Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons and Festivals

So today (in game) was Geekcon. My Sim had the day off from work so I figured I'd send him out there from Newcrest to take in the sites.

Big mistake.

Horrendous thunderstorm. All the food stalls were closed. He was hungry so I sent him into Planet Honey Pop to at least grab something from the bar, but the bartender wasn't there. And if I send him home I'm going to have the festival bleedover. I'll have to roll back the save I guess.

I don't want to turn off the rain and thunderstorms because I like the weather -- but it's frustrating when features in one pack interfere with features in another. Can the game be programmed to cancel the festivals if the weather is miserable?
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I wish there was a way to see the current weather in all worlds. Something like a weather channel. Then I would know when to just stay home.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Or be able to check the phone or computer -- that would work. I know one of the issues is that the weather technically doesn't load till you travel to that world, but it's still annoying especially since you have to stay to the end to prevent festival creep (multiple festivals spawning into each other). It's not so bad for the ones in the Spice District or Arts Quarter because there are a lot more things to do -- I can spend the day in my bowling alley/lounge Old Salt House in the Spice District or paint at the Arts Center.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I've been a victim of the weather at Geekcon too. Aspiration called for a win at Geekcon, but couldn't take part in any contests because 'Electronics do not work in the rain' :< It's a shame we can't even build a temporary shelter over the festival to stop all the games machines and computers breaking.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited November 2018
    You would think that they simply wouldn't hold festivals in bad weather. This is a simulation of real life, not the real thing so there shouldn't be any threat of an "unexpected" rainstorm (know what I mean?) Just don't have festivals occur when it is going to storm. Period. Or re-design the festivals so that the electronics are covered. One thing that does irk me though is the way the vendors still wear the same short sleeves in a blizzard. Shouldn't somebody have created a cold weather outfit for the poor saps that have to man (or woman) those booths for (probably) minimum wage?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I like that some festivals will be ruined by bad weather, but it should of course be announced.

Setting up a Sim Nation wide weather forecast should not be a problem, at least not within the current season. Weather itself might load upon arrival, but the matrix is already prepared. If you go to another world and check the calendar with weather forecast, then return 3 or 4 days later, it will not have changed.

There is something called surprise weather though, so I guess we would still need to deal with the risk of thunderstorms ruining festivals, but it would be reduced to those surprise days only. Besides, surprise weather often last for just a couple hours, not the full day. Guess we can live with that.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    It would be nice if the festivals were tweaked a bit so they're sheltered in bad weather.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    They should maybe move Geekcon to an indoor venue. lol

Personally, I leave the venues and don't care about bleedover anymore. I just don't go to them often enough. I hate city living. It's ruined the game in so many ways!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2018
    Actually managed to go to a geekcon where it wasn't raining for a change. I do like festivals can be ruined by weather and ruining my sims plans. Went to honey poo with the other sims to take shelter watch some singing and be a barfly.

Though if possible would like to be able to tell what the weather would be in other worlds. Give the weather channel more purpose.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I just got seasons, so I haven't yet experienced ruined events from weather yet. I have had sims get stuck at festivals though. My solution is to edit or replace the community lots so that they have all of the essentials for traveling sims. Usually Planet Honey Pop gets replaced with a mall. I found a nice on in the gallery that had beds and a kitchen on the top tier of the mall. It looked like how a department store would set up displays, it was really nice. My sims can sleep through a festival in comfort. ;)
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Or be able to check the phone or computer -- that would work. I know one of the issues is that the weather technically doesn't load till you travel to that world, but it's still annoying especially since you have to stay to the end to prevent festival creep (multiple festivals spawning into each other). It's not so bad for the ones in the Spice District or Arts Quarter because there are a lot more things to do -- I can spend the day in my bowling alley/lounge Old Salt House in the Spice District or paint at the Arts Center.

I never got Seasons, was this "Festival Creep" a thing before Seasons? Because I've never experienced that, and I leave festivals early all of the time.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    I really wish we could choose when festivals happen just like holidays, and party events. I really want to have the Flee market open more often.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif