Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New update is awful, expensive & misleading

PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
Alright so, for a warning, you need to buy the color of the item as well as the item itself. I just bought what I thought was a discounted version of an item due to the color, but, nope! EA has just stolen my sim cash. I have a color available in an item I do not own. This update is wretched. Please, reverse it.
Post edited by Poumbi on

Comments

• PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    And fix the broken career options! You can do an update, but cannot fix the bug where people only have quick or standard hobby & career shifts?!
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    Lots of people are going on Google play & the App store to drop their star rating down to 1 star cause of this terrible update. I've already dropped my star rating down to 1 & all of my friends have too. I hope u will all do the same too. Please do
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    Yes, misleading to the point, I would say plain dishonest.
    I remember looking through the game catalogue before the update and remember several prices of items I wanted but couldn’t afford just yet.
    Many of the prices are exactly the same as before this update, and some of the colors are more than half the price of just buying the item. Ultimately spending 1.5x more for the item in only one color.
    Supposed sale aside; if we are getting less (as in not all color choices) the item should be a fraction of the price it once was. And for it to be a sale it ought to be discounted even further.
    All of this instead of fixing the horrible Harvest event glitches that continue even after the event is gone.
    All we can do now is to refuse to spend money, no matter how tempting it might be. And give them a low rating and a bad review.
    But maybe if enough of us do that, EA will listen. It’s worth a shot.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

_Bulma_ wrote: »
    Yes, misleading to the point, I would say plain dishonest.
    All we can do now is to refuse to spend money, no matter how tempting it might be. And give them a low rating and a bad review.
    But maybe if enough of us do that, EA will listen. It’s worth a shot.

I will be sure to give them the lowest rating possible, and get my friends that have quit to do the same.
  • FrippysimFrippysim Posts: 3 New Member
    Not only that but right after the update, my game crashed and all my xp was lost from that session even tho the items I unlocked were still unlocked and even tho my sims energy was still spent.
    And there's no more ad videos to watch for bonus stuff, LAME
    Frippysim wrote: »
    Not only that but right after the update, my game crashed and all my xp was lost from that session even tho the items I unlocked were still unlocked and even tho my sims energy was still spent.

Unbelievable... Wow, that makes even me mad. 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    And no more vids ahaha this is the downfall of the Sims Mobile. They must be planning to shut it down and are trying to get as much out of the players as they can.
    RIP
    Oh and I just noticed the rug I bought in my Cafe in the creme Color before it crashed, and a single chair (Lol), disappeared, and NOW THAT COLOR COSTS SIM CASH and it's not in my inventory! If I try to move a table and click another Color option and then click back to my original Color option, IT COSTS SIM CASH TO PUT IT BACK TO THE FIRST ORIGINAL COLOR. the preset Color that ea designed the Cafe with. Unbelievable..... I'm not one to complain about a game but come on. The only game I play is sims. Let me have it.
  • melxx12melxx12 Posts: 6 New Member
    I am so annoyed. The fact we have to pay for swatches now is purely a money grab. It extra bothers me the patch notes says 'where you can buy colors/patterns individually rather than bundled with the item purchase.' like i'm sorry CAN BUY!? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU GAVE US A CHOICE.
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    And to think I was so excited to see the update this morning.....

I am fortunate that I have been playing long enough for most of these changes to not effective me much. My house is how I want it, and I have already purchased all the clothes and hairstyles I want.

I really feel bad for the newer players. This has to be so discouraging. I think a lot of people are going to leave the game. I would if I was just starting to play.

I was really expecting a great update with the bugs fixed. Silly me.

I may need to rethink my 5 star rating in the App Store after this.
  • TulipTulip Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with many of these comments. I will give a one star rating and continue playing when I am bored, but if the option for colors costs extra on top of the ridiculous prices already I will never ever buy a single thing again. I was ok with spending around $10.00 for extra cupcakes and cash and fashion gems every once in a while. But I will not be doing that any longer.
    I am absolutely let down that the money I have spent is now lost in this game and I will not proceed further as I won’t pay for ugly crap. You know what you are doing but you are losing so many people. You can keep your nasty orange tile color. No one wants it. Thanks for nothing ea sims team. So much for looking forward to the holiday prizes for my house. Also your llama zoom tasks are ridiculous and stupid. No one likes it. What a let down.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    What make me bad the most is the fact that no one interferes with these ideas of worsening the game during the meetings.
    The team seems to be creating the game anyway just to make money. They know that we do not mind investing in what we like, they just forgot that we are not idiots and that we are not going to throw money at every object color that appears.

I hope these color charges will desapear soon and take out the lhamazoom.
    Nobody care about lhamazoom. We hate lhamazoom
    Update: I’ve just realized some of the floor and wall patterns that I bought are totally gone from the catalogue. I still see them on my screen so I took screen shots.
    The most obvious one is a squiggly green carpet I bought for a kids room.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

