Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please keep the sims 3 site a bit more updated please.

matashjmamatashjma Posts: 41 Member
To EA_ powers that be
A good morning. I am personally not someone to write much in the forums and if you check will see I am not rally active on the forums here. But I do have a Sims 3 question. As someone who actively plays sims 3 I have discovered an army of sims 3 players. We have to move to other places like Facebook to really enjoy the game fully. And to talk chat help. There are no longer someone who keeps the sims 3 site fully enjoyable. The home page has been showing the same featured item now for years https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8814500. I fully understand that EA is concentrating on sims 4 and it is sims 4 all the way. How can a request be made for 1 person to please keep the site a bit more updated and newer members who joined be given a chance to have their uploads featured. There are tons of new people that have recently joined esp after the black Friday sales Origin has had over the years. I see so many people uploading and actively playing. Or at most please remove the featured look the site has. It has become boring to even try go onto the site. We have more fun sharing on Facebook. Why do we have to move if EA is making money off our purchases.

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello, good to see you posting here.

I think it is worth remembering that while TS3 is our current favourite game, EA now regards it as a legacy and has moved on. The main focus is now on TS4. I also think it is a wonderful testament to how good the game really is, that there are still so many players enjoying it and others joining all the time. Not bad for a game which is nearly ten years old. You will find active sites all over the internet, including here on the forum. There are some very talented people still here and it is worth checking out the creative sections and perhaps contributing your own creations?

Not ideal for us perhaps but better than nothing at all. In an ideal world it would be good if EA would occasionally update the home page for TS3 and perhaps restart the fortnightly store sale. However the simmers here are really friendly and you will find players who do not use Origin here. It is for the most part a very happy mix and it would be lovely to see you here more often.

Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Betty is spot on!

I also want to reassure you, as someone who also still uses the old Sims 3 site, that while it is not being updated, it is being maintained. The store is still there, player pages still function. You can still add Sims 3 friends for Simport or sending gifts, and when the site breaks, they do fix it!

The only real feature shut down there are the old Forums, now in read-only mode. That discussion goes on, however, right here. And there are a slew of folks still playing the game. EA/Maxis knows we're here, and "maintenance mode" doesn't mean a dead game - it means simply that they are done developing new content. For now, at least, we still have all that core functionality on the old site, plus active work still from NRaas and some other diehard modders and modelers.

Don't despair - Sims 3 lives.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Betty is spot on!

I also want to reassure you, as someone who also still uses the old Sims 3 site, that while it is not being updated, it is being maintained. The store is still there, player pages still function. You can still add Sims 3 friends for Simport or sending gifts, and when the site breaks, they do fix it!

The only real feature shut down there are the old Forums, now in read-only mode. That discussion goes on, however, right here. And there are a slew of folks still playing the game. EA/Maxis knows we're here, and "maintenance mode" doesn't mean a dead game - it means simply that they are done developing new content. For now, at least, we still have all that core functionality on the old site, plus active work still from NRaas and some other diehard modders and modelers.

Don't despair - Sims 3 lives.

They've done away with the read-only mode over sometime ago as the link that they have over there now brings everyone who clicks on it to this site now.

To the OP: Yes, sometimes I wish that they would do more with the old site like keep the pages over there up to date such as the stuck sales page that still has sales from October 2016. But sadly, I think they only have 1 team member (if any) looking out for that site and that's to do the occasional maintenance and that's about it.

We do have a long running thread (3162 pages) over here in the General Discussion that the OP started back in 2015 where us TS3 players talk about what we've done in our game.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-3-game-today/p1

We also have a TS3 Tech and Bugs section here as well. One of the forum members even went a created a thread for new members to be able to post any issues that they have with TS3 since new members are unable to create new threads.

But yeah, us TS3 players can still enjoy talking about and sharing our game play over on this site without going over to Facebook since we do have members who refuse to create a Facebook account for whatever reason. Most of the Sims Facebook groups that I belong to have more TS4 players than TS3 players. So to see anything about TS3, members of those groups would need to scroll through several TS4 postings. Or the TS3 player could just create their own Sims page to be able to post their pictures/stories/videos over there and share in the Sims groups that they belong to.

We also have a The Sims 3 Creative Corner for world builders, CAW Tool users, CAP Tool users, Sims & Modeling, and Builders to post in. So we're pretty set here with talking about our beloved TS3 game... :)

And also, I see a lot of my friends whom I have on my friends list over on the old site still posting on the "My Page", so we still have that to communicate with our friends over there... :)
  • Options
    JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
    I has to make 30 post to become a member is annoying
  • Options
    I’m not trolling just making post so I can become member
  • Options
    EA are u interested adding Sims 4 to the Nintendo Switch? And I hope so cause I feel like it’s time to.I really really really wanna play it. I was hoping we will get a big announcement in the upcoming game awards but so far I don’t see any signs. EA please bring the Sims 4 on the Nintendo Switch. I’ll pay 60 or $70 dollars for it just bring to switch please. Sales in the US are pretty good right now for the Nintendo Switch. I’m asking please add sims 4 to the Switch. Sims 4 is a great game. Bring back the sims to Nintendo!T-T
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    JaySnowy wrote: »
    I has to make 30 post to become a member is annoying

@JaySnowy, your best bet would be to post over in the Off Topic section to get your 15 posts count up since the requirements have changed from 50 points to 25 points, 30 posts to 15 post but you still need an account older than 24 hours.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

And as for any The Sims 4 talk, you're better off posting over in The Sims 4 section as this is The Sims 3 section.

This link is for The Sims 4 Feedback which includes feedback for console games as well... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • Options
    Oh thxs
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Betty is spot on!

Ads broke some time ago and instead of fixing them they just removed them completely :confused: I still miss the ads :lol:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