Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
if3OdNt.png

Raise Farm Animals
you can raise, breed and care for various types of livestock. Buy a barn or coop in buy mode and purchase livestock.
These farm animals create produce (like milk) that can be stored in your inventory and used in food or simply sold.
  • Chickens (Produce eggs)
  • Cows (milk)
  • Sheep (wool)
  • Horses? (You can ride on them)

Nectar Making
puHcOZM.png Use the fruits you've grown at your farm to produce various types of nectar that can make your Sim flirty (or uncomfortable if the nectar quality is bad and dazed if you drank too much nectar)
Nectar includes the Nectar Making skill and is produced by the Nectar Maker. Nectar bottles age over time and become more valuable!
magik_3_0003.jpg?w=495

Butter Churn
Use milk that's produced by cows can be used at the butter churn to produce homemade butter (& maybe cheese)!
latest?cb=20120723005012M28wDER.png

New Harvestables
mHRs53Q.png Sims 4: Off The Land introduces new harvestables to grow on your farm that haven't been in the game. These include...
  • Oranges (seriously, why are there no oranges?), peaches, plums (fruits)
  • Eggplant, lettuce, cucumber, turnips, parsnip, cauliflower (veggies)
  • Corn stalk, wheat

Canning Station
hY7mK25.png A new counter-top Electric Canning Pot to can your food and harvestables so that you have something to eat in winter!
Turn vegetables into pickles and fruits into jam/jelly. (There's a pickled or jam/jelly version of every harvestable in the game) Canning might also work at a regular stove.

Sewing machine & Sewing skill
The wool produced by sheep can be used to sew your own clothes with the sewing machine!
Use a spinning wheel to turn wool into yarn. This yarn can be used to sew clothes.

Off The Grid Lot trait
k9NKxKc.png
-Generator to produce Electricity. Can be broken and there will be no electricity on lot until you repair it.

Homeschooling
giC2Nh7.png Kids & teens can be homeschooled by their parents to have more time to help on the farm. The next school might be miles away.

New World: Redwood Reservoir
LaundryDay-230x300.png (Made by HazzaPlumbob)
A quaint country town with a big dam in the distance. The town is out of sight of the main highway running over the dam, concealed by a dense coverage of towering redwood trees.
3-4 Neighborhoods:
  • A rustic farm neighborhood with wide fields and family farms (Sunny Acres)
  • High-tech, modern, solar-powered farm neighborhood with eco-conscious farmers (High-tech Farms)
  • Off the Grid community with dirt roads and self-sufficient households right at the foot of the dam. Most people here have the Eco-friendly trait.
  • Quaint town center where farmers sell their produce (Farmer's market)

Farmer's Market
There is a weekly farmer's market in the world once every wednesday where you can buy fresh produce such as eggs, milk, wool, canned food, nectar bottles, special fertilizer etc. or sell your own products.
You can also participate in the farm animal contest and earn badges based on health and egg or milk quality! Show off your riding skill at the mechanical bull rodeo to win a price!
n196Por.jpg
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I would really like canning to be coded into the already existing stoves so we don't need a bunch new cooking stoves
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    This is well thought-out and looks really great. :) I agree about canning not requiring another machine, though. IRL, we'd put those in cupboards, but as it is in the sims, the accumulation of appliances becomes overwhelming.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I miss the canning station from Sims 1 and Sims Online. That was one of my favorite things in those games.
  • whateverman16whateverman16 Posts: 3 New Member
    I vote this! I love this! You sold me at sewing machine because I literally came to the forums to discuss crafting features in Sims 4
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’ve seen a lot of requests for a farming pack. Can’t say it’s my top priority, but I think it might be fun. What happens when the sheep/chickens/cows die though? I can’t imagine them letting our sims eat them/sell them for meat. But, at the same time, if they don’t then it wouldn’t seem like a real farm.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    If a farming pack came with all of this I would die happy.
    This is exactly what I want with a farming pack, more hobbies and living off the grid/land gameplay!
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Good concepts, but surely it should be Sims 4: Get Off My Land!
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I am not a fan of the homeschooling (as that is not off the grid to me) but I LOVE the rest of it! Take my money!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I want homeschooling so bad ( but without any kind of forced curriculum). I don't like playing families BECAUSE of school!
  • emeraldirish88emeraldirish88 Posts: 29 Member
    I think a farming pack is an excellent idea please! Please! Please make it happen!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Horses? (You can ride on them)
    they produce poop, which is fantastic for growing roses.

Cheese Making
    Use milk that's produced by cows can be used at the butter churn to produce homemade cheese & butter!
    Who uses a butter churn to make cheese?
    Cheese making is more about stirring, straining and moulding
    Online-Cheese-making-Courses-Australia-Online-Courses-1.jpg?fit=1200%2C900&ssl=1

Sewing machine & Sewing skill
    From the whool of the sheep you can sew your own clothes with the sewing machine.
    You'd have to card, spin and weave the wool before you could sew it.
    Perhaps spinning and knitting would be a better option for wool.
    But sewing can be done with feed-bags and flour bags.

