Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with Aspiration Rewards Trait

I am not sure if this was asked before, but was just wondering if the Aspiration Reward Traits (the ones you get after completing an Aspiration) would show on your simology panel? Because if they do, I don't know why they aren't showing for my sims who has completed an Aspiration :(

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    They should show, yes.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Oh... Darn wonder why it's not showing up on my Sims... hmmmm... thank you for the answer.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    which aspiration was it?
    edited November 2018
    @kalaksed the baron mansion one, I think that's what it's called. The one under the Fortune Aspiration. The Positivity Challenge doesn't show too, but I suppose that's not suppose too?

Updated: I created a new save (to test it), I just cheated the Fortune (and a few other Aspirations) and they did show up. But the challenge aspiration didn't. So it's weird that it shows up on that save, but not on the one that I am currently playing.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @estella_dee The reward from Positivity Challenge is visible in the Simology panel in my game; trait is called "Kindness Ambassador," something wierd is going on with your game, I think.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited November 2018
    don't forget that for the challenge aspiration to show up currently your sim has to actually call the event coordinator and start on the challenge (though you should be able to cheat the reward trait onto them without doing that)

...and if you're a collector type, those reward traits can really start piling up:
    89ffafdb404acaf496c1785ab8db85cb.png
    (this is the father in my main household, which has been played for the past two years. they've mastered virtually every aspiration, skill and such. though still need to work on the new get famous stuff, since i've been focusing on other sims with that)

and a screenshot of the location you'll find the positivity aspiration once it's unlocked:
    d1c8afd32fe13a00f04947ceaed71a77.png
  • PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    I didn't realise there was a trait that comes with the Positivity Challenge. I guess mines not working either.
    it's the reward trait for completing the positivity challenge. you need to collect every single poster from the... you know what, here. i'll link something that explains it all already... with pictures, too

post number the first: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16829487#Comment_16829487
    post number the second: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16829617#Comment_16829617
  • itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    ...and if you're a collector type, those reward traits can really start piling up:
    89ffafdb404acaf496c1785ab8db85cb.png
    (this is the father in my main household, which has been played for the past two years. they've mastered virtually every aspiration, skill and such. though still need to work on the new get famous stuff, since i've been focusing on other sims with that)

I do this. Tell me, can you still see how far along your sim is towards ageing up? Mine is off screen, but won't let me scroll up to see it :s
    i play with aging off, so no need to worry about that. and yeah...i couldn't scroll up between the pre-gf patch and get famous release. now that i have that pack, though, the fame/reputation bit comes in at the top, so you can finally scroll through the long collection of traits again
    edited November 2018
    @kalaksed I did everything in the Positivity Challenge and the trait did not show up. Also I was reading on other posts here, and it seems that the challenge itself is a little ummm buggy. There are others who cant even complete it, and others like me where the trait is not showing up. I had to use a cheat for the trait to show up in my panel (Trait.equip_trait Kindness_Ambassador).

It's annoying because I shouldn't have to cheat to get it. Oh well. With regard to the Fortune trait I just downloaded a mod so I can purchase the reward trait through Satisfaction Points. :neutral:

Thank you for the replies and help. Appreciate it. :smile:
    a lot of people didn't seem to understand how to select the new aspiration, that you needed to pick up all 4 posters from the boxes (or that you even got boxes in the first place) or that while you had the completed aspirations till your active aspiration you needed to call the event coordinator again and talk to her to complete it. a lot of weird steps compared to any other aspiration/challenge we've had previously

not saying the event's not had its share of bugs (because it has), but a lot of the issues have been traced to that. plus, there's always the looming presence of 'some mod isn't cooperating with it properly' with anything new introduced
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I normally hop from one aspiration to another to maximise points.
    @kalaksed ah then that must have been what I missed-- call Millie after I completed. Will try that with a new sim today whilst the event is still on.

I do want to ask you though, when the event is over we can no longer have new sims have that trait right? Because i am thinking of saving a sim with that trait on so I can just edit it on CAS if I wanted a sim with the Kindness Ambassador trait. Also read your post about the Aspiration trait you get when you the tutorial (thanks for that as well). Also thinking of creating base sims for those so I can edit them whenever I feel like creating new Sims and having those Aspirations/Traits. Hope they work (already saw a random townie having one of those Aspiration).
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @estella_dee, I think when the event is over we won't be able to do the challenge to get the trait, but you will still be able to add it with cheat codes if you want it. Be nice if they made it so that the interaction that sims who have done the challenge get could start the challenge for other sims once the event coordinator doesn't give it out.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    i'm actually hoping that the 'challenge to be kind' interaction unlocked with the kindness ambassador trait will unlock the challenge for sims that it's used on once the challenge is over. so far, it doesn't really seem to do anything (occasionally it'll make a sim go pick up dishes or trash) and the name sort of sounds like it's intended to unlock the challenge later. we'll just have to see in a few days, i suppose...
    Just FYI (and I thought it was funny), I edited Millie in CAS and found out she has a "mean" personality. Lol
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @estella_dee, I think when the event is over we won't be able to do the challenge to get the trait, but you will still be able to add it with cheat codes if you want it. Be nice if they made it so that the interaction that sims who have done the challenge get could start the challenge for other sims once the event coordinator doesn't give it out.

Oh that would be nice if they could do that to other sims. And thanks for the tip.