Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches or Mermaids?

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Witches for sure. Mermaids were my least favorite supernatural in ts3.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I would prefer mermaids, but a lot of people really want witches, so it would probably be better for them to come first. I just don't care for the more 'creepy' themed packs or life states. Not my style.
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Perhaps all who want a gameplay pack for sims 4 with witches should write an email to EA. Because i never noticed that they followed what people wish in this forum. I think they just ignore it :):s
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    Perhaps all who want a gameplay pack for sims 4 with witches should write an email to EA. Because i never noticed that they followed what people wish in this forum. I think they just ignore it :):s

Oh, they know they are the most wanted Occult state. Grant did a Twitter poll. Witches definitely won.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited November 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Mirlo12 wrote: »

Oh, they know they are the most wanted Occult state. Grant did a Twitter poll. Witches definitely won.

No wonder that they won. They have much content potential only problem is that EA puts lesser content in each new pack they release. And the werewolves in Sims 3 were so ugly and not dangerous i don´t want to see them comming back. lol
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Vampires had more content than any past pack and it was just a GP. Plus, they gave us the ability to create just about any style vampire we want. If all occults are done in a similar, I don't mind waiting for them.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I've got itches in my britches for witches...
    Wait...
    No, sorry, it's fleas. I've got fleas... Werewolves?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2018
    I want witches first and then Fairy’s. I would like to to see good or evil witches or Fairy’s, and if they bring out mermaids they should be able to be good or evil too. I really want swimmable oceans, and a nice letsure vacation pack. I personally don’t really care about mermaids, ( I would rather see medieval things with pirates, dragons, peasants and royalty, and such) but for those who want them, I hope you get them. Oh and I want human type robots.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I've got itches in my britches for witches...
    Wait...
    No, sorry, it's fleas. I've got fleas... Werewolves?

Fleas in your Bvds for the Big Baddies?
    #Team Occult
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I want both so bad:))
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Give me witches first, then werewolves, and then--and only then--can we start talking merfolk. Though if they do merfolk, they should have a Creature from the Black Lagoon type "fish person" form as an unlockable on their skill tree. I love Ariel as much as anyone who was a little girl between 1985 and 2000, but I'd also like to have a dab of edge mixed into this game's version of merfolk...Just saying.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Give me witches first, then werewolves, and then--and only then--can we start talking merfolk. Though if they do merfolk, they should have a Creature from the Black Lagoon type "fish person" form as an unlockable on their skill tree. I love Ariel as much as anyone who was a little girl between 1985 and 2000, but I'd also like to have a dab of edge mixed into this game's version of merfolk...Just saying.

There is a Creature From The Black Lagoon costume that came with GF. If/when mermaids are done, I will put one in a Black Lagoon costume 24/7 to wear all the time and be a creature with a creepy walk who lives in a murky pond.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Both.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I doubt mermaids will ever be a thing. We as of yet have no swimable water except pools, we can't even fish unless there is a sign to click on. It would be a major thing. I always liked witches in Sims3. Setting fires and watching a dozen sims panic until that one smart sim ran up and put the fire out. There's some much that could be done and would give a lot of interesting gameplay.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I doubt mermaids will ever be a thing. We as of yet have no swimable water except pools, we can't even fish unless there is a sign to click on. It would be a major thing. I always liked witches in Sims3. Setting fires and watching a dozen sims panic until that one smart sim ran up and put the fire out. There's some much that could be done and would give a lot of interesting gameplay.

Mermaids came in second place in the poll, so they're very likely to happen eventually.
    IceyJ wrote: »

Mermaids came in second place in the poll, so they're very likely to happen eventually.

The thing that bugs me about the way that poll was done, was that it pitted specific Occult groups against each other instead of having a full, single poll of a complete list of creatures.

Also, I saw so many people say they voted for Mermaids because they wanted swimmable oceans, not because they actually wanted Mermaids. So a good chunk of the Mermaid vote was for swimmable oceans and the result is very misleading. That would be like voting for Witches because you want more halloween costumes, or if I joined a poll for world themes and voted for mountains over tropical islands because I thought it might have Werewolves in it. It's for completely unrelated reasons, not for any love for that particular poll subject. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting those who actually want Mermaids, I'd like to see a more accurate poll of that percentage. But I am a little ticked that Werewolves got completely bumped off despite how much I see them requested over here, and I'm still trying to get my mind around the Imaginary Friends result, which confounds me.

I just think that it would have come out very differently if people had voted honestly to their preference and not used the poll to vote for something that could be unrelated.
    #Team Occult
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    That's the limitation of Twitter polls -- you can only have four choices at a time so if you get two of your preferences against each other (say witches and robots) then you're pretty much stuck.

