Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WCIF Some high-quality Wedding CC?

Looking for some new wedding cc to add to my game, I've been having a hard time finding some. Sorry if this has been done before.
I did a push-up today!
Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
I need some chocolate.

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Beo Creations makes very nice wedding clothing & accessories. For her Sims 3 stuff, make sure to select the sims 3(archive) small menu at the top. The downside to high-quality... her stuff is high poly count.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited November 2018
    I find it extremely easy to just pick an outfit already in the game that is the shape that I want, and just recolour everything white or off-white. The dresses from the Movie stuff pack are my fav's for wedding dresses. If whole dresses aren't what I'm looking for, I use tops and bottoms, again recolouring, with CaS. No internet searching and downloading required. As for props, as in decor there's a few good sets in the store.
    To make a lacy looking fabric, recolour everything white/off then pick one of the small circles in the pattern and make that a flesh colour (tiny bit off the centre of the colour wheel towards either brown or pink. To work out which spot makes the part of the pattern I want to change to flesh colour, I choose one of the spots and change it to red so it will be really obvious on the sim, then hit undo to put it back. The usual patterns I choose to make lacy are: the geometric small swirly pattern, the fabric viney/flower, and the fabric red/white paisely/flower. These also look effective if instead of making the parts flesh colour, making them silvery/grey. Then it's like jewelled/fancy embroidery/pearls/sequins.
    I have one very nice wedding dress downloaded from All About Style which was modeled off of Princess Kate's. Sadly I hear AAS is closed now but that some people have saved some of the stuff somewhere, there's a post about it around recently as a reply to another post with a link to the location of the stuff.

Here is the post about All About Style
    Pary wrote: »
    All About Style's site is gone. Judie has carpal tunnel. You can find what people have salvaged HERE in chicvibe's dropbox along with stuff from awesims and Luna.

P.S. White wedding dresses only started being traditional in the last couple of centuries, maybe even more recently.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited November 2018

P.S. White wedding dresses only started being traditional in the last couple of centuries, maybe even more recently.
    One of the (dis)advantages of having a history nut for a family member is I get to know a bunch of random facts.

I remember it being stated that white wedding dresses became popular after Queen Victoria chose to wear a white wedding gown upon her marriage to Prince Albert.

Just had to state this random tidbit. but then I could be wrong since I don’t often pay attention to aforementioned History Nut for a Relative. Carry on while I disappear back into my lurking state :D
    BwjY.gif
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Amphora wrote: »

One of the (dis)advantages of having a history nut for a family member is I get to know a bunch of random facts.

I remember it being stated that white wedding dresses became popular after Queen Victoria chose to wear a white wedding gown upon her marriage to Prince Albert.

Just had to state this random tidbit. but then I could be wrong since I don’t often pay attention to aforementioned History Nut for a Relative. Carry on while I disappear back into my lurking state :D
    BwjY.gif

Yeah I remember hearing or reading that somewhere too, but I've seen some historical drama TV shows and such, using white, that are set in times before Queen Victoria. It's probably that the shows got it wrong or are trying to please average audiences.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I second @SimplyJen's suggestion of BEO's dresses and the high poly-count makes her dresses stand out.
    Screenshot-132.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I recently used one of Beo's short dresses for a wedding. Her stuff is, as usual, amazing! :)

tgw01-20-86.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg