Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Royal Kingdom Challenge by EnblithTheFair (TS2 to TS4)

2...Next

Comments

• GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2016
    @GymeaLillie love your storyline! :)

Do you have your lots and families in your library? I would love to see them, sounds like a huge kingdom already! :)

Thanks @IslingrShurtugal !

All of my lots are in my library (you can also find them by searching hashtag #RKC ). I have filled up every lot in Newcrest.

My families are not there because there are too many and I am really more of a lot builder than a Sim creator. However I did make some households that are loosely based on my families, just to show how I dress them without custom content. I thought it might inspire people to try the challenge. These are also under #RKC .

It is a reasonably big kingdom, but I have been working on it for a few years! I just recreated everything in TS4 (although I often think that TS2 was better and maybe I shouldn't have). It is done now so at least it is getting me to play TS4 more.

As I said in the other post, let me know if you have any more questions. Happy Simming! :smile:
  • IslingrShurtugalIslingrShurtugal Posts: 3 New Member
    @GymeaLillie Thanks for your response! Ok, I was thinking the marriage rules apply to all of them.
    And yes I found your lots and I recognize some of the lots from TS2 :D I have to say my favorite Sims is TS4 atm, but before that TS2.
    And I agree that for this challenge TS2 is an better option simply because there is more space in the neighborhoods and you continuously add new places/neighborhoods in one city. Or TS3 Medieval - if there was something like a "Free Playmode".

I actually played something like this before, it wasn't a challenge but I created a couple which then had 7 children and for each child I made up "rules" about marriage, lifestyle etc. And I played until the 12th generation and all of them had a lot of children so you can imagine how long I played haha

One of them even started the Game of Thrones lineage.

Too bad my old Computer broke down, but as a Simmer I saved all of the files on an external drive. Once I get to install it on my Laptop and play again I would gladly take some screenshots and share my story here.

Have a great start into the new week! :)
    Does anyone else think that "Try For Baby" results in a pregnancy 99.9% of the time? It certainly feels like it is a lot less random than in TS2. I think that, if the player chooses, you may flip a coin or roll dice when a couple has relations. Heads or evens = Try for Baby; tails or odds = Woohoo. No second flip or roll if you don't like the result (if you choose this method of conception). I think this will make things a bit more realistic. I will add this as an option. I will be happy to discuss this.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I completely agree. It does seem to result in a pregnancy at least 8 times out of 10, if not 9 of 10.

I like the coin toss/dice roll idea.

What's the closest relation a Sim is allowed to marry? Second cousins?
    What's the closest relation a Sim is allowed to marry? Second cousins?
    @SimQueenie9 Yes, the game allows romance/marriage to second cousins and beyond. :smile:
    So that's how you make this challenge work with only 2-3 families per class...You get all the fourth generation people to marry their second cousins. XD
  • Blackwood1313Blackwood1313 Posts: 11 New Member
    I know that this thread is fairly old, but I was wondering something. With the addition of butlers in the soon to be released Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack, I was wanting to know which classes are allowed to have butlers? Are royals the only ones allowed to have butlers? Or are nobles allowed them as well? If they can afford it, are merchants allowed to have one as well?
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @Blackwood1313 - I would say so! Definitely for Royals and Nobelmen - and as too merchants - the wealthy ones definitely! It was quite common in the Medieval era to have servants to help around the house if they had the money to afford the help.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Blackwood1313Blackwood1313 Posts: 11 New Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    @Blackwood1313 - I would say so! Definitely for Royals and Nobelmen - and as too merchants - the wealthy ones definitely! It was quite common in the Medieval era to have servants to help around the house if they had the money to afford the help.

Thanks!
  • TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    I don't know if it is of any help, but I did a version of RKC for sims 3, you could maybe find some inspiration in some of the solutions/rules used there:
    https://ofkingsandcastles.wordpress.com/
    Of Kings and Castles
  • LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    This looks cool! I think I'll give it a go!
  • ecembershadow33ecembershadow33 Posts: 1 New Member
    does anybody know of any good clothing/hair cc for this challenge? the fashion of that era was really pretty but I can't seem to find any cc of it for ts4
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    edited November 2018
    Am I cool to play this as a matriarchy? I just like playing female sims more, they're more fun to dress up :p Not really going for historical realism so much as a fantasy universe (similar, perhaps, to the Wheel of Time series where many of the kingdoms [queendoms?] are matriarchal.)

Edit: Nevermind! Just saw in the rules that I can in fact do this :)
    Sapphisims wrote: »
    Am I cool to play this as a matriarchy? I just like playing female sims more, they're more fun to dress up :p Not really going for historical realism so much as a fantasy universe (similar, perhaps, to the Wheel of Time series where many of the kingdoms [queendoms?] are matriarchal.)

Edit: Nevermind! Just saw in the rules that I can in fact do this :)

Sorry for the late reply. Of course, sounds great. :-)

• telexscopetelexscope Posts: 17 Member
    This challenge seems so fun!!! I'm playing with just one extra rule: a female noble can move in and be a lady-in-waiting for a queen or princess. Thanks for rewriting it for TS4 :smile:
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    If anyone is posting their story please post a link. I love reading these!!
    MINEZ wrote: »

Same.

I'm going to think about trying a modern version again (seeing as I don't have the CC to do a medieval one). It's just more difficult in TS4 because all the families around the one you're playing are aging.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

Same.

I'm going to think about trying a modern version again (seeing as I don't have the CC to do a medieval one). It's just more difficult in TS4 because all the families around the one you're playing are aging.

@SimQueenie9 you do realize that the options menu allows you to decide who gets to age or not
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

Same.

@SimQueenie9 you do realize that the options menu allows you to decide who gets to age or not

O-O ....Excellent.
  • MiisagamerMiisagamer Posts: 1 New Member
    So I started this challenge a few days ago and I found this career mod for TS4 that you can work for royal palace and eventually be a king or king so do I kinda break the rule that Royal class women cant work but if they are on the challenge a queen and they work as a queen?

Here is also a link for the career mod if you want to install it :D https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/post/172906550227/monarchy-career-this-has-been-requested-a-few
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    This mod adds new gameplay https://llazyneiph.tumblr.com/royalty-mod