Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you host your cc?

It's been about a month since I've started to share my cc. I made a Tumblr for the first time, since that is where I go to look for cc to download. I've been updating it with new projects almost daily. My links for downloading do go through adfly and onto my Mediafire. All of this I thought was okay and allowed. However, right after I tried posting a new sweater to Tumblr, my screen froze. I refreshed and was sent to a login page I have never seen before. I put in my info then was directed to "Your Account Has Been Terminated". Is this a normal occurrence? I don't know of any other place that is relevant to simmers for me use. Oh, I was also pinning my posts to my Pinterest page. So confused. :neutral:

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    You can contact Tumblr and see why they terminated your account and if it can be reinstated. There are some instructions here on how to do that: http://evemorancil.blogspot.com/2015/11/how-to-restore-terminated-tumblr-blog.html

I remember a while back, Tumblr had a huge problem with Adfly and was deleting sites that used it. But, I don't know what their current policy is. You may want to direct link to your Mediafire downloads. I know you won't get paid that way. Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. You might look around and see if you can find a Simblr that uses adfly and message them to see if they have had problems.
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I sent the help request, I hope they get back soon. I kinda was hoping to make enough money to buy more expansions...pretty silly. lol. If I'm not allowed though, I'll just do the direct Mediafire link. I started making cc just to have items I couldn't find, so no big deal. Maybe I'll be lucky and get my expansions for xmas this year. :smiley:
    My Tumblr is back up, but they deleted every post that had an adfly link. No response in my email from them, but I think I get the point. lol. Would it be okay if I posted both a link to adfly and mediafire? I have seen some creators do that. This really sucks though...I have to re-upload everything. But, better than being completely banned from Tumblr I suppose. :blush:
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited November 2018
    My Tumblr is back up, but they deleted every post that had an adfly link. No response in my email from them, but I think I get the point. lol. Would it be okay if I posted both a link to adfly and mediafire? I have seen some creators do that. This really plum though...I have to re-upload everything. But, better than being completely banned from Tumblr I suppose. :blush:

I'm really not sure what their policy is. As I said, finding a Simblr who has adfly and asking them might be best. I know Nolan Sims has her Tumblr to advertise her CC but, then links to another site for downloads. She doesn't use adfly but, something like that might be an option. She links to weebly.com. I've seen other Simmers link to Blogspot.com and Wix.com. Nolan is very approachable if you want to ask her questions and she's been a creator for a while, so I am sure she has answers that I don't. Here is her ask: https://nolan-sims.tumblr.com/ask
    Thanks so much! I just sent her a question. I saw on her FAQs that she does use Adfly, so she definitely should be able to help. :smile:
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I don't use adfly myself but other creators that I know of usually host the adfly links on WIX, Simsdom or sometimes blogspot.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios