Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why i don’t want one pack for education

I’ve seen a lot of people suggesting one education EP for college and higschool but i do not think this is a good idea and here is why

The sims 4 ep’s feel more empty compared to sims 2/3 so i fear there will already be stuff left out in a uni ep but if they decide to make one big education pack i just feel like were going to get two great ideas poorly excecuted with a lot of stuff missing since sims 2/3 filled an entire ep with college stuff if they were to add high school to that would mean we get less stuff for the college so i suggest two packs one normal uni ep and an education one for higschool etc

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nah. I'd rather they get it all over and done with in one pack. >:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Nah. I'd rather they get it all over and done with in one pack. >:)
    Yeah i get that but i feat we will just get two half baked things bc it’s so much and i really don’t want that
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm with you there, I want them in separate packs too. I'm not too interested in grade/high school being revamped (outside of being able to send students off to private school, I want that back) but I'd probably buy it as it's own pack anyways to try out if I had the chance. What I really want is University and I want them to spend all of their time making it great instead of focusing on multiple things at once.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    I think it will be quite unsatisfying to play with until all the packs got released. Like imagine playing the grade school pack with your child sim and then woop, gotta wait 4 more months for the high school pack and then four more after that for the college one. It would also mean a year of just school related packs.. which might not interest everybody.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I definitely want a college pack, but I’m on the fence about revamping the school experience for kids and teens. I do want them to add an educator career, prom, and more after school activites though.
  • Options
    Reksoh wrote: »
    I think it will be quite unsatisfying to play with until all the packs got released. Like imagine playing the grade school pack with your child sim and then woop, gotta wait 4 more months for the high school pack and then four more after that for the college one. It would also mean a year of just school related packs.. which might not interest everybody.

It would just be two packs tho one for school and one for college as i don’t think grade/high school are so different and have so many other things they need 2 seperate packs
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just want University, I don't really care about High School.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree, I think they could do an EP solely dedicated to Uni since that’s what most people, including me, would be interested in. Then they could do a GP mostly focused on children/teen schooling for those who want that. I don’t think they would need to do separate packs for teens and children.

Lastly, it’s small but means a lot to me; I want school buses back! I miss seeing my sim kids get picked up by the school bus and watching them drive off! :disappointed:
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Maybe a stupid question, but... what exactly would a separate highschool pack add that isn't already in the game? Right now we have a grade system (base game), school projects (Parenting), the ability to create homework clubs (Get Together)... There's only so much you can do with school before it turns into university. If this is about playable school days, I don't think we need an extra EP just for that, and a teaching career would be better off in the university pack in my opinion, since you have to go to university to become a teacher (well, at least where I live).

But apart from that, yeah, I agree that I would rather have two separate packs with more content than only one where everything is half-baked at best, provided that there is enough content to split it into several packs (which in this particular case, I don't really see).
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yeah, Something always get left out. I would prefer more active career or class room settings than having a lot of dorm rooms like in previous iterations. I would like more field trip options for children like going to a science museum, maybe build a bear factory for kids or having a class picnic day. I think a class room setting could be a good way to skill build multiple Sims at once.
  • Options
    littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member
    I agree. It is available with a mod but mods kill my game. I hope one day they alow us to follow the kids to school.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don’t know what I want really... But, I predict that they will do a University only pack. Why? Well, so far Sims 4 has tended to take fewer themes than there were in, say, a Sims 3 pack, but then goes into more depth with them.

- Sims 3: Pets (unicorn, cat, dog, horse, small animals) Vs Sims 4: Cats and Dogs (only cats and dogs)
    - Sims 4 3: Late Nights (included vampires) Vs Sims 4: Vampires (whole gamepack for vampires)
    - Sims 3: World Adventures (3 destinations) Vs Sims 4: Jungle Adventure (one destination)
    - Sims 3: Late nights (included fame) Vs Sims 4: Get Famous (whole gamepack for acting and fame)
    - Sims 3 Ambitions (8 new jobs) Vs Sims 4: Get to Work (3 new jobs)
    - Sims 3: Generations (all life stages) Vs Sims 4: Parenthood (focus on children & teens and parents)

I think so far the strategy of quality over quantity is working well for TS4! Not that TS3 didn’t have quality - but I mean, some things weren’t as well fleshed out as they could have been (*cough* vampires *cough*).
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    You’re prepared to pay twice for what you got in one pack in the past? I mean, expecting/fearing it is one thing, but actually wanting it? Your topic might very well be an item on the next EA meeting’s agenda ;) “Look what they want! Less for more!”
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    IF they were going to split the education experience into two packs, I would want an EP first to add University to the game then an educational GP to revamp high school and elementary school for the kids. Otherwise, just stuff everything into one pack, call it an Educational pack and get it over with.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »

Elementary and high school could be combined in one pack, then University in a second pack. "Get To School" could bring back private school where you have to impress the headmaster (or an outright bribe would work >:) ), add in homeschool and "study from home" options like the CL careers, gardener in Seasons or the style influencer in the GF pre-pack patch, and customizable high schools for teens, plus events like graduation and prom. "Get to College" would focus more on lifelong learning; teens with good grades could have an option to get a headstart on University by taking classes in the evenings (rabbit hole), online learning or other projects, YA+ could then have the full university experience, or students could commute to campus from their homeworld or could study online for multiple degrees (for career changes) if they choose. Or high school and University could be included in one pack, then patch in improvements for grade school education (like privae school and homeschool/study from home) as part of the pre-pack patch, or grade school could be a GP and include active day care for toddlers (and babies if we ever #FreeTheBabies ).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2018
    Maybe a stupid question, but... what exactly would a separate highschool pack add that isn't already in the game? Right now we have a grade system (base game), school projects (Parenting), the ability to create homework clubs (Get Together)... There's only so much you can do with school before it turns into university. If this is about playable school days, I don't think we need an extra EP just for that, and a teaching career would be better off in the university pack in my opinion, since you have to go to university to become a teacher (well, at least where I live).

