Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change season cheat

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
What is the cheat to change the season? I want to change to winter, but want to be able to change it back to summer afterward. I made a 'Santa Christmas Shop' (Post revision... got it fixed and this is the listing now with snow on the ground. Thanks, all! 'Santa Christmas Shop' ) and want snow on the ground for the gallery pic. I used the weather machine, but as you can see in the screenshot it only makes snow fall, not accumulate on the ground. Had to settle for that for now. I tried the one on this page and it did not work. https://sims-online.com/sims-4-seasons-cheats-death-gardening/
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
Post edited by SheriGR on

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    @SheriGR, Did you enable testingcheats first? I imagine, like many other cheats, that has to be enabled before the change season one works. Not sure though, I have not used those cheats. MCCC has the change season option from the seasons-cheat menu when clicking the mailbox, so that's what I've done when I wanted to change a season.

If that doesn't work, a lot of cheats were disabled after the Seasons patch, still others were changed, so maybe this one is in one of those categories? Quick google search didn't turn up any other info though.

If all else fails, you could cheat to give your Sim enough handiness to upgrade the weather machine. One of the upgrades lets you change to a specific season of your choice. Err...or are skill cheats in the list of cheats that don't work anymore either?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hmmm... Thank you, @Stormkeep . I have moved Clement Frost (Santa) into the household who bought and tested the build/retail store. I actually have an apartment in the basement of the store where he is living. His handiness is 10, and he can use the weather changing station to make it snow (I used this during testing and the screenshot I mentioned). That works fine and is fun since the customers show up in winter clothes to shop even in summer, etc., but the snow only falls and does not accumulate on the ground. It apparently only changes weather, not the season. Even if I have him make a blizzard it does not accumulate on the ground. I didn't have him upgrade the machine yet, but I just had a look at the upgrades and none of them is apparently for changing the season or anything similar.

I did have testing cheats enabled when I tried the season changing cheat.

Unfortunately I don't use any mods or CC. Worried about the occasional 'gumming things up', and since I build and upload to the gallery I don't want to mess up things for others who download my builds. If that wasn't the case I would consider a mod...
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    @SheriGR, you mention he has handiness 10, what you didn't say is if you actually had him upgrade the weather machine. It can't change seasons just because of high handiness, you have to perform the upgrade first. I have a super handy sim that has instant upgrades, I'll put one in my game right now and test to see if it is even working right now.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hi. I used this cheat multiple times to take photos of my builds (especially to get a sunny Summer). It's working fine, even after the patch. I have a different save only for building so that I'm not going to mess up with my current played household. Have you tried to repair the game, just in case?

SET SEASON
    seasons.set_season X
    Change X to 0 for summer, 1 for fall, 2 for winter, or 3 for spring.

ADVANCE SEASON
    seasons.advance_season
    Changes summer to fall, fall to winter, winter to spring, or spring to summer.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    That did it, @xamira99 ! The post I referred to used the same cheat but put beaks around the number (ie... <2> rather than just 2), and it didn't work that way. Thank you so much!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Glad that it works! :D

You're welcome! Happy Simming! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4