Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is fame so hard to earn?

I really do not like how hard it is to earn fame. It is so frustrating. I get that it shouldn't be as easy as it was in previous games. But it is insane. I work all day on gaining fame, and have only made it to two stars, and am barely making any progress forward. Will there be any change in the future?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    In one of the past live streams, they said they listen to the players and worked with the likes and dislikes of celebrities from Sims 3. I don't know if you played Sims 3 Late Night, but that was where celebrities were added to The Sims 3 game. The problem with the celebrities as it was too easy for every single sim in town to become a celebrity, and it was a real pain in the backside. There was even a setting in the NRaas mod, it is very much like the MCCC mod for Sims 4, but for Sims 3. It had settings to bring this into a player's control. They listened and this is why they dialed back the ease of becoming a celebrity in Sims 4. The Sims 3 celebrities was a total nightmare, and they were paying attention.

If you are interested there are cheats for Get Famous, and also the MCCC mod will adjust the celebrity level as well. I used it to give a few of the premades celebrity status as well, like the Goths for one.

Here is a link that goes into more detail on the Get Famous cheats.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/famouscheats
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    No, I doubt it will be changed. Biggest complaint from previous fame packs was it was too easy. They took those complaints and made get famous. It’s that hard on purpose! Also your sims gain more fame depending on the action they are doing. I’ve heard streaming and using the new media skill is the best way to gain fame. Acting gains a little, but you have to do more than just the career to really gain fame. Also if you are doing any action for tips or performing in public you need an audience to gain fame. If no one is watching you won’t gain anything. Also most like how hard it is so there is another reason for them not to change it. I’ve heard after the first two stars it is supposed to be easier though? I just got the pack so Ive only explored a tiny bit but have learned a lot of tips from the forums here. What are you doing to gain fame if you don’t mind me asking?
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    I actually don't mind that it's hard to earn. My only complaint in regards to that is that it's super easy to advance in the Actor career, so you can easily be on the "Superstar" level while only being a "Rising Star."
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    I prefer it this way to TS3 where everyone ended up famous after a while and I've had no problem earning fame once I figured out how things work. There was a bit of a learning curve when I first started playing though. Also it seems like getting from 1 star to 2 took longer than the higher levels. Once others start recognizing your Sim, it gets a little easier.

What kind of things are you trying to do to gain fame?
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2018
    My complaint about TS4 has been that I did not like how game play basically tells you exactly what to do.
    I prefer to be given a goal and choosing my own way about reaching it.

I hope Fame is like this.
    There should be a smart way to do it and a not so smart way.
    Perhaps seeking fame before you have talent give poor returns. If that is the case I would be more focused on getting my sims fame worthy before being concerned about their fame status. So, basically skills and career levels before watching their fame meter.

Maybe there are multiple things you have to have going on to ride fame waves.
    I have experienced sudden surges in fame that gets me to the next star, but I am not sure what I did to achieve it.

I would test this out, but I am having too much fun with my current sims. :)
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the first thing to remember with most actions that increase your sim's fame... onlookers. you need people to watch what your sim is doing so they'll get boosts to fame. the more people the better. when you hit 3 stars, that'll happen extremely easily because everyone will start flocking to your sim anyway. but before that, i always took venessa to a lounge or karaoke bar and had her either sing or perform musical numbers for tips. people would gather around and watch, then at the end, when she bowed, they'd tip her (not much at all, but that wasn't the important part) and every tip included a chunk of fame. it went really, really fast

if your sim isn't working on acting, other things should work just as well. comedians should be able to tell jokes at the lounge (especially on talent night) for quick boosts, and so on. those working with drones don't even need a physical audience, since the videos will boost with 'views'. and if a sim is in an actual career, when they're at high levels of that career, just going to work is supposed to boost their fame, too (as long as they've stepped into the spotlight)
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I enjoy it. There's sort of a logic to it... think exposure! The more the better. I was actually disappointed when an opportunity from a perk was fulfilled and almost bumped my sim level shortly after getting his first star. But then again luck can happen.

Any way, check out some of the other threads about it. There's a lot of good tips on the forum on how to gain fame.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    snarkles wrote: »
    I actually don't mind that it's hard to earn. My only complaint in regards to that is that it's super easy to advance in the Actor career, so you can easily be on the "Superstar" level while only being a "Rising Star."

That part sort of makes sense to me but I kind of wish your fame capped you out in a way... it'd be kind of cool to have "B Lister" acting track. For the ones that get type cast and cult followings. Most of my favorite and the most talented actors that get work their whole life are character actors and never get leading roles. I think you should only be able to get certain roles based on your fame level.

