Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday pack lacking?

Is it me or does it seem like the Holiday or Christmas pack is lacking? I was expecting at least a Christmas tree and lights, but the stuff that they put in there was really disappointing. They decided to celebrate Kwanzaa and Hanukkah, but it seems like Christmas was left way out of the picture. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited December 2009
    They did include Christmas stuff . . .
  • Options
    crazycerealcrazycereal Posts: 73 New Member
    edited December 2009
    They did include Christmas stuff . . .

Where? I dont see any christmas tree either. I see Kwanzaa and Hanukkah candles but why no Christmas Tree?
  • Options
    DJsrFunDJsrFun Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure I would consider those 4 items to be "Christmas" i mean really they are interchangeable. I was expecting maybe some lights to hang and at the least a tree. Two weeks before Christmas and they release this pack and they don't even include things that represent the holiday.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wreaths and presents DO represent Christmas.

Besides, they`re adding stuff to the new update, maybe you`ll get it then . . .
    of course EA didn`t HAVE to give us anything. . .and you should never assume anything, it`ll only leave you disappointed in the end.
  • Options
    DJsrFunDJsrFun Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Those things can also represent Hanukkah as well, I have seen Jewish people decorate their houses.Also of course the pack is going to be free, most of the holiday packs are. I'm sure that I'm not the only person that thought that they would include Christmas stuff in the holiday pack that only represents Christmas. They included the Menorah, that only represents Hanukkah. As far as assuming is concerned, I'm not the only person that assumed that items exclusive to the holiday would be in it. There are others that have been looking forward to having a tree as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    well as they say: Ya can`t please everyone . .and I`m sure they are just as disappointed, but again, The pack was FREE and they didn`t HAVE to give us anything. They also might include an interactive Christmas Tree in the update. We`ll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    ShTiger01ShTiger01 Posts: 1,282 New Member
    edited December 2009
    COPIED FROM A POST I MADE UNDER THE STORE FORUM:

Okay, so I've read no-end of posts regarding the FREE holiday items - please note I said HOLIDAY not Christmas. So here is a post for you all to have a good moan about which religions are missing out.

• Athiests: Winter Solstice –
    • Buddhists: Bodhi Day –
    • Christians: Feast of Immaculate Conception, Christmas Day and St Stephens Day –
    • Jews: Hanukkah –
    • Kemetic Orthodoxy: Day of the Wandering Goddess –
    • Muslims: Id al-Adha, Ashura and Hajj -
    • Native Americas: Soyal -
    • Nova Romans: Saturnalia -
    • Wiccans and Neopagans: Yule –
    • Zorostrians: Zartusht-no-diso –

Which items would you have liked to see? Have I missed you out? Please add your own link!!!

Other Celebrations in and around December include:

• Festivus
    • Human Rights Day
    • Krismas
    • Kwanza
    • National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
    • Omisoko
    • Shabe-Yalde
    • Virgin of Guadelope
    • Santa Lucia Day
    • Las Posados
    • Al Hijra
    • Boxing Day

And then, let’s not forget the other festivals that are celebrated throughout the year... need I go on???

**EDIT - PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME FESTIVALS MAY DIFFER, DEPENDING WHICH HEMISPHERE YOU ARE IN**

Charlotte

PS - I'm Wiccan and would love to see some Yule items, but it ain't going to happen and I don't really care. It's a game.
  • Options
    darkscarlet1darkscarlet1 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There is a fairly decent CC Christmas Tree at Sapphire Sims with three channels to color.

http://www.sapphiresims2.com/showthread.php?t=38737
  • Options
    AugustsimAugustsim Posts: 106 Member
    edited December 2009
    The Christmas items they gave us are free and they are a gift to all of us. Before you get upset just think of it this way, how would you feel if you gave someone a gift and they complained about it?
  • Options
    AugustsimAugustsim Posts: 106 Member
    edited December 2009
    There is a fairly decent CC Christmas Tree at Sapphire Sims with three channels to color.

