Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2020 should be the perfect year for TS5 because...

It would have been 20 years since the original was released
30 years since the first Sim City
15 years since TS2 University & Hot Date
10 years since TS3 Ambitions and Late Night,
25 years since Sim Town
and obviously 5 years since what ever TS4 got in 2015

Lets keep the first year or the decade date important in The Sims!

I mean imagine how cool an awesome TS5 would be to have out celebrating 20 years of The Sims! :smiley:
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As much as I agree that's a good idea, I would like to see something by Sept. 2019. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Cinebar I would be happy seeing something released in January 2019 but that is too soon! :blush:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • glm345glm345 Posts: 14 New Member
    Simcity came out in 1989 not 1990.
  • glm345glm345 Posts: 14 New Member
    I want Spore 2 before The Sims 5.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think the game may be released next September withype starting in the new year prehaps with a trailer in febuery and a preorder thing in March I asume they are going to focuse this release on the Shiny new thing this could be totally open world or prehaps open Careears in the base hopefully the base world/worlds will be the same size as TS3 if not a littel bigger.
    glm345 wrote: »
    Simcity came out in 1989 not 1990.

My mistake it is older tan I thought
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    25 years since Sim Town

I mean imagine how cool an awesome TS5 would be to have out celebrating 20 years of The Sims! :smiley:

Grant says 3 more years of Content For The Sims 4. Sims 5 won't happen in 2020.
    25 years since Sim Town

3 more years of disappointment then :cold_sweat:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,863 Member
    25 years since Sim Town

3 more years of disappointment then :cold_sweat:

Wonderful! <3
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The Sims 5: People were complaining about townies having a bad sense of fashion and clashing accessories, so we removed the option and went back to whole outfit sets from the Sims 1 days! 🎉🎉🎉
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I'm glad that there is 3 more years of content for The Sims 4. Still missing are beach vacations,a dating pack,universities,amusement parks and supernatuals.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm glad that there is 3 more years of content for The Sims 4. Still missing are beach vacations,a dating pack,universities,amusement parks and supernatuals.

At least 3 more years. IIRC, what he said was that that's what's currently planned. That could be a rolling 3-year plan that keeps being renewed and extended as each pack gets to another stage.

I mean, I get that there are people who don't like Sims 4. But I really think that with the structure of Sims 4, with ongoing engineering work on it, and with what we've been told, there's no hint of an end being approached. We could be in an era of Sims that simply isn't following the model we had before now. Honestly, if I didn't like Sims 4 and wasn't happy with my older Sims games and hearing what I'm hearing? I don't think I'd be putting much mental and emotional effort into Sims at all now, including anticipating a new version. I'd just be turning elsewhere for my entertainment. But that's obviously about me not other people. To each their own. I just think that any speculation about a Sims 5 within not just 3 years but even 5 is probably way off base.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising Sometimes I think that the best thing they can do is move The Sims forward. Stay with TS4 is the wrong way to do that

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @luthienrising Sometimes I think that the best thing they can do is move The Sims forward. Stay with TS4 is the wrong way to do that

Best for whom?? For all the people happily buying new Sims 4 packs? The game is doing well. Packs and upgrades this year have been received enthusiastically. Maybe it's not Maxis that needs to shift focus to move forward.

But did Maxis need to move forward from TS3 or even TS2 and the original?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Best for whom?? For all the people happily buying new Sims 4 packs? The game is doing well. Packs and upgrades this year have been received enthusiastically. Maybe it's not Maxis that needs to shift focus to move forward.

I can't speak for TS2 -- I wasn't paying much attention to forums etc. during that -- but it's pretty well known that TS3 was hitting technical barriers for a lot of players near the end (myself included). Those barriers could have meant that the remaining players wouldn't be enough to support development longer. Perhaps that was foreseen early on. TS4 seems to have been designed to balance what's loaded quite differently, and we've seen few players who meet specs unable to play; by contrast, I met recommended specs (not minimum) for TS3 and it killed off a computer part on a desktop.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited November 2018

I can't speak for TS2 -- I wasn't paying much attention to forums etc. during that -- but it's pretty well known that TS3 was hitting technical barriers for a lot of players near the end (myself included). Those barriers could have meant that the remaining players wouldn't be enough to support development longer. Perhaps that was foreseen early on. TS4 seems to have been designed to balance what's loaded quite differently, and we've seen few players who meet specs unable to play; by contrast, I met recommended specs (not minimum) for TS3 and it killed off a computer part on a desktop.

