Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you usually your give your sims house phones?

Comments

• Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    No, almost never
    never, it seems pointless now they have mobiles. and now I know my sims would get lots of prank calls I definitely won't be letting them have one any time soon. well, ok, maybe they can for a day or two haha

I don't have a landline IRL
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • gamerplaya94gamerplaya94 Posts: 106 Member
    Other/Depends on the sim
    The only reason I would ever put a home phone in my sims' house is if I was playing a save that takes place before the late 2000s/2010s.
    k657Sd0.png
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    No, almost never
    Almost never for me. I just never bothered because everyone gets a cell phone automatically. Reading this thread, I may start placing one phone in each house. Thanks for the tips everyone. :)
    I do wish we had the option to not have cell phones. I think it should be something that has to be purchased by the sim, like an upgrade from a land line.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    No, almost never
    No, unless it has some decorative purpose.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Yes, almost always
    I never used them before I got the Gardener Service mod. If they came with a house I would occasionally remove them. I don't have one in real life either. But when I got the Gardener Service I need a landline for my sims to activate or cancel the gardener service so I like to use the phone as decor too now.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    No, almost never
    I didn’t even know there is a landline phone!!! How can I find it ?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Yes, almost always

Go into Buy Mode. Sort by Room. Kitchen. It's next to the Fridge. Also in Sort by Function: Electronics | Miscellaneous Electronics
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    No, almost never
    I know many play and love both games, but just glancing at your posting history we should probably ask if you are actually playing TS3 as that is what this thread is about. I wouldn't know if there are landline phones in TS4.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    there's housephones in s4!?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other/Depends on the sim
    I don't always give landlines to my homes though community lots get them a lot from a Mod that lets me place then anywhere.I would have to place them in houses if the cell phones got disabled by one of my Mods in a time of war like the Revolutionary war in the 18th century or the war of 1812.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    No, almost never
    Simpkin wrote: »

Nope, none in 4
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Breazona wrote: »

Nope, none in 4

Holy cow! I never realised the link lead to this part of the forum. I'm outta here!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    No, almost never
    Holy cow! I never realised the link lead to this part of the forum. I'm outta here!
    Gosh, thanks for stopping by though.

(wonders if we should all be getting screened for having cooties or something, we wouldn't want the other sections of the forum to get infected with our TS3 germs...) :o
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    No, almost never
    Nope, usually I forget that they are there and later will find them in buy mode and sell them off for a few extra simoleons.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited December 2018
    Other/Depends on the sim

(wonders if we should all be getting screened for having cooties or something, we wouldn't want the other sections of the forum to get infected with our TS3 germs...) :o
    [/quote]

Ha ha too late. I bounce between all the sections so I just may be Typhoid Mary Sim. o:)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    No, almost never

Nope, none in 4

The "I'm outta here!" killed me. Quite possible the funniest thing I've seen on this forum :bawling:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    No, almost never
    I honestly for the longest time didn´t know there were usable landline phones in the Sims 3. :D
    My sims still mostly don´t have any, because everyone has a cell phone. I still have one in RL, though, but it´s actually a digital one, connected to my router, so it won´t do me any good in case of a blackout.
    *achoo*
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    No, almost never
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Almost never for me. I just never bothered because everyone gets a cell phone automatically. Reading this thread, I may start placing one phone in each house. Thanks for the tips everyone. :)
    I do wish we had the option to not have cell phones. I think it should be something that has to be purchased by the sim, like an upgrade from a land line.

This as well.I hate that they automatically give all sims cellphones, even kids lol.XD I have a mod that disables cellphones, but I'm not sure if it disables landlines as well.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Yes, almost always
    Yep. I actually hate that they have cellphone always attached to them. They do everything from those things but I don't want them going out and someone calls them up for some reason or another. I'm always hitting ignore call in the game and in real life, lol.

I'm a big believer in options in The Sims games. Yeah, cell phones exist but I want to choose if my sim has one and they should be able to leave it behind if they want like in real life. I don't want all of my sims forced to live modernly and up to date unless that's the game I have in mind at the time or that's my sim's personality. I like most of my sims using landlines but I actually have to make them use it or it's basically just decor.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    Yes, almost always
    Yes, always! I hardly ever use them but it adds to the appearence of the room, and it saves me from glitches when the cellphone keeps ringing and i can't answer it. Also if the sims are doing something else i'm more likely to hear it
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I always have a house phone. I lost a sim to a cooker fire in TS2 because I didn't have one and I am not willing to repeat the experience.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member

Nope, none in 4

tenor.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited December 2018
    No, almost never
    Odonata68 wrote: »

This as well.I hate that they automatically give all sims cellphones, even kids lol.XD I have a mod that disables cellphones, but I'm not sure if it disables landlines as well.

Do you happen to have a link to this mod? Please and thank you. :smiley: IMHO sims in Dragon Valley should not be on cell phones! :s

screenshot_original.jpg

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    No, almost never
    I'd use landlines more often in my Sims game saves (depending on the Sim and/or story) if they ever rang! :grimace:

It's the cell phones that ring all the time in my game so I'm like, "Why bother with landline phones in their houses then..." :confused:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes, almost always
    I do. In Sims 2 if I am playing an adult Sim who didn't go to college and get a cell phone. For some reason I also still put phones on the wall in their houses even if they did go to college. I guess it's because I played the game before University was released and had to use the house phone for everything.