7b121494316caa99f3bdaf8ad8e7cf5a--chicken-feed-chicken-chick.jpg
    1c030d3f5bce01e191bc632682ee2106--grooming-dogs-chicken-crafts.jpg

In the 1930's they made pretty flourbags.
    sack-cloth-bags.jpg

dress-bags-chicken.png

Generator to produce Electricity.
    That's a terribly wasteful idea. Why not have solar panels and wind turbines instead?

Homeschooling
    giC2Nh7.png Kids & teens can be homeschooled by their parents to have more time to help on the farm. The next school might be miles away.
    Parents aren't quilified to teach, so why not send your sprogs to school of the air?
    r887259_8864653.jpg
    school-of-the-air-australia-B1K62A.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2018
    nice ideas B) but off the land :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2018
    I’ve seen a lot of requests for a farming pack. Can’t say it’s my top priority, but I think it might be fun. What happens when the sheep/chickens/cows die though? I can’t imagine them letting our sims eat them/sell them for meat. But, at the same time, if they don’t then it wouldn’t seem like a real farm.

Maybe they would die eventually so that you would have to raise new livestock? Maybe the Grim Reaper comes, but there will be no gravestone

BTW even Sims FreePlay now has a chicken coop! Maybe we'll also get one soon?
    img_8489.jpg?w=768&h=553
    a256aFi.gif
  • LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    It would nice to manage a farm maybe live off the grid.
    1. growing crops
    2. Herding cattle
    3. Designing a scarecrow to protect your crops
    4. Upgrading your farm to make it bigger and better.
    5. Farm clothing
    6. Farm accents
    7. Buying tractors or using more oldschool equipment
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I would be ecstatic over a pack like this! If anyone has ever played Farm Together I can see Sims 4 implementing tractors the same way they do! They could include a plethora of old school technology along with the butter churners and so forth. I can see the off the grid capabilities mixing with a ton of older technology as a perfect pack for those who love playing in Medieval times or pretending their sims lived long ago! This pack has so many possibilities and capable of being one of my favorite packs ever!!! PLEASE GIVE US A FARMING PACK EA! I'D LOVE YOU FOREVER!
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸, you had me fooled this was a REAL pack that was just confirmed at first glance! Your ideas are solid, hope they are inspired by this!
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    if we are going to have wool, then we need a spinning wheel. raw wool needs to be spun. plus give me knitting and a loom. a harvest festival would be nice, where I can sell my goods. I would also like two types of harvest boxes. the fist everything you pick goes in there ( face it, personal inventory is a mess where you can't find anything) from that box you can move it to your inventory, fridge, or the portable harvest box. the portable harvest box is where you put your harvested items that you want to sell. then you can choose to send them off to the market, take them to the farmers market and sell them yourself, last you can donate it to the local food bank. the first harvest box would give you the option of how many you want to send to each place. so that if you only want to move half you don't have to move one at a time.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant , Great ideas! I would like to see all those suggestions implemented too :D For me, live stock farming is a must!

The Sims Game
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd love this! I also really miss the horses from Sims 4. I think there should be a way to either have your horses on the lot and be able to ride along trails that sims/pets already can, but only jump and such at an equestrian arena, or we board the horse in that specific world/neighborhood and do things there. I'd prefer the first option, honestly.

Overall though, I enjoyed the cows and such from Sims 3 a great deal!

@SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruKate Hopefully the gurus have seen this thread!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    edited January 2019
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I would really like canning to be coded into the already existing stoves so we don't need a bunch new cooking stoves

That's really great as well. We already have many kitchen appliances, so Canning could work like brewing herbal remedies on a stove or grill in Outdoor Retreat!
    a256aFi.gif
  • this-is-normthis-is-norm Posts: 41 Member
    I love this idea!! I think instead of specifically a butter churner maybe a large appliance (like the size of the cupcake maker) that makes multiple dairy products would be cool. Like a machine that makes butter, cheese, yogurt, and things of the like. And you could add produce to make variations (e.g. fruit yogurts and flavored butters).
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    I loved all those ideas!

I am very anxious to ride on horses, but it would be very tedious just use it in the backyard of the field. I wish you had the option to travel with them. It could just be from one farm (in the same town) or from another town. An option to ride a horse or use it on a wagon.

Eventually, (depending on the traits of the sim) could gain a negative moodlet by being intimidated by technology in a new city, or feeling embarrassed at being called "hick" by another Sim.

It would be very interesting to show this relationship between other cultures and lifestyles. In a friendly way and also of disagreements.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
    edited January 2019
    Tahabata wrote: »
    Eventually, (depending on the traits of the sim) could gain a negative moodlet by being intimidated by technology in a new city, or feeling embarrassed at being called "hick" by another Sim.

They could bring back the "Technophobe" trait from Sims 3, what makes Sims despise all kinds of technology. Would fit perfectly with "Off The Grid"!
    Maybe these Technophobes could sometimes get an uncomfortable buff in San Myshuno. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • oklahoma05oklahoma05 Posts: 25 Member
    I’d love an Expanison pack like this. Especially if it brings horses back. There is a lot that I would like to see added into Sims 4 that we had in the other versions. I’d love to see more mythical beings.
  • ladyankh40ladyankh40 Posts: 27 Member
    Would be a nice pac to have, enjoy games where I have to gather components to create items to use or sale.