Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight November 23rd - A week on The Sims forums

EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
Sul Sul!

I hope everyone's been having a great week exploring Del Sol Valley!
ObjV9bH.jpg
Thanks to @Bambooram for the image from this hilarious post.
Please give feedback & callouts below, and have a great weekend!
Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_David -I've been taking part in ideas for quick game sessions and mentioned that my apocalypse challenge is a short one and that I can for a quick session play one family in one of my towns for a day and end the session with another family made active for the next run.I've only got the one family in my Sunset Valley2 game so far because the settlers just arrived in the summer of 1525 and it's just fall now.They'll likely become famous in history for being the first settlers of that fishing colony in the Massachusetts area in the 16th century.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Of course i use socks.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    Of course i use socks.

Not with sandals I hope ! ;)
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    Of course i use socks.

Not with sandals I hope ! ;)

Lol it depends on the set :-) But it´s a strange question if we need/use socks. I even could need more slots in Sims 4 not less with all that custom mods that improve the appearance.
  • Maw5785Maw5785 Posts: 4 New Member
    Not sure which discussion to put this under...but has anyone recently had a problem with there game getting stuck on the loading screen?

I recently downloaded seasons and the laundry day stuff pack, and started a new family. 2-3 hours later playing with the family I decided to go into CAS; but then the loading screen coming out of CAS took forever to load. Once the game actually loaded I noticed that everything was delayed. For example, pressing play/pause, buying items, and moving items were all delayed. So I restarted the game see if that would work, but of course it did not work. I then exited the game, took out all my CC one by one to find the problem, however that did not work. I also tried to repair my game, but that also didn't work. I even tried to go back to a previously saved file, but that didn't work either.
    Could this possibly be an issue with the past Nov. patch? If not, how do I fix this?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Maw5785 wrote: »
    Not sure which discussion to put this under...but has anyone recently had a problem with there game getting stuck on the loading screen?

I recently downloaded seasons and the laundry day stuff pack, and started a new family. 2-3 hours later playing with the family I decided to go into CAS; but then the loading screen coming out of CAS took forever to load. Once the game actually loaded I noticed that everything was delayed. For example, pressing play/pause, buying items, and moving items were all delayed. So I restarted the game see if that would work, but of course it did not work. I then exited the game, took out all my CC one by one to find the problem, however that did not work. I also tried to repair my game, but that also didn't work. I even tried to go back to a previously saved file, but that didn't work either.
    Could this possibly be an issue with the past Nov. patch? If not, how do I fix this?

Hello @Maw5785
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is also in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Test your current save again, between placing back each folder.
  • Maw5785Maw5785 Posts: 4 New Member
    Okay, I had tried to regenerate a new sims 4 folder and reset everything, the only folders I didn't touch were the "options" folders. But I will try this again in the morning and give an update. :)
  • PowderbrePowderbre Posts: 1 New Member
    NTT4D67 add me on sims mobile ??
  • TheRichSimmTheRichSimm Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there any news about get famous coming to CONSOLE? PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER OUR PRAYERS..
  • Jennsilva78Jennsilva78 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm trying to find what discussion to put this under but did anyone notice that in today's update we have to pay for colors on items now like not having to pay for highly priced items isn't enough now we have to pay for the colors and some of the prices for that isn't cheap like $38 for some of the colors and that's the normal colors like red,black or white for example. I thanks that's crazy.
  • 777Aqua777Aqua Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! Something that has been in my thoughts since purchasing the Sims4 for PC, was how Sims interact within each community or neighborhood. I really miss being able to saunter over to my neighbors houses and have a little nosey in the window, to see who was there. Lol. I mean, it seems creepy, but it was cool to look in from the street and see a sim watching TV late night; and know that they may hang out for a bit if I knock the door. Also, with that, it was really cool to go visit the book store and look across the street to see sims at the pool I hadn't seen in a while and just be able to go there and mingle, without waiting for load screens... but being able to see other sims living their duties while I did mine. Another cool thing, was that I didn't have to go straight home after work. If I left the Town Hall, I could go right next door to the park, where sims were already fishing and grilling. There, I might complete some important tasks or whims.