Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Debug cheat on PS4 Not working

sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
When I play Sims 4 on the PS4, I open the cheat window and enter testingcheats true. Then I enter bb.showhiddenobjects to bring up the hidden objects in build/buy mode. But when I enter debug in the search for item box, none of the debug items show up. And get the item not found message instead.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    You have to go to the item filters, not search box. In the filters, there should be an option for "debug" after you type the cheat in.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    floralney wrote: »
    You have to go to the item filters, not search box. In the filters, there should be an option for "debug" after you type the cheat in.
    Oooh, I did not know that. Thank you floralney! :)
  • Doomsday016Doomsday016 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="floralney;c-16438561"]You have to go to the item filters, not search box. In the filters, there should be an option for "debug" after you type the cheat in.[/quote]

But how can u find the Debug stuff like apples?
  • simoleoncatsimoleoncat Posts: 46 Member
    @Doomsday016

After you enter bb.showhiddenobjects and turn on the debug filter, if you search "apple" or "fruit" it should come up. Sometimes I like to type in one letter A-Z just to see what else I can find :smile:
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I'm struggling with this. So, after entering bb.showhiddenobjects, Debug is an option in the Filter? I can't seem to find it.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    I'm struggling with this. So, after entering bb.showhiddenobjects, Debug is an option in the Filter? I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind. I think I figured it out!
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • ThePsycko92ThePsycko92 Posts: 1 New Member
    to see all debug items on ps4 !!!!!!! B) B) B)

you just have to use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and then open the search bar and leave it empty (just confirm with R2) and then set the filter of the search to hidden (R2 -> content -> hidden)

I hope my bad English is enough to understand it :# :/ :#
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    [quote="ThePsycko92;c-16781046"]to see all debug items on ps4 !!!!!!! B) B) B)

you just have to use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and then open the search bar and leave it empty (just confirm with R2) and then set the filter of the search to hidden (R2 -> content -> hidden)

I hope my bad English is enough to understand it :# :/ :# [/quote]

Thank you soooooo much!!! I tried this and everything, even things I didn’t know we could get showed up. You are awesome!!! Goodbye to the little free time I had left 😩
  • PsychoSimmerPsychoSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    If your on console and want all the items you have to put in the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects then go to "objects by function" press show all. After that go to "filter items" (press R2) then go to content and press "debug" after that go to the search bar and search "unknown" and all the objects should appear.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I"m one of the ones it's not working for. I don't even see debug when I type it in the search bar after entering the cheat and I also type in testingcheats enabled true before going into CAS.

SimGuruLegacy says their looking into this issue.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I"m one of the ones it's not working for. I don't even see debug when I type it in the search bar after entering the cheat and I also type in testingcheats enabled true before going into CAS.

SimGuruLegacy says their looking into this issue.

You don't type debug in the search bar on console. You have to use the filter under the content section. It's also one that doesn't require testingcheats.
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    > @floralney said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > I"m one of the ones it's not working for. I don't even see debug when I type it in the search bar after entering the cheat and I also type in testingcheats enabled true before going into CAS.
    >
    > SimGuruLegacy says their looking into this issue.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't type debug in the search bar on console. You have to use the filter under the content section. It's also one that doesn't require testingcheats.

Yep.. you can use the Debug filter or you can type 'Unknown' in the search bar to get some items as well. I don't think all items show up for either though. Seems to me little things like the toothbrush and fruit show up when you type in unknown and the collectible items are all that show up under debug. .. not really sure about that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    So it's unknown.
  • MEIKO_V3MEIKO_V3 Posts: 2 New Member
    For console users, type 'help' in the cheat bar to bring up a list of available cheats. bb.showhiddenobjects does not exist for console versions of TS4, meaning debug content is not available in TS4 PS4/XBox One.
  • MEIKO_V3MEIKO_V3 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="MEIKO_V3;c-17012112"]For console users, type 'help' in the cheat bar to bring up a list of available cheats. bb.showhiddenobjects does not exist for console versions of TS4, meaning debug content is not available in TS4 PS4/XBox One.[/quote]

Scratch that, it has to be entered in live mode, then go to build mode, decorations, miscellaneous decor, then scroll down. A ton of miscellaneous decor becomes visible from past events, like sugar skulls, a time capsule, fire opal, fossils, diamond, fish tanks, etc.
    edited March 2019
    Also good to note that you do not have to have testingcheats enabled to use bb.showhiddenobjects. Many cheats actually work without testingcheats on and do not disable achievements. Others that I know work without disabling achievements. 'bb.moveobjects, resetsim, Traits.equip_trait.' Those are the only cheats I can confirm that work but many others might as well. Haven't tried because really all I care about is Moveobjects.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    [quote="MEIKO_V3;c-17012112"]For console users, type 'help' in the cheat bar to bring up a list of available cheats. bb.showhiddenobjects does not exist for console versions of TS4, meaning debug content is not available in TS4 PS4/XBox One.[/quote]

You must do both cheats in buy/build mode:

Testingcheats on
    Bb.Showhiddenobjects

Directly after each other, without exiting the cheat bar. Then go into show all items, press R2 for filters and under “content” is “debug”. You’ll see the catalogue changes to debug items.

You must re enter the debug cheat every time you come out of build mode.

Searching for fruits is tricky, not all come up by name in search. If you do a blank search once you have done the previous setup, (so press L2 and then enter) it brings up the full debug menu. (The full debug menu doesn’t load by default) If you scroll half way through you start to come up with plantables. Good news is they are all pretty much together once you get to them.
  • Windy_simmerWindy_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    > @floralney said:
    > You have to go to the item filters, not search box. In the filters, there should be an option for "debug" after you type the cheat in.

Thank you this is very helpful
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Oh my @vyvexthorne you mean bb.moveobjects works without disabling Achievements? Been on xbox sims since inception (2017) and I did not know this, I'm such a nub :(
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
    edited February 2020
    UndeadFox wrote: »
    Oh my @vyvexthorne you mean bb.moveobjects works without disabling Achievements? Been on xbox sims since inception (2017) and I did not know this, I'm such a nub :(

Not really noob thing.. Nobody talks about it.. Does't seem like most people even know about it. If you google console cheats they all start witht the instructions to turn on testing cheats. I only found out about it by accidently inputing a bb. command without turning on testing cheats first. All bb. cheats can be used without disabling achievements.. So you can also enable bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.showliveeditobjects and have all the fun you want with those as well.
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Up to now, there's me being absolutely paranoid to keep my 2 games separate (my playing game and my building game) lol It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Thanks heaps @vyvexthorne
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
    UndeadFox wrote: »
    Up to now, there's me being absolutely paranoid to keep my 2 games separate (my playing game and my building game) lol It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Thanks heaps @vyvexthorne

I do the exact same thing.. I have my "build / mess around" save and my "actual game" save. I'll build the house using cheats in one save, put it in my library and then download it to the other save. :p
  • Dez_The_Foxy_SimmerDez_The_Foxy_Simmer Posts: 5 New Member
    I play on the Xbox version,I thought it wasn’t working but I was typing in the object wrong 😂. For me it was under unknown. There was no debug.
  • TikiBuilderTikiBuilder Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, after entering the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, i get alot of misc items. but not the cars.

- I have downloaded a lot from library which gave me the cars, but i cant find the same car in the build/buy menu.
  • TikiBuilderTikiBuilder Posts: 2 New Member
    > @TikiBuilder said:
    > Hi, after entering the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, i get alot of misc items. but not the cars.
    >
    > - I have downloaded a lot from library which gave me the cars, but i cant find the same car in the build/buy menu.

Also I dont see the "Debug" filter option. Im seeing "Unknown"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top