I'd like to see both eventually, plus other life states (I'd love to have robots back, and maybe since the wings were problematical in Sims 3 they could replace fairies with elves -- same abilities just no plum wings). But for an indepth focus pack witches lend themselves to that sort of focus more than mermaids, though the latter could work as a side feature in a tropical vacation pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited November 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

The thing that bugs me about the way that poll was done, was that it pitted specific Occult groups against each other instead of having a full, single poll of a complete list of creatures.

Also, I saw so many people say they voted for Mermaids because they wanted swimmable oceans, not because they actually wanted Mermaids. So a good chunk of the Mermaid vote was for swimmable oceans and the result is very misleading. That would be like voting for Witches because you want more halloween costumes, or if I joined a poll for world themes and voted for mountains over tropical islands because I thought it might have Werewolves in it. It's for completely unrelated reasons, not for any love for that particular poll subject. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting those who actually want Mermaids, I'd like to see a more accurate poll of that percentage. But I am a little ticked that Werewolves got completely bumped off despite how much I see them requested over here, and I'm still trying to get my mind around the Imaginary Friends result, which confounds me.

I just think that it would have come out very differently if people had voted honestly to their preference and not used the poll to vote for something that could be unrelated.

Unfortunately on Twitter, you can only poll 4 options at a time. That's why he had to split it up like that.

The issue I have is how some interpret the polls. You can only choose one option at a time. Many people want more than one, but are forced to choose which one do I want the most right now. It's not accurate to say another option did so poorly because they are pitted against an option that was clearly wanted the most.
    This is why Werewolves should not just be tossed aside. The majority of the comments I've read that wanted Witches also wanted Werewolves. Some also wanted Faeries and Mermaids. A very few others wanted Robots and Imaginary Friends.
    Werewolves might be the next most wanted. Mermaids might be the next most wanted. It's hard to tell unless you take the obvious winner out of the equation and keep doing so each time. I don't think we will have the opportunity to see many be eliminated though because at this rate, if it takes 2 yrs to get an Occult state, we will only get maybe 2 more.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    @stilljustme2 @Anmirla You both make some very good points. And the problem with an almost exclusive use of Twitter is right there. They want to poll the community but the polling feature is limited so they have to make accommodations when that in itself can skew the results. At the very least, they could poll from an external site and link it to the Twitter feed. I would love to see it redone and then eliminate the top result and do it again, just to see how the results shift around. Because there are many of us who want more than one very badly and it's true...making us choose only our top wish is unfair. I want both Witches and Werewolves very badly, but you know what else I really want? Elves. I want more Mythology in the game. And honestly, if Mermaids were done with the options I like, and we could have them be creepy as well as beautiful with siren songs and such...I would love those too.

It's not right that they kind of have the Occult lovers pitting against each other for their prefered Life State. In the end, I want all of them in my game. As much as they can stuff into it. And I want Superheroes on top of that, and cool new Robots and Androids on top of that. I want to fully support my fellow Myth and Magic and Horror lovers, not elbow them aside so I can shout out my personal preference. I already feel bad for the PlantSim lovers who got totally gimped on their preference, even though I don't really use them myself.

Development seems to take way longer with Sims 4 than it did in the past, and I'm sure that's part of the reason we're all stuck begging for the things we want next, and it's even more complicated when you add in the realistic players who still don't have any kind of University or School system, and then the ones who want swimming and beaches and more activities and farming. I mean, yeah, I want those things too, and most are pretty much a given in a Sims game, but it's going to take up yet more development resources. Plus, they're trying to put in disabilities for the future? How many packs do we feasibly have left in Sims 4's life span? If we start getting two EPs a year now instead of Stuff and Game Packs, maybe we could have all of those things. They seem to have the team united now, or at least they did for Get Famous because both Ninja and Graham were on that project and they are the lead producers for those packs. I personally think it's a good thing and I hope they continue this way because Get Famous, even though it wasn't at all on my wish list, has a lot to it like an EP should, but it also has that special focused feel of Game Packs as well as the fun of Stuff Packs.

A few months ago, Grant said we were getting "All the Things". I really hope that's true.
    #Team Occult
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Probably witches. Easier to implement. Not much going on with rivers and oceans. But I'd like something new. Monsters?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Witches for sure. Even though I'd rather have zombies or werewolves first. But against mermaids? Witches 10/10 of the time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited November 2018
    For me, it would depend on the features that came with both packs. If mermaids came with a patch that allowed ocean swimming, I'd rather have mermaids. I'm not really sure what feature might go with a witch pack, although out of all occult sims I like witches best.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I want both, but I'd prefer mermaids to come with a tropical vacation GP.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Witches. I hope both witches and werewolves will be added since that'll complete the trifecta of werewolves, vampires and witches.
    edited November 2018
    Breazona wrote: »
    For me, it would depend on the features that came with both packs. If mermaids came with a patch that allowed ocean swimming, I'd rather have mermaids. I'm not really sure what feature might go with a witch pack, although out of all occult sims I like witches best.

Alchemy feature. Flying feature