Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've seen the light...

2...Next

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Haha I have to agree with you OP. I payed vampires in 2 but not in 3, so I wasn't that interested in 4. But I tried it out on my sister's game and they're actually amazing. Even if you're not into vampire gameplay, I feel like the awesome items make it worth it, and the skill tree was a really great move that they also carried over to get famous.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    lynxchild wrote: »
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > I've only been broken into twice. And the 2nd time was averted because a sim was already awake at the time

I start new games frequently, so that may be part of the problem, because with each new game, Vlad breaks in. So it seems like a lot to me.

Although with one of my previous games, I had vampires showing up pretty frequently. However, I wonder if that's a side effect of locking the doors. Since they couldn't get in to feed, they gave up and went away, and so maybe the game spawned more of them because they weren't successful.

I had sims that lived in a very small house and Vlad went outside their bedroom and "compelled" my sim to come outside. You can hang garlic around the doors and Vlad will stay out.
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I've been obsessed with vampires for a hot minute and The Sims 4 is probably my favorite iteration of them. I like how you can choose to ask or just take the plasma, as it wasn't an option in Sims 2 or Sims 3 (if memory serves).
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    BridgetKV wrote: »
    I've been obsessed with vampires for a hot minute and The Sims 4 is probably my favorite iteration of them. I like how you can choose to ask or just take the plasma, as it wasn't an option in Sims 2 or Sims 3 (if memory serves).

Yes, I enjoy having multiple facets of vampires! For instance, the one I play most frequently has an extremely good reputation so people cheer and wave when they see him. Not all vampires are bad! :wink:
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    They need to add more fleshed out occults to the game and improve ghosts ASAP.

Word. I'd love to see more occults myself, and maybe some more features added to aliens, as well. Let's get some weird diversity going on!
    There's been a fair amount of growth to chaos added to Sims 4 with each EP and GP and I am loving it. The devs have been kind and making sure to provide brakes for those who want a slower ride, but I am so ready for it to get crazy.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I've only been broken into twice. And the 2nd time was averted because a sim was already awake at the time

Where it gets fun is when you have a vampire sim and they acquire the ability Vampire Entrance. Not only can you let yourself into a house, but you can also lock doors behind you. Don't want Bella walking in while you are getting...acquainted with Mortimer, now, hmmm?
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I don't like vampires, I have mods to essentially turn them off, I don't play with aliens anymore either. I guess realistic type game play is what I prefer. If I had it to do over, i would skip that pack.

But, I realize I'm a bit of a contrarian, I seem to prefer things that don't appeal to the majority of players, for example, I don't care for Cats & Dogs either.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I never cared for Vampires. I only have the pack because it was bundled with stuff packs I wanted. I tried playing with vamps, but it just isn't for me. And that's okay :)
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • TexasBears69TexasBears69 Posts: 25 Member
    I lock my doors and also begin growing Garlic around all entrances. I tried to pick some garlic as a vampire and really go sick so I can see that it is a good deterrent,