Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm really missing Sims 2

124...Next

Comments

• simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I know I bought at least two full sets of Sims 2 (one for me and one for my daughter)... and I think I had to rebuy the last expansion again for me because the disk got damaged in my home. I never got patches for it. I didn't do anything online with it at all. Not even register it.. Maybe if I contact EA and give them all my codes I can get a complete patched version?

All you need is the code and they will add it to your origin account, i suggest downloading from origin even if you have disk to the sims (any version) because they have the updates already and you can play disk free. Mine was not registered, but I think they have to not be registered by someone else using the same code.
  • cyberlinabluecyberlinablue Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anybody know if and when SIM 5 is planned...? I kind of got a little bored in SIM 4.. not much more to do, except buying further add-ons (which I am not interested in having all of them..)?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Does anybody know if and when SIM 5 is planned...? I kind of got a little bored in SIM 4.. not much more to do, except buying further add-ons (which I am not interested in having all of them..)?

Hi :)

Only EA knows when or If there will be a TS5.

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited November 2018
    I play TS2 mostly. I dislike TS3 it’s just too much work, NRaas mods, setting up etc.

I started to play TS4 with GF but with all the bugs I can’t play that either so back to TS2 I go.

—T
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Probably never. We would have started hearing something by now, if nothing else gloating over some new supposedly ultra wonderful feature we don't have now. TS2 was still alive and well when hints of 3 started coming out, including the mini game on sims' computers. Four years in on the leaky canoe and not a peep. Although I occasionally send a sim into the jungle of Selvadoria, TS2 is my gaming home away from home.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Probably never. We would have started hearing something by now, if nothing else gloating over some new supposedly ultra wonderful feature we don't have now. TS2 was still alive and well when hints of 3 started coming out, including the mini game on sims' computers. Four years in on the leaky canoe and not a peep. Although I occasionally send a sim into the jungle of Selvadoria, TS2 is my gaming home away from home.

The Sims 3 was starting to be hinted around the time of FreeTime and there was only one more EP after that. We just may not be at that time. They may have a few more years planned with Sims 4. If they announce Sims 5 is coming too early they risk people not buying Sims 4 as they would call it at the end of its life and wait for Sims 5.

And Sims 2 wasn't even hinted until the last EP of Sims 1 came out.

They could have just given Sims 4 a longer time for EP's and what not.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Seera1024 wrote: »

The Sims 3 was starting to be hinted around the time of FreeTime and there was only one more EP after that. We just may not be at that time. They may have a few more years planned with Sims 4. If they announce Sims 5 is coming too early they risk people not buying Sims 4 as they would call it at the end of its life and wait for Sims 5.

And Sims 2 wasn't even hinted until the last EP of Sims 1 came out.

They could have just given Sims 4 a longer time for EP's and what not.

EA officially announces the next series about 15 months before it comes out. We actually knew Sims 3 was being started when they were showing Open for Business during the E3 as Tim Letourneau let it slip during an interview that after the E3 and Gamescom that year he would no longer be heading Sims 2 and would be working on a new series. EA officially announced it though 15 months before it was due to come out. Sims 4 was officially announced after the 2013 E3 in late June - exactly 15 months before it came out; and then openly talked about it at Gamescom in 2013.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....