Probably killed off your videocard(?) cause there was no Vsync Option on the Sims 3 and a lot of cards fried because of the high framerates.

TS4 is selling great and not only on Pc but on The Consoles as well. In fact SimGuruLegacy and Duke says any pack that releases to PC is going to hit the Consoles. With the Sims 4 doing well on both Console and PC this may be the reason they want to go another 3 years.

Also the Sims 4 is Live Service and for the most part we get monthly updates and new content added to the base game. Live Service is another reason they can go 3 more years or more on TS4.

They seem happy to buy more and more but if you look around and really look around they don't seem all that happy once they play a pack. I think the forums show the truth about the packs where as there is more happy and hype on Youtube and Twitter, but the forums sort of reflect the true feelings of what people think after they play one. There are hundreds of complaints about this last pack. There are hundreds of complaints about bugs in the game, three more years+ of that, isn't going to help this game or it's reputation. They keep buying hoping the next new thing will cure it all, but it won't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited November 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

They seem happy to buy more and more but if you look around and really look around they don't seem all that happy once they play a pack. I think the forums show the truth about the packs where as there is more happy and hype on Youtube and Twitter, but the forums sort of reflect the true feelings of what people think after they play one. There are hundreds of complaints about this last pack. There are hundreds of complaints about bugs in the game, three more years+ of that, isn't going to help this game or it's reputation. They keep buying hoping the next new thing will cure it all, but it won't.

For Get Famous would that be 100 different people with 100 different complaints or 100 people with the same 4 or 5 complaints? Because we want to make sure all issues are being reported.

For Get Famous would that be 100 different people with 100 different complaints or 100 people with the same 4 or 5 complaints? Because we want to make sure all issues are being reported.

I can name a dozen problems or bugs with that pack off the top of my head, then let's pile on all the bugs or badly designed objects for the last four years. It's growning by the seconds. I agree not many people actually go over to the Answer site to report bugs, but they have complained here. If five people have the same problem then of course it's a real problem. But if ten others have a different problem it may be the one that gets looked at and the five other people's bugs never get fixed. I can name ten bugs right now that have been around for years. But it seems no one ever reported them or they fell to the wayside, or just over looked, especially if you keep adding more and more with every pack. Not all people see all bugs because they may never even play a part of the game, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. It's four years later, I know I keep saying that, but what I see is a half finished game, needing more content to fill it up to the par of older games, and fifty different bugs that never get solved. Or more.
  • DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    Usually, the games come out every 5 or 6 years, so it would be right on time. Plus, maxis is going to run out of money to run the sims franchise if they don't do some upgrades to sims 4. If there was one upgrade I would want for sims 4, it would be create a style like there was in sims 3.
    why are my sims games so weird?
    edited November 2018

I can name a dozen problems or bugs with that pack off the top of my head, then let's pile on all the bugs or badly designed objects for the last four years. It's growning by the seconds. I agree not many people actually go over to the Answer site to report bugs, but they have complained here. If five people have the same problem then of course it's a real problem. But if ten others have a different problem it may be the one that gets looked at and the five other people's bugs never get fixed. I can name ten bugs right now that have been around for years. But it seems no one ever reported them or they fell to the wayside, or just over looked, especially if you keep adding more and more with every pack. Not all people see all bugs because they may never even play a part of the game, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. It's four years later, I know I keep saying that, but what I see is a half finished game, needing more content to fill it up to the par of older games, and fifty different bugs that never get solved. Or more.

So 100 Get Famous bugs have now turned into a dozen. Gotcha.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    25 years since Sim Town

Oh, good. Because as much as I’m looking forward to TS5, I’m still really enjoying TS4 ad I think there’s still a lot of potential for it.

What worries me is that after four years the game is still unfinished. Not because it hasn't received all the intended EPs yet but because there are still features that appeared in the base game of TS1 that have not yet been included. Cars for instance, still not here. Not even as a car pool. Is there any word on cars? Any reason why they have not been added yet? My guess is they are not possible or would have no purpose so they continue to be omitted.

That to me is unfinished
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg