Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim won’t sleep

Every time I make my sim go to bed she will get in then back out again. Have tried a different bed and reset sim but no luck :(

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Go to manage world and back to your household.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • chansimon100chansimon100 Posts: 13 New Member
    Or restart the game. that worked for me
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I was having the same issue. just exit the game and get back.

-Yarden.
  • JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you I will try again this morning :) PS enjoying Get Famous
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Had this issue a few nights ago and now again today. I’m on a different brand new save, and everything seemed to be working fine until I had her drink a moodlet solver. Now she won’t sleep. Did your sim take a moodlet solver by chance? I think when this happened a few nights ago I might’ve had the sim drink one too but I can’t remember now.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    I've had that happen to a sim after I had moved him into a house in Del Sol Valley. I hope restarting the game will help.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    Somtimes pets can keep Sims awake. Try lecturing the pet to not keep Sims awake and see if that helps.
    Make sure that no tv or radio is still on.
    Try removing any wind chimes and see if that helps.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2018
    No tv, radio, pets or wind chimes were on and also no earbuds. Tonight I was playing with one sim living all alone. This is a very clean game (on a PC I don’t play this on often) and a brand new save. (It’s also happened on my other PC which has lots of households I play and stuff)

It happens out of nowhere, your sim will get in bed and pop right back out. If you save and exit it fixes itself but seems to eventually happen again. The only thing I noticed that I did every time this happened was have that sim drink a moodlet solver. I can test more tommorow. Off to bed for tonight.

Edit: definitely related to taking a moodlet solver. But it does fix itself easily enough by going to manage worlds and coming back. I’ll report it tomorrow in bugs and issues. Seems not to be a widespread issue so far though so I don’t know..
    Post edited by hmae123 on
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I saw this in a Let's Play after the Sim took one of the energizing Potions that were mailed to her. She's an actor, and I think they come from her Agency or something, or maybe a Perk? Same thing, it was fixed by restarting the game. I think you have to start a thread on EA Answers site, now, if there isn't one already.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm having this problem on and off as well. I just queue the sleep action twice in a row and when they get up they go right back to sleep. The 2nd one always sticks.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    This happened on my mod free GF test save, my sim couldn't sleep for more than a few minutes at a time, Venessa in the same bed was fine.
    I quit the game without saving, and it solved itself.
    I didn't do anything different in the two games, except build some houses beforehand. No potion of any kind.
  • FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    I play mod free and I’m having this problem intermittently with my sims no matter where they live. I think it’s a bug. For now, I’ve just built it into my story. I pretend they are struggling with anxiety and isolation as their fame increases. My sim is friends with Vlad who has super comfortable beds so I just go crash there. Once I come back, it seems to have reset the problem and her sleeping goes back to normal for awhile. Hoping this gets fixed with the next patch!
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • JazillaJazilla Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16841401"]Hello
    Somtimes pets can keep Sims awake. Try lecturing the pet to not keep Sims awake and see if that helps.
    Try removing any wind chimes and see if that helps.[/quote]

Thank you so much, I forgot I had my radio on 🤦
    Jazilla wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try removing any wind chimes and see if that helps.

Thank you so much, I forgot I had my radio on 🤦
    You’re welcome :)
  • gellerbinggellerbing Posts: 11 New Member
    I have a sim that never feels sleepy. It annoys me, but it's also useful when they have to do a task that is long and can only be done in one goal, such as songwriting.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Every time I make my sim go to bed she will get in then back out again. Have tried a different bed and reset sim but no luck :(

Same.
    edited January 2019
    hmae123 wrote: »
    No tv, radio, pets or wind chimes were on and also no earbuds. Tonight I was playing with one sim living all alone. This is a very clean game (on a PC I don’t play this on often) and a brand new save. (It’s also happened on my other PC which has lots of households I play and stuff)

It happens out of nowhere, your sim will get in bed and pop right back out. If you save and exit it fixes itself but seems to eventually happen again. The only thing I noticed that I did every time this happened was have that sim drink a moodlet solver. I can test more tommorow. Off to bed for tonight.

Edit: definitely related to taking a moodlet solver. But it does fix itself easily enough by going to manage worlds and coming back. I’ll report it tomorrow in bugs and issues. Seems not to be a widespread issue so far though so I don’t know..

Same with no moodlet solver and to add deleting the bed and placing a new one and resetting the bed doesn't fix the issue. It's also happening with the pod beds.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I got rid of the coffee and tea makers. My Sim kept going back for a refill every time they got sleepy. Maybe they were "allnighters"

Same.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/m-p/6422023#M51141
    rosemow wrote: »

Same.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/m-p/6422023#M51141

I just did thanks and I also clicked on Me Too. Currently 65 People are having this issue.
  • SunnieStormSunnieStorm Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing happened to me. One sim (out of a household of 5) suddenly wouldn't STAY alseep. He'd sleep for like 30 minutes and get back up again. It got so bad he passed out 30 minutes before he was scheduled to work! After he came home (because please he still gotta make money idc how tired he is lol)
    All I did was change my Sim's sleeping outfit in the main menu panel... And it worked like a charm. Sent him to bed in his new sleeping outfit and he stayed asleep until his energy meter was full! Also my game is on the Xbox one don't know if that helps...
  • SxyPeytonSxyPeyton Posts: 27 Member
    Changing the sleeping outfit from the dresser fixed it for me.. so odd... ty so much for the suggestion!!
    This issue is still happening. It happened to me in Sulani with the bed. Sims keep waking up even if their energy is in the red. In my case my sims were staying in a house I made generic.
  • valtallicavaltallica Posts: 2 New Member
    I was having this problem and I realized there was a speaker on in the room. Easy fix! Lol.
  • HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    Sorry to necro this thread but I will like to point out that this issue is still going on. My sim was autonomously spamming going to sleep and waking up over and over. Going to Manage Worlds fixed it.