Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there ever going to be More Sims Medieval ?

2...Next

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "It's for girls!" is the stupidest critique of a game I have ever heard, and I have been hearing it all my life. Entertainment is not a gendered activity. Plenty of adults like this game. Plenty of men like this game. Who marketing thinks will like a game is a different matter entirely, and one that I am happy to confound. It's a game. Play it for fun, not for what others will think.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I love your inputs here. I couldn't agree more. There we go: We play the games we like, no matter what and for our entertainment. And furthermore we play it "our own way". :wink:
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    "It's for girls!" is the stupidest critique of a game I have ever heard, and I have been hearing it all my life. Entertainment is not a gendered activity. Plenty of adults like this game. Plenty of men like this game. Who marketing thinks will like a game is a different matter entirely, and one that I am happy to confound. It's a game. Play it for fun, not for what others will think.
    Agreed. I don’t know the distribution especially for Medieval. But I seem to remember though to have read about an investigation that said that about 80% of all simmers are females. It is the opposite for war games and shooters (and maybe also for sports games) where more likely at least 80% are males. But while such investigations are very interesting and important for marketing and their choice of the game’s target group why should we care if we like the game anyway? :)
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    If I enjoy a game then who it is targeted towards has no bearing on my enjoyment of said game. If I don't enjoy a game the target audience also doesn't matter to me. Who a game is targeted towards has never made an impact on my enjoyment of any game.

It's the content I enjoy, not who it is targeted to.

When I started playing WoW it was targeted towards 15 year old boys. I was a 30+ year old woman. The games targeting didn't make me stop enjoying the game. So I will keep on enjoying TSM regardless of the fact that I am not who they were aiming for :)

I could not agree with you more , I am in my 20s and I still enjoy such games , simply because their content brings me good entertainment . I do see a lot of people complaining about the sims 4 lacking content and aiming towards the younger players , altho it may be true to a certain degree they did make it so that the games are closer to their base idea , a simulation. In the sims 3 they gave us a free world and loads of content that not everyones computer might take and it was more expensive ( *cough* *cough* TS3 Island Paradise ) . Before launching the sims 4 they announced that they did make major changes and that they wanted to make it a different/new kind of a sims game , that is something that a lot of people forgot , since a remake/upgrade of the game and a new type of the same game is a different thing . Not all games reach their fullest potentials ,and maybe in the future EA will make a mix of the sims4 and 3 and everyone will be happy but for now we have to accept that ; EA is currently focusing on their other upcoming projects and for now pleasing all of our expectations while developing the idea of ts4 is not currently possible . I think that the same thing happened with TSM where they had an amazing idea , went with it , but it didn't prosper . Sometimes failure is needed on the path of success .
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
    Sindocat wrote: »

Even tho I am a girl (i know my character is male that may be confusing its just my alter/online persona) I do agree that gender specification in games is the stupidest critique to get/have/see/hear . I did gat that a lot while playing online games that and I have been seen as a weakling in teams just because i am a female , so I made a male online persona (even tho when asked I do say my true gender so I do not falsely represent myself ) but then I was told in other games that they are supposed to be for girls ... So either way you cant win here all you can do is stand your ground and keep playing the games that you like and not the ones others dont want you to play.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

• OdahusOdahus Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. I am trying to install sims medieval. But im getting the code 0x039e8474. i heard many others had this oroblem, did anyone solve it?
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I would love more TSM!!! <3<3<3<3 and a fix for my error code 16 on that game :)
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    Odahus wrote: »
    Hello. I am trying to install sims medieval. But im getting the code 0x039e8474. i heard many others had this oroblem, did anyone solve it?

Yes....did you get it fixed now? If not, I may be able to help
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
    Odahus wrote: »
    I am having the same issue with my sims 3 games , i am a mac player and i have been informed that its a mac issue with the newest patch (this might not be the case tho) , you may be able to download them again if you use the disc , if not try to download them without downloading the latest patch for it

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I do so hope there will be a Sims Medieval 2 with the color wheel. Also, I hope that they add Egypt, Babylon, China & North American Aboriginals along with the Europeans in the new version.