But apart from that, yeah, I agree that I would rather have two separate packs with more content than only one where everything is half-baked at best, provided that there is enough content to split it into several packs (which in this particular case, I don't really see).

A separate pack for grade school/high school could add the following:
    • Active day care career to take care of toddlers.
    • Private school for grade school and high school, with shorter school days (or maybe fewer days per week) but harder homework, and if the student fails they have to go back to public school but their parents don't get a refund. Have to impress the headmaster, though slipping him/her some money under the table would also work.
    • Homeschooling and study from home options (similar to recent careers such as gardening in Seasons, the new Style Influence career in the pre-GF careers, and the CL careers).
    • More after-school activities that tie in to skills or future careers.
    • Events like prom, graduation and such.

It wouldn't have to be an EP, either -- it could actually fit into a GP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You’re prepared to pay twice for what you got in one pack in the past? I mean, expecting/fearing it is one thing, but actually wanting it? Your topic might very well be an item on the next EA meeting’s agenda ;) “Look what they want! Less for more!”

No hahaha i think i said it wrong i personally want univeristy but a lot of people want an entire wducation pack wich i feel will be to much since ts4 ep’s are lacking so i rather have it be a separate ep instead of an half baked one
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like an Education Pack and a university pack but I think they will combine it in one, Why? Well I would like education for the kids to be combined with University like along with the university add boarding schools, home school, prom, homecoming, sports events (For highschool and college.), Wear costume, pajamas, dress up as a bear day for the elementary kids bring pet to school day. Field trips and more homework for the highschool kids and study for SATs and ACT for college. Graduation and a party for both highschool and college hang up diploma and degree. Also if teens drop out of school then the college should have a chance for drop outs to go back to school and get their diploma at any age from highschool to elder but only if they dropped out of school.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I would like an Education Pack and a university pack but I think they will combine it in one, Why? Well I would like education for the kids to be combined with University like along with the university add boarding schools, home school, prom, homecoming, sports events (For highschool and college.), Wear costume, pajamas, dress up as a bear day for the elementary kids bring pet to school day. Field trips and more homework for the highschool kids and study for SATs and ACT for college. Graduation and a party for both highschool and college hang up diploma and degree. Also if teens drop out of school then the college should have a chance for drop outs to go back to school and get their diploma at any age from highschool to elder but only if they dropped out of school.

Yess it sounds great but how do you think this plus all the other stuff that we had in previous uni ep’s is going to fit in one ep if it didn’t in the previous iterations even tho those ep’s where bigger so if they can could pull it off and make college and school fully fleshed out than i would he totally up for it but if not i don’t want it to miss a lot of the stuff
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I have a feeling we could potentially see a School pack this time around, it's been highly requested by fans since The Sims 2 days and it's something they have never done before. I would be very interested to see how they tackle it.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Yess it sounds great but how do you think this plus all the other stuff that we had in previous uni ep’s is going to fit in one ep if it didn’t in the previous iterations even tho those ep’s where bigger so if they can could pull it off and make college and school fully fleshed out than i would he totally up for it but if not i don’t want it to miss a lot of the stuff

Like they have done with seasons no one was expecting actual holidays to be added but it was added along with seasons. University is going to be a different world maybe like the camping and the jungle world. Like seasons they put in game play for holidays they can also do it for kids and teens along with the university pack granted some of the stuff I listed will be a rabbit hole for teens and kids but at least it's something for the kids and teens to feel like kids and teens. Now the university will still the university we all know along with new stuff they might throw in.
  • Options

Like they have done with seasons no one was expecting actual holidays to be added but it was added along with seasons. University is going to be a different world maybe like the camping and the jungle world. Like seasons they put in game play for holidays they can also do it for kids and teens along with the university pack granted some of the stuff I listed will be a rabbit hole for teens and kids but at least it's something for the kids and teens to feel like kids and teens. Now the university will still the university we all know along with new stuff they might throw in.

Well i hope once/if released it will be amazing
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2018
    I doubt most people would be interested enough to spend their money on almost the same thing twice. (Not hating on the idea though)
  • Options
    No i get what you mean i just don’t want university to have less stuff bc of other schooling stuff
    I doubt most people would be interested enough to spend their money on almost the same thing twice. (Not hating on the idea though)

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd prefer they did High School pack and we not see a third University rehash its time we see something new and teens need a way you can follow them all day young adults already have it. I do agree combining both would end up making both bad as Sims 4 does not have the budget to do 2 things right sadly.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"