Thanks!
  • Options
    saveoursouls2008saveoursouls2008 Posts: 341 New Member
    edited December 2009
    You guys remember it's EA were dealing with. This isn't the same company we use to know who supported the Sims and Sims 2(not last few S2 games). Meaning the NEXT Stuff pack will be a "Happy Holiday" stuff pack. Meaning we get over 15 new items for the low price of $40! Woot!
  • Options
    sweetkelseysweetkelsey Posts: 118 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I want a christmas tree...
  • Options
    saveoursouls2008saveoursouls2008 Posts: 341 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I want a christmas tree...

It's not happening, wait for the new SP.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited December 2009
    The Christmas items they gave us are free and they are a gift to all of us. Before you get upset just think of it this way, how would you feel if you gave someone a gift and they complained about it?

I've been checking the Store everyday for the past few weeks -- and I've yet to find a free Holiday download! I was shocked to see the New Year's Eve hats instead of something for Christmas. Where should I be looking? Was it only up for a few minutes and I missed it?

Help, please. I'm so disappointed. Wanted Christmas decorations badly for my little Simmies.

Okay, I found it! And, yes it is lacking. Miss the tree, but at least they've got stockings and a wreath and garland. Yeah.

Thanks you, EA!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited December 2009
    1. of all the SET is called a HOLIDAY set, not CHRISTMAS set.
    2.garlands and wreaths come from the Druids/Celtic people
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'd like a Christmas tree too, I'm suprised there wasn't one included.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2009
    what would be worse for me than not having a tree, would be having a tree with no Santa to come give my sims presents. hopefully they'll add that in a stuff pack like they did with TS2

i guess it would be nice to have a tree, but i'm thankful for what they gave us. i'm still kind of surprised they just gave it to us instead of charging us for it.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited December 2009
    I do agree the set is "lacking" (I mean no Christmas tree even?!?), however EA has given us these items for free and I definitely appreciate that! They did not have to give us anything! So, thank you EA.
  • Options
    TaffyannaTaffyanna Posts: 17 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I know that the pack is free and all, but I was really hoping for a Christmas tree. I mean come on! How could they not include one? Anyway there is a good CC tree here http://nandosims3.blogspot.com/2009/11/arvore-de-natal-conversao-ts2-ts3.html
  • Options
    Patty_BoodPatty_Bood Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I know I vented about this on another thread last night.
  • Options
    darkscarlet1darkscarlet1 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Augustsim wrote:

Thanks!

No problem. The best part....its free. =)
  • Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    We have been through all of this on threads before. why keep making them!
  • Options
    SPANETTESPANETTE Posts: 89 Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree with what everyone is saying about the Holiday pack from EA, I really do appreciate the things they have given us :), but when I can download things like this:

http://jugamos.foroactivo.net/actualizaciones-del-foro-f39/12-12-2009-t1469.htm#13611 (registration required)

and this:

http://www.sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru/load/dekorativnye_predmety_dlja_*******_uchastka/dekorativnye_predmety_dlja_*******_uchastka/rozhdestvenskie_oleni_dlja_sims_3/34-1-0-279

I'm not really bothered about there not being a Christmas tree, theres a lot of talented artists out there who have created, in my opinion, items which are far superior to EA. And they don't charge us for it either.

Kudos goes to http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/ for finding these wonderful creations :D
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    I just have to comment on ShTiger01's post. Festivus is not a real holiday. It is a joke that was invented in the 1980's by Jerry Seinfeld in his show "Seinfeld." The joke is that the character Frank Costanza (father of George) invented a holiday called Festivus because he was sick of all the overly-commercial real holidays out there. So, Frank made his family celebrate Festivus every year instead of Hannukkah (they were Jewish). One of the traditions of Festivus is "the airing of grievances," where you have to tell your family how much they have disappointed you over the years. That should tell you it's a joke, right there.

If there are any real people out there who have decided to celebrate Festivus, it's because they get the joke and understand that's it's a fake, made-up holiday that began with Seinfeld.