who wrote it? <3

TS3 BnS's own @creativemetaphor wrote the poem! Isn't she talented? <3

ADWilson wrote: »
    Twas the Month of December
    What a month to remember!

Construction crews will be busy
    Saving Santa from getting tizzy!

This challenge sure looks like fun
    Good Luck on getting things done B)

This looks very intriguing!!

<3 it! Kudos for getting into the spirit of the challenge already :)

ciane wrote: »
    Oh what a challenge to get all that on a normal-sized lot! But, unlimited budget should make lots of simmers very happy this holiday season.

Yes, it's a bit of a devious twist, but with an unlimited budget we had to do something to keep it challenging! B)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2018
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Your lush landscaping is absolutely amazing @iampes23 !!
    However did you get so much outside and still have tons of clutter pieces inside? I call magic, lol
    The house feels like it has been there a long time and is a combination of items collected over over the years.

Thanks! I did hope the place felt like it was old and lived in, so YAY!!!! I can't even remember, but I usually use debug stuff that is cheap or free when I can. And going with the cheapest option but recoloring to make it look better is a must on these challenges. :D

edit: OMG! I am a horrible person! I got to "Those helpers have gone and blown up my shop" and I was laughing! So very bad!!!!!! lol
    I am packing to move, but I just have to try to fit this one in!!! And whoever wrote that poem did an awesome job!!! LOVE it!

Did I ever mention that UNLIMITED BUDGET is my favorite kind>? rofl THANKS!!!!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @creativemetaphor The poem is wonderful! <3 I often really like the write ups for the challenges and sometimes wish "the rest of the story" would be written, although I know that's unreasonable. :D

I was thinking it was going to be too much to pull this off this month, but it keeps rolling around in the back of my mind, so who knows . . .
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @suzses Thank you! :) I think part of the challenge is *we* write the 'rest' of the story ;)

Here's to us both getting something done!
    • Lot size: no larger than 30x40
    • 2 bedrooms (one for Claus's and one for helpers)
    • 2 bathrooms
    • Budget: unlimited
    • Build should include a house, workshop and stable

Optional Challenge
    Create Mr. & Mrs. Claus and at least 3 of their helpers.

So the build must include (but is not limited to) a house, workshop & stable ?

Is more than one house/stable/workshop allowed?

Is there a maximum limit of 2 beds and 2 baths allowed on the whole lot?
    Those are what you need to include, but you aren't limited to them @Lilypink79.

I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

I had a problem where I couldn't place a ladder, so I started all over again and couldn't place a fence. Then, I finally found out it was that tall barn door I'd MOO'd in that was in the way! I rebuilt my stables way too many times!

I hope you are all having fun with what you are working on!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top