Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• well actually my tool would be an external tool that would work in tangent with Neia's career maker. There is no way to apply this code into HTML to work the way I would want it to work, so it would be a separate download kind of like S4PE, but this would be like a TS4Script maker.
  • MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    Coucou et merci Bananas_45 pour ta réponse :)
    Coucou et merci XGymnasticsGoddess pour ta réponse :)
    Cela voudrait il dire que nous ne passerions plus par l'outil de Neia pour "construire" la carrière ou c'est "simplement" pour l'export de la carrière et la transformation en fichier pyo et ts4script ?
    Merci d'avance :)
  • basically it would be like following her steps that are under the help tab already. It actually will not make the pyo and instead make a pyc (as that is the version Sims 4 and now heading towards) and the takes that PYC and PY to create the TS4Script just like how you would do it in the past only you no longer have to do the steps manually. You will still download the career as you would normally and still have to use S4PE to create the package file. This program would be like the S4PE but instead for creating the ts4script. I am also going to plan out getting functionality for creating a zip of all the files needed so that it would all be ready to be uploaded to mod the sims or any other place you'd want it uploaded to. You just load in the .py file into my program and it will compile the rest.
    Hello and thank you for your answer :) . Does this mean that we always build a career with the Neia tool or not?
    Thank you in advance and thank you for the work done (sorry I used google translation to write in English).
  • Yes, you will always use Neia's tool for creating careers. I do not understand the location of the career files nor do I have the time to located and create it when there is already a perfectly good tool for it now.

what I have noticed is that sometimes people miss a step when creating the ts4script or they are having a hard time learning command prompt commands for opening up and making the cpython-33 and than renaming that to .pyo (pyo is no longer used now as the sims 4 team has finally updated to python 3.7, the latest python engine. .pyc is the new way of doing the pyo, which my program will do for you.)

I will be uploading my application to mod the sims, as I noticed most careers go there and most dms I get asking for help on the steps are there. I will write up steps on that site too, but literally all you are going to do is open up the folder you are working with and upload the.py and it will compile for you and tell you when it is done and will direct you to the folder where the final product is. (The final product will always be in the folder where the py file was stored making it easier to locate and eliminating the whole copy pasting the py to python install directory. Yep there is a complex cmd line for it, but you will not have to worry about that as this genius little program of mine will do that for you.)

Hey I had to do the same with the french to english so it isn't that bad. I can understand what you are saying even if it isn't proper english.
    Good evening, thank you for your kindness, it's super nice to have me explained ^^
  • ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey neia! Please update your create a career tool ASAP!! 💜 love your work!!!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Hey neia! Please update your create a career tool ASAP!! 💜 love your work!!!

Unfortunately, Neia is quite ill and unable to update at this time.
  • lisamarie1962lisamarie1962 Posts: 7 New Member
    Neia, hope you get better soon and also hope you update your career mod ASAP. If you can't maybe there are those you can trust to update it for you? Thanks <3
  • EllieLyne79_EllieLyne79_ Posts: 8 New Member
    hiya can you please update your create a career tool as it isn’t working and other modders that use the tool for careers which are broken due to get famous can’t update their careers
  • VioletiaSimsVioletiaSims Posts: 59 Member
    hiya can you please update your create a career tool as it isn’t working and other modders that use the tool for careers which are broken due to get famous can’t update their careers

She's well aware of it, she's been sick!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Quoting here for this page:
    Neia wrote: »
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Any idea when the tool will be updated?

No idea, I can't stay in front of my computer for too long at the moment, I have downloaded the patch, but that's pretty much it so far.
    Thanks all for the kind words ! I'm personally fine but on preventive bed rest and not taking any risk :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    The Create-a-Career tool has been updated !

I'm planning on adding the new GF skills next
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    The Create-a-Career tool has been updated !

I'm planning on adding the new GF skills next

I'm glad you are feeling better! Thank you for the update Neia!
  • lisamarie1962lisamarie1962 Posts: 7 New Member
    :# <3 :p Doing the Happy Dance. Thank you so much Neia! Awesome <3
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    *also dancing*

In Germany it is "Nikolaus-Tag" today, so I wish u all a happy Nikolaustag! Especially to Neia! Get well soon.
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    @Neia Sweet mother of Jesus, that is awesome news! You are a star⭐
    Un énorme merci à Neia :) , regarde ton paypal ;) , c'est pas grand chose mais un simple merci !
    Ton travail me permet de continuer à faire plaisir à ma communauté :)
    Dsl bug avec message précédent...
    Un énorme merci à Neia :), regarde ton paypal;), c'est pas grand chose mais un simple merci !
    Ton travail me permet de continuer à faire plaisir à ma communauté :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited December 2018
    Just a head's up: If you have an issue in-game with an updated career that includes a file called Neia_Careers_Common.package, please check the file date. If the file is dated before November 5, download the current one here to replace it: Neia_Careers_Common file... just in case it helps. (Edited because the files may be identical.)
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SwooshonSwooshon Posts: 1 New Member
    I have trouble with the picture dimensions when i tried to upload it. it said it must be 1000 X 500 even though i have a 1000 X 500 picture. is there something wrong with this?
  • FriskierKitty422FriskierKitty422 Posts: 71 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Neia! Your tool is a GODSEND. I haven't played with GF yet as I was waiting until you were able to update. I'm glad you're feeling well!

I have a problem compiling the pyc file. I get the NoModuleFoundError: No module found 'services' error and there is no pyc file in my pycache directory. The version of Python I downloaded was a 32-bit, but it installed in my Program Files (86x). Did I do something wrong to get this error and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

EDIT 1: Forgot to add that I have re-exported my files and received the latest Commons package, as well.
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Neia! Your tool is a GODSEND. I haven't played with GF yet as I was waiting until you were able to update. I'm glad you're feeling well!

I have a problem compiling the pyc file. I get the NoModuleFoundError: No module found 'services' error and there is no pyc file in my pycache directory. The version of Python I downloaded was a 32-bit, but it installed in my Program Files (86x). Did I do something wrong to get this error and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

EDIT 1: Forgot to add that I have re-exported my files and received the latest Commons package, as well.

Hello. This "no module found Services"- "Error" can be ignored.
    The .py file you have to put into the lib Folder of your python program. After having finished the procedure of importing, you will find the .pyc in the lib Cache Folder. :)
    Post edited by helen912 on
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    I re-exported my careers, and the pay rates are in there according to the xml files, but my sims are not getting paid :( Any thoughts on why this might be?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top