• LunaLdubLunaLdub Posts: 1 New Member
    Not only all the stuff mentioned above being the most ridiculous “update” ever, but has anyone else noticed their items they are using during events breaking and needing to be repaired more than usual??? I swear I’ve spent like $2000 today repairing stuff. And the boost actions sure are getting the red response 100xs more often than the green boost earned responses...
  • SimscashlostSimscashlost Posts: 12 New Member
    I am done with Sims Mobile. I will not pay 73 sim cash to get black windows. This latest update just did it for me. Searching for a new game. People should be out raged this is a total rip off
  • AlysorAlysor Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm so frustrated with this update. I am missing a fireplace from our last event. I got two during the harvest event and couldn't have been happier because that's what i really wanted! Sign on and one is missing, just...gone. I have spent i don't know how much real cash on this game and i anxiously do the update today to find that not only does everything you REALLY want still cost an ungodly amount of coins or cash, but now you have to pay PER color for not just clothing, but hair and facial hair color as well??? Think it may be time for a break and if not fixed, I'll probably cut my losses and delete the game entirely. You guys make enough money but yet the players just keep getting taxed. Smh.
  • BradyBelleBradyBelle Posts: 1 New Member
    This update is the icing on the cake for me. I amy go back to my pc sims. Im pretty much just gna work with the stuff that I already have (thankfully Ive been playing for a while) because I refuse to pay those prices and TO PAY FOR COLORS? THAT IS ROBBERY!! Who goes to a store and pays more for clothes because of the color of them? NOBODY!! @ea Ive been loyal for much of my 40 yrs but it’s too much. I cant pick the careers I want, you cant but the cool stuff cuz it costs too much, and u certainly cant have any fun and play the game cuz ur constantly working or doing 700 hour evets, or your energy is low n its hard to come by cupcakes anymore. It must be a recession at the cupcake factory. And dont get me started on izzy and his pink jewels u can never get anymore to buy his items of clothing that r basically all the same piece. I had 4 of the same shirt w a different twinkle. 😫 Also, @ea, if Im spending my hard earned sim cash coins pumpkin pies xmas trees goats whatever on items, WHY ARE THEY BEING REMOVED FROM MY STORAGE?!?!?! This has happened to me SEVERAL times and is U ACCEPTABLE. Why would you steal it? If @ea read the forums they would know we are willing to sell things back!! Youve made a huge mistake u less you are trying to tank your game. If so, congrats. You’re doin a fine job.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I wish I had read the forums before updating my game. I didn’t even notice that!!!

That was the one thing I hated about sims free play that made me start playing Sims Mobile. The items are already super expensive. Why would I want to buy one color at a time and waste more of my hard earned coins and sim cash when I had the option of buying one item and being able to change the color as I please? And for CAS too??

I can’t believe we have to pay for each color. And for basic and popular colors, like black pants, EA is going to make us pay sim cash even though red pants for example would be in coins?? A purple beanie is 48 but the blue or black is 137 or something outrageous like that. Should’ve bought it when I had the chance. Smh. And how does it work if I have two sims with different hair colors?? I have to buy the same style twice just so they can both wear the same hair style? This not only makes the game disappointing and difficult but it makes it especially harder for new players. Lame. Please change it back!!!! :disappointed:

This is not even something we can get used to because it literally changes the game and not in a good way. My friends and I quit freeplay because we liked the freedom and personalization this game more. We could change the interior design color scheme or our hair colors/styles whenever and however we wanted. It already takes forever to gain coins and sim cash so the option of buying it once and having all swatches available was perfect. So, if this isn’t changed, I see a lot of people quitting. Terrible decision. Very disappointed.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

edited November 2018
    EA I dearly hope you're listening. I just read hundreds of one star Google play reviews.
    Post edited by Poumbi on
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi All,

I don't play mobile at all but a player friend of mine sent me the following info on this topic....

http://simscommunity.info/2018/11/27/the-sims-mobile-has-just-made-the-most-controversial-change-yet/
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I guess it's a good idea I gave this game up ages ago.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    This is why I haven't played mobile games in years. I didn't even consider getting Sims Mobile because I knew exactly this would happen.
  • BurrittoBurritto Posts: 1 New Member
    I definitely understand the people frustrated by the missing items and exorbitant costs, but I can't even play the game rn. I can never choose long shifts, and sometimes quick ones are missing too (so it's either quick/standard or only standard lengths). This makes LZ impossible and totally hampers regular gameplay.

The kicker is that I've force quit the game a few times to try and resolve this, but when I come back to the game, it totally bugs out. I was going a quick work shift, quit the game, and came back to "Long Hangout Completed".

The fact that a release was deployed without even checking to see if long events could be selected makes me think this game's future is in doubt. Can we at least get a notification if the game is not being supported going forward (and if not, could you please QA the core elements of the game before deploying future releases)?
    Hey everyone!! :D
    Check out @thesimsmobile on Twitter.
    Sorry I can’t link or post screen shots because of the forum newbie restrictions and points and stuff...

But this is what they said:
    [quote]Something is not right with the update and clearly has not worked as designed and we’ve heard from many of you that you’re seeing pricing levels much higher than we intended. We’re sorry for this!

As well, any item you owned before the update should include ALL color options.[/quote]

And...
    [quote]These are both being fixed ASAP.

Thank you for letting us know about this important issue, and again we apologize for the inconvenience.[/quote]

• rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    _Bulma_ wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! :D
    Check out @thesimsmobile on Twitter.
    Sorry I can’t link or post screen shots because of the forum newbie restrictions and points and stuff...

But this is what they said:
    Something is not right with the update and clearly has not worked as designed and we’ve heard from many of you that you’re seeing pricing levels much higher than we intended. We’re sorry for this!

As well, any item you owned before the update should include ALL color options.

And...
    These are both being fixed ASAP.

Thank you for letting us know about this important issue, and again we apologize for the inconvenience.

I do not know if I believe that much in what they said on twitter. So they did not see the prices during the internal tests? It seemed to me that they saw the simmers revolt and had to go back with the old prices.

It is not as if they did not know how much we hate lhamazoom and that the price of the bathtub in the surprise choices is extremely high.
    it's never been the same game to me after this