Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Science Career is all messed up - thanks a lot Get Famous.

Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
My outright fav career in this game has always been the Science career - and now it is a disaster - as anything to do with plants and tasks with other employees is messed up. On top of it when I sent my sims in a brand new game to work there - there were no other employees - none - not a one. I had to go into manage world and find sims to quit their jobs and go work at the science center. I don't know what you guys did in programming GF - but now my favorite career rots. Thanks a lot. Can't clone a plant. Can't make the plants produce any produce or flower. Try clicking on the task to transform grass - and no grass anywhere at the science center even queues up. Never mind having to populate the business myself - there are no aliens there. It tell me in a task to freeze a tourist - but the tourist (aliens) neever appear there at all. There is so much wrong with the science jobs I cannot even list everything - never mind put it on HQ.

Brand new game factory reset - brand new sims. I run an 8 core superfast gaming desktop - no mods, no CC , and never even use cheats - and I have all the packs but Get famous.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Sorry to hear about the problems with the science career. Have you put in a help ticket with AHQ? I did a search there and couldn't find anything recent on the science career.
    Just temporarily put my sim in the science career and sent her to work. There were three employees already there when she arrived.

WjMyL39.png

Not sure how long it will take to test those other issues you're having.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    They can see my game anytime they want as I am always connected to Origin and allow Origin to monitor my game play. No as i said in my post there are too many things wrong to even make a ticket. I just know of the tasks the game gives you that used to be working and obtainable easily - many are not working - at all. No alien visitors have appeared at all - yet my sims keep getting tasks to do with the Alien tourists and thigs to do with the plants that won't work. Like I had clone a plant - it cloned the plant eventually but did not acknowledge the plant was cloned as the task does not go away. You get a task to transform grass - used to be you clicked on the shaggy grass (OUTSIDE the science center) under transform and the task completed. Now you click on the shaggy grass and nothing. It acts as if the grass is not even there.

I get tasks like talk with a co-worker about work- but you can click over and over and that queue (as well as many others to do with co-workers never comes up when the task is listed. You can't do anything if you have 3 tasks that won't come up. It was never like this before - it is my most played career since GTW came out and I have never had issues with this career like this is the point. In past save I have over 30 sims who have been in this career.

By the way in my old save (before GF patches etc) there were employees there too - this is in the brand new uninstalled/reinstalled factory reset game. I made my sim and immediately gave her the career/job at the science center. The Sims that have always been at the Science Center since the game began were not there this time in a brand new game is my point. The pre-assigned sims are no longer pre-assigned.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Mine is also brand new. I uninstalled and started from scratch after experiencing some darkness in Del Sol Valley. I'm playing with the same sim as I'd saved her to the Gallery a while back and I was missing her. :) I'm currently reading Carl's Guide because I like to know beforehand what is expected in a new career. Never played with Aliens or visited Sixam so looking forward to that.
    Hopefully you see some appearing then - so far not seen a one - which usually I get to seeing them after making the dish thingy where you contact the aliens. The only thing that happens after my sim contacts the aliens is when she gets home she get abducted. Of course the scientist seem to like it happening - but in past game after getting abducted they start visiting the lab as tourist. I get the tasks to try things on the tourists (aliens) but none are showing at the lab at all.

I am going to try another save with yet another new sim and see what happens - I guess.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    There is already a long thread about the missing co-workers at the EA help forum. This may be caused by playing without GF.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    edited November 2018
    have you tried doing the general troubleshooting tips?

- deleting cache
    - moving the sims folder out of my docs and running the game to generate a new one
    - repairing the game

Sometimes they resolve things that go wrong with the code over time or the patch could have installed wrong... it's worth a try. If you have multiple bugs you can also make multiple glitches... at least for the most glaring ones.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    There is already a long thread about the missing co-workers at the EA help forum. This may be caused by playing without GF.

Whoa. :/
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited November 2018
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    have you tried doing the general troubleshooting tips?

- deleting cache
    - moving the sims folder out of my docs and running the game to generate a new one
    - repairing the game

Sometimes they resolve things that go wrong with the code over time or the patch could have installed wrong... it's worth a try. If you have multiple bugs you can also make multiple glitches... at least for the most glaring ones.

I totally uninstalled - reinstalled and set the game back to factory settings - added nothing to it - nothing at all - no mods, no CC, used no cheat. Made brand new sims - there is no caches in a reset game - it is like it is when you first buy it. As naked as it can come. I did not even add any of my old sims or houses. Nothing at all.

And no I do not have GF. It is the only pack I do not have.

Half the tasks they ask you to do no longer work either and the other half can't be done with no co-workers. The plants are still totally messed up to. They flowered once and then they offer nothing but cuttings or samples. No more produce. Eventually they start getting stinky smoke and they tell me to trash the dead plant.

When I went back in to night on yet another new save with another freshly made sim and started over - I made sure I ran myt game through game repair and this time removed all the caches - again no co-workers - and nothing working right. I have made my poor sim work for 10 days all by herself there just to see if eventually the game sent employees and it has not.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Is there anything consistent about the particular sim you're using (traits, clothing) or is it all random?

Also, does the workday event otherwise function as expected (objectives to complete, workday ends at a particular time, etc.)? Or is it all broken?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    edited November 2018
    Triplis wrote: »
    Is there anything consistent about the particular sim you're using (traits, clothing) or is it all random?

Also, does the workday event otherwise function as expected (objectives to complete, workday ends at a particular time, etc.)? Or is it all broken?

I tried 2 different sims - brand new - the only traits they have in common is genius and knowledge.

No many of the work day tasks cannot be completed - as they either can't be done seeing they require co-workers or visiting aliens or to do with plants that after the first production seems not to produce more plants. Like one task is to water them - but they never need water after the first time. Another task that fails is cloning the plant and even though the machine does clone the plant the task does not get accepted as being done. There is a task to change the grass and when you click on the grass as you would do before this problem the game no longer sees it as grass and won't click it. There are tons of tasks that cannot or will not fullfill.

Oddly people who bought GF - even if they uninstall it to test their game - does not encounter this issue from what I am seeing.

Also I do not use mods, CC, or even game cheats in my game and I run a high end gaming desktop (8 core, 16 gigs gaming ram - 2 years old and built for me).

This is my favorite career - I play it a lot and it has worked fine for almost 4 years - suddenly it no longer works after GF.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited November 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »

I tried 2 different sims - brand new - the only traits they have in common is genius and knowledge.

No many of the work day tasks cannot be completed - as they either can't be done seeing they require co-workers or visiting aliens or to do with plants that after the first production seems not to produce more plants. Like one task is to water them - but they never need water after the first time. Another task that fails is cloning the plant and even though the machine does clone the plant the task does not get accepted as being done. There is a task to change the grass and when you click on the grass as you would do before this problem the game no longer sees it as grass and won't click it. There are tons of tasks that cannot or will not fullfill.

Oddly people who bought GF - even if they uninstall it to test their game - does not encounter this issue from what I am seeing.

Also I do not use mods, CC, or even game cheats in my game and I run a high end gaming desktop (8 core, 16 gigs gaming ram - 2 years old and built for me).

This is my favorite career - I play it a lot and it has worked fine for almost 4 years - suddenly it no longer works after GF.

That sucks. :(

Any chance you're getting a lastexception error showing up in your sims 4 folder? (I think it'd typically be documents > electronic arts > the sims 4

You could also try dropping the sims log enabler tool in your mods folder and then try another workday with the no-show coworkers (making sure to start before work, so that the logs catch the part where you go to work and the workers are supposed to be generated). Then minimize the game, zip up the folder with the logs, and share it. I can maybe take a look and see if there's anything noteworthy showing up in the logs that could provide insight as to what's broken. My thought would be that maybe something amiss will show up in the zone or situation logs.

That's all I can think of atm. That and just looking at the specifics as much as possible for process of elimination and seeing if there's a specific way to repeat the bug.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    As I think a few simmers have now noted, it sounds like this is an issue that's best reported to Answers HQ (and also maybe also being talked about already over there!). Considering this, I am locking the thread and advise bringing the issue up there as AHQ is better suited for this kind of conversation. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top