Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone wondering whats coming next for sims 4

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Feel free to join the speculation and rumors forum. It's fun to hear about possible hints and theories on what could be next. Things can get sour sometimes there, but it's best not to let that spoil your enjoyment.

I'm curious to know whether a GP or an SP (if those still exist) is next. And I hope something on my DLC wishlist comes soon. I personally like hotels and beaches for my sims. I'm not into certain supernaturals, but I do like witches, robots, and mermaids. I'd also like a body hair category. Right now I just use CC tattoos, and they look great, but it's not really the same. There are still a lot of ways for the game to expand. I've been disappointed by certain decisions before (like MFP), but recently they seem to be coming up with decent content.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    After the Seasons EP, I never expected that the next EP is the Get Famous. I thought that they will go with the University/Education pack before they're closing their fiscal year (with assumption it's ended on Dec 31). It seems like a smart move to 'carry forward' the potential profit from this pack next year. Nevertheless, I wish that the Education/University pack is next! :)

p/s : A good GP like the Vampire & Parenthood is most welcome! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    After the Seasons EP, I never expected that the next EP is the Get Famous. I thought that they will go with the University/Education pack before they're closing their fiscal year (with assumption it's ended on Dec 31). It seems like a smart move to 'carry forward' the potential profit from this pack next year. Nevertheless, I wish that the Education/University pack is next! :)

Actually EA's fiscal year ends March 31st not December 31st.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »

Actually EA's fiscal year ends March 31st not December 31st.

Thanks for letting me know. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we could at least turn phones off (like we could in a past version) then we could be closer to feeling as if our sims were lost on an island or in another era.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2018
    I hope something good because I'm not even buying GF and wasn't impressed with the fashion influencer career update or first person camera. It has been nothing but a storm of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lately for me. Don't care for any of it.

I also want University, a farming GP and Witches. But also, something most have not mentioned, I want a romance pack!!
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    If you don't mind using mods, Scumbumbo has a mod on MTS called "Unlisted Phone Numbers". It prevents anyone from calling or texting you unless you exchange phone numbers with them (except for the initial contact from Vlad or your employer if you're late for work). It stops the daily invitations to bars, etc., and all other contact. I've been using it a few weeks and I LOVE IT! It's also been updated for the GF patch.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    @Stormkeep, a majority of the game is involving the use of any electric device. Sims are drawn to them by obsession. It is like the sims are addicts to any and all electric devices. I have attempted to play households without them owning a TV, radio, computer, slablet, etc. A majority of the careers I have found do require the use of an electronic device at some point. I even hate that the sims resort to playing a game or surfing the web on their phones for fun and would disable that if possible.

We need a technophobe trait and Off-The-Grid game play.
    That might fix it, especially if they take in consideration simmers who don't want their sims to be so connected.
    Personally, I wish they would add land-lines for phones and Smart Phones as a purchase option.

Same!

But that would require them going back and changing all the venues to allow for a public phone booth. ( Or they could add one to build/buy and let us place them if we want it that way.)

I don't have high hopes for it because I still want to be able to build apartments in other places. A door like sims 2 would be good. If they can do a " bouncer door", they should be able to do an apartment door. I hope.
    Yes please i really want to be able to build our own apartments but do you really think they will be adding this just wondering?
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm hoping for another life state pack like vampires! :)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm always wondering what's coming next and can't wait to find out. As for what I think may come next, I have no idea. But I am hoping for a return in witches.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    I'm going to be honest - I really want University, it has been my hands down favorite pack since sims 2 even when sims 3 was boring I still was thrilled by it however, with how small Get Famous was in terms of the world it makes me nervous for University because you have to be able to have a huge campus and all the COLLEGE cafes (like yes we have tons but those are regular towns) and areas, idm rabbit holes for classes since those are boring to attend but we need the space, charm of college life and the accessibility for University otherwise it will, quite frankly, be disappointing.

Saying all that! The content I really hope we get for our next pack is a game pack and it is either a nice beach getaway (with the ability to swim!!) or a full on witch ep like Vampires because gurus I am dying to cast spells on others and maybe own a dragon or 5. In that sense I can also understand the world being not so big as long as there is some room and the scenery is pretty. OR a stuff pack about bands, because I want to rock out with sims!! Mic, keyboard, drums, guitar!! That was also so much fun in sims 2.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm leaning toward a supernatural pack, since it's been a while since the last supernatural pack. Personally, I'd prefer an education or hobbies pack for all ages, but I wouldn't say no to witches, as long as werewolves aren't included (or are at least optional).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think whatever they release in the next year (other than a stuff pack) will have some hints about the next Sims' game. Not kidding. lol Like how TS2 got a TS3 pc showing gameplay of TS3 for our Sims. Particularly if the next packs are released in 2019 there should be some hints about the game coming out in 2020.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Well, of course there's a certain amount of curiosity, however, I'm having so much fun with GF, that I don't dwell on what's next.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    What I want and expect are two different things. I want them to release something more supernatural since it really needs attention, not to mention make a patch with it like they did for seasons that revamps aliens, like they did with gardening.

I think a supernatural pack is at least a little likely, but University is more likely. Personally, I never really got into that aspect of the game and was kind of bored by it, so I won't be buying it, but a lot of others enjoyed it, so I expect it sooner than supernatural stuff, mainly because they seem to be on a realism kick right now.

I also expect cars to be patched in at some point in the next year, because del Sol valley has a lot of them and those driveway things. Personally, all I really care about are bikes, but if I could park cars on the side of the road, my Sims would be more likely to own them.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I have a new EP I've barely scratched the surface of. (Last night I spent hours adding terrain shaping to a few lots.) I'm good for a bit :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think whatever they release in the next year (other than a stuff pack) will have some hints about the next Sims' game. Not kidding. lol Like how TS2 got a TS3 pc showing gameplay of TS3 for our Sims. Particularly if the next packs are released in 2019 there should be some hints about the game coming out in 2020.

they haven't said anything about any other sims games so I wouldn't go that far maybe we'll get hints but I don't think it will be that soon
    they are really tight lipped about everything of late they wouldn't even tell us about the gallery update let alone sims 5 @Cinebar
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I was feeling pessimistic but I've been having a petty good time with this game. What a difference a cleaned-out mods folder and a few packs make... right now I hoping for cars and witches.
  • Options

they haven't said anything about any other sims games so I wouldn't go that far maybe we'll get hints but I don't think it will be that soon
    they are really tight lipped about everything of late they wouldn't even tell us about the gallery update let alone sims 5 @Cinebar

Sure, but though they say they don't give hints in the game, plenty of people found hints for all the EPs and GPs right? So, I think we will see many more hints as this game winds down it could be a painting (TS2) or something in the next EPs and GPs. :) And with hints about what is the next pack.
  • Options

Sure, but though they say they don't give hints in the game, plenty of people found hints for all the EPs and GPs right? So, I think we will see many more hints as this game winds down it could be a painting (TS2) or something in the next EPs and GPs. :) And with hints about what is the next pack.

well you never know
  • Options

well you never know

But I think the next pack will be something to do with school, not sure it would be a University pack, though. But it could be cars or road trip, with all the hints of fake cars in the new world. :D
  • Options
    Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member

well you never know

But I think the next pack will be something to do with school, not sure it would be a University pack, though. But it could be cars or road trip, with all the hints of fake cars in the new world. :D

I realy hope not cars!!! Cars are so boring.
  • Options

well you never know

I feel that it might be cars to but according to the gurus they aren't working on cars yet maybe they want it to be a surprise @Cinebar
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018

EA has always officially announced the new Sims series game about 16 month before it comes out. The only thing a picture did in Sims 2 was indicate the open world - but by the time we got the picture in the Gardens and Mansions ep we had already had the official announcement well over a year - and we even knew it was being worked on before that when Tim Letourneau let it slip he was heading the brand new Sims way back when he was showing Open for Business at the EA 3 the year it came out.

That's like the picture we saw that looked like the Riviera- we technically never got that world even though it is there, but it just a backdrop of store fronts we cannot even go over to in this game in the base game. Those pictures don't mean much obviously - but EA will officially announce it about 16 months before it comes out - they always do.

Besides unless you want another mess like Sims 4 was - you best be hoping it's not coming out in 2020 - it needs a lot more work than 2 years for a base. They only advertised the new jobs back in May or June I think it was.

Sims 2 was started even before they released Sims 1. Sims 3 was started right after Sims 2 came out by the second ep it was in full production. - keep that in mind. One other thing - there was actually no indication it was for the series even - as it was listed as a brand new Maxis game - which is not usually what they specify for the next series in this game. The only mention I've seen Andrew make was about wanting to do an AR game in Sims which definitely wouldn't be our Sims. I'd even say they were practicing as Firemonkeys announced FreePlay is doing some AR play for that game - they announced it during our live plays of Get Famous and showed a few things.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    For the next EP, probably gonna be University since they know that's what a lot of fans want. I've no interest in that myself. If they must do a school pack, I want it to be a true school pack. School for all ages, not just teens and young adults. I want the option to go to school with all ages (sans babies obviously). But since it seems like all age groups under young adults are given the shaft in every Expansion, I fully expect that to be the case whenever the school pack comes out too.