I do like the fact that fame is a separate thing and based on exposure.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    the expansion is a bit annoying, fame was extremely easy for my main sim, other sims that are not in the acting career are building fame by selling paintings being a painter, karioke singing etc, top of the fame in just a couple days (people days not sim days), map is disappointing, paparazzi everywhere and no way to keep all these random people coming in the house, if you lock the doors you can't invite others in without unlocking(parties), and sure as day randoms come in, digging in your garbage, easy to complete both of the aspirations as well. Did not find it a challenge at all, not at all worth the 40 euros.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »
    No, I doubt it will be changed. Biggest complaint from previous fame packs was it was too easy. They took those complaints and made get famous. It’s that hard on purpose! Also your sims gain more fame depending on the action they are doing. I’ve heard streaming and using the new media skill is the best way to gain fame. Acting gains a little, but you have to do more than just the career to really gain fame. Also if you are doing any action for tips or performing in public you need an audience to gain fame. If no one is watching you won’t gain anything. Also most like how hard it is so there is another reason for them not to change it. I’ve heard after the first two stars it is supposed to be easier though? I just got the pack so Ive only explored a tiny bit but have learned a lot of tips from the forums here. What are you doing to gain fame if you don’t mind me asking?

This is not true. If you take risks and your sim has high skill levels you can earn fame from acting rather quickly. My sim went from zero fame to a whole star after one gig. How much fame is earned seems to depend on multiple factors, so everyone will have a different experience with it.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Also, my sim did a 24 hour charity livestream and went from 4 stars to 5 in one day. It really just varies and I'm glad that EA took this route.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    It hasn't been a heavy grind like sims superstar that was just a grind fest for fame.

Between the +fame interactions and opportunity chance cards that can pop up to also help you gain some fame I think it's been a fairly good balance without being too hard or too easy though your sim can get a lucky opportunity at times.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited November 2018
    I actually enjoy the challenge. TS4 in general is too easy...which has been my biggest complaint of no real challenges to anything, whether it be relationships, friendships, etc. I'm happy that Fame isn't easy to acquire. It took me about a solid week to get my Sim from 0 Stars to 5 Stars. But maintaining her 5 Star Fame is just as challenging as it can easily be lost if your Sim isn't active in the spotlight.

But there are few perks out there...don't remember which one it is....but you can ask someone to hype up another Sim in your household. My Sim's teen daughter became a 4 Star celebrity almost overnight, with my Sim's connections.
  • Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    snarkles wrote: »

In reality, there are hundreds of superstars who are not really that famous anymore. Or their fame comes and goes while their superstar status stays the same so its kind of realistic.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just finished making my Sim a five-star celebrity, and I liked it. I will say she went from a four to a five-star celebrity within 24 sim hours. I'm sure that had to do with the fact that she was already on the verge of getting a promotion. She was Level 10+1 in the Style Influencer career.

In fact, I might start a new game soon. It took awhile for my Sim to get fame, but it wasn't a grind. I was having her do a little bit of everything. She did her job well. She painted. She wrote style columns. She sang and played the piano. All of those things generated income for her.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I really do not like how hard it is to earn fame. It is so frustrating. I get that it shouldn't be as easy as it was in previous games. But it is insane. I work all day on gaining fame, and have only made it to two stars, and am barely making any progress forward. Will there be any change in the future?

I don't think it's hard at all, all things considered, I think it's well balanced. I played the hell out of Sims Late Night and I think the current system is well done and has a good gaining/losing ratio. I like that unlike Late Night you need to put in some work to earn your fame.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better like this for me. But I do understand that it is not for you.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Fame perks are definitely your friend and should be used to your advantage if you're wanting to earn fame faster and get more opportunities for sure.

-PR Agency
    -Noticeable
    -Networking
    5vJrxmT.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am glad it's a challenge. Keep it exactly the way it is please.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Getting to two stars was the hardest for me. Once my sim hit that it wasn't so hard because of many things that seem to come together .. more interactions, opportunities, and perks that lead to better fame boosts. It just seems that once you arrive it's easier. From 3 star up .. even easier.
    I personally wouldn't want them to make it easier than it is. The struggle in the beginning and work was fun to me.
    I guess if I get tired of doing this part one day or want to set up some quicky celebs I'll just use the cheat.
    egTcBMc.png
  • profanedogprofanedog Posts: 108 Member
    I like that its a bit of a grind the first levels.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I really hope it doesn't change. It can be frustrating I've not yet made 3 stars, but it's more realistic than becoming a 5 star celeb in a week. It would be nice to know how much fame each fame interaction actually gives and how much is needed for each level. Right now it's difficult to judge just how much needs to be done to get a star.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I hope it doesn't change either. There are too many things in the game that are too easy. This is much better than TS3 was done and I say well done to the team for getting the balance right this time around.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I hope this post ain't too old, but I wonder if how fast your fame is might be tied to the rep so if you are on the good or bad side you gain fame faster, but if your on the neutral side its hard to get noticed.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    No, it's not tied to reputation.

I like the sysem as it is and hope they will not make it easier.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen