Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Proposal rejected with full bars? [fixed]

citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
A little background.
My sim had proposed to his girlfriend on Harvestfest and she rejected him. The friendship bar was about half full and the romance bar was all the way full.
A week later on Winterfest I had him try again. They were Best Friends and Soulmates by this point and she again rejected him. What am I doing wrong?
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Post edited by citysimmer on

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Perhaps she is noncommital?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    This is a bug.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I've had this happen too. I think it's a bug too. It's really unusual.
    giphy.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Perhaps she is noncommital?

No, she is romantic, family oriented, neat
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    SimGuruIcarus is asking for the save game files of simmers who are having this issue in their games.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SAVES-NEEDED-Constant-Rejected-Proposal/m-p/7150460/highlight/true#M74590

I quit without saving after the rejection, I'll try again and see if it happens again so I can submit a save
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had a proposal accepted today. I play mod-free.
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    Were they both in good moods? I've had Sims reject other Sims because they're feeling tense or something at the time of the proposal.
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
    Were they both in good moods? I've had Sims reject other Sims because they're feeling tense or something at the time of the proposal.

She was flirty, he was happy
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Was the proposal outside per chance? For some reason, others report the proposal will succeed if it happens indoors, but fail outdoors. It's definitely a bug. I've had the same thing happen to me in the past and just a couple hours ago at the Romance Festival. I forgot about the bug. D'oh! Felt soo bad for my Sim, she was very embarrassed. o.O But, I realized what happened this time and they're back together.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Was the proposal outside per chance? For some reason, others report the proposal will succeed if it happens indoors, but fail outdoors. It's definitely a bug. I've had the same thing happen to me in the past and just a couple hours ago at the Romance Festival. I forgot about the bug. D'oh! Felt soo bad for my Sim, she was very embarrassed. o.O But, I realized what happened this time and they're back together.

It was indoors, in a San Myshuno apartment.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I've found having both in a flirty mood helps. Usually. Did have one sim reject a proposal while both were flirty when they were indoors. I'm going to try again after they become soulmates to fulfill her aspiration.
    image.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Okay, guess the bug has spread now to all areas in the game with no rhyme nor reason. Ug, now I'm hesitant to have my Sim ask her boyfriend again. Guess I'll have her continue playing the field for awhile. I hope everything works out for your Sims @citysimmer and for everyone else too.
  • GARRICK20GARRICK20 Posts: 237 Member
    I have this happen a lot. Mostly with my vampire sims. Normally you have to get the sim to propose two or three times in a row for it to be accepted.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My Sim proposed at the Spice Festival and got rejected, but both of them were Uncomfortable because it was lightly raining. Later in the evening, they were both Flirty so I tried again and got an acceptance. So I think mood has a lot to do with the acceptance rate. Also, if they have full romantic bars but the friendship bars aren't as high that might affect the rejection; she may have seen him more as a Friend with Benefits or a Mr. Right Now rather than Mr. Right. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Your sim knows all their traits right? I've had sims be rejected because of that before.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Recently this happened to me. Like friendship bar and romantic bar was full, both flirty as well. Got them like that 4 times and each time, she rejected him. They were both in active household I played... knew each others traits and jobs, were even best friends. I deleted that new save cause it ticked me off too much. Retried in another new save, made sure all that was the same and their conversation in the "Steamy" stage and first proposal was accepted.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited November 2018
    This just happened for the first time ever in my game tonight and it really surprised me. :open_mouth: My mouth literally fell open. :lol: Both relationship bars were maxed out, they were considered "soulmates", their needs were perfect, and the female sim had the whim to get married, while the male had the whim to propose to her. Once she rejected him, I paused the game and started looking around here to see if anyone knew what could trigger a rejection. I can't remember which thread it was on, but someone mentioned that entering into a relationship then following it too quickly with a proposal could be a problem. My female sim had a moodlet that said the timing wasn't right, so it seems plausible. All other sims I've played had been in relationships weeks upon weeks before proposing, whereas these sims had only been together a couple days. I also realized I skipped over the other things I've done in the past that resulted in accepted proposals, so I waited a few more sim days, applied the steps I normally follow, tried again, and it worked. Here's what I did in case it helps anyone... :smile:

1.) Wait at least a sim-week before popping the question.
    2.) Make sure both sims know each other's traits and careers, and make sure their relationship bars are well-established.
    3.) If you can, ensure both sims are in good moods and that their needs are met. Also, if possible, make sure they're without negative moodlets.
    4.) Get the sims to flirt with one another until in "Flirty" moods and progress the conversation until it reaches a "Steamy" state. Perform only romantic interactions leading up to proposing, as performing friendly socials will cause the "Steamy" state to dwindle away.

• AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I forget when this started happening but it is getting so annoying that I rarely marry my sims anymore. I recently tried again though - both bars full, both very flirty, soulmates, live together, have kids together, no traits that would cause a rejection (like non-committal) - still failed. What is bad is that they get so embarrassed that they can die. I tried like 4 more times switching off which sim proposed - all failed. Then finally, the next one worked. Sheesh.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    This happened with me too! Jade proposed to Bjorn and he rejected her. And yes, it's a horrible match. And yes, she's only proposing because he's a famous politician. And yes, he has commitment issues. And no, she doesn't realize that he has no money because it went to his first wife in the divorce, he drinks way too much "juice", has illigitimate children all over the worlds, and has a dubious past with vampires. But even still, they have high bars and the proposal should have worked.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have this going on in my save. Since I play rotational it has come up a few times now.

None of the sims have any traits that would be negative for marriage. They know each others traits and jobs, they have been together for the entire fall, winter and half of spring and have a child. Also they are best friends and soulmates. Have tried giving them potions to get rid of all negative moodlets beforehand.

Oh well, guessing it is a bug. Just because I see it coming up while I rotate around my world trying to get my sims hitched with limited success. So far I had 1win and 4 losses between all my couples and they have always had friendship and romance maxed out and in good mood.
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I have had this happen too. MC Command Center is a huge help with this glitch though, since you can add someone as a spouse through MCCC (I only do it this way if it is a grown up child who I am trying to marry before moving them out - if it were with a sim I was going to continue to play with in the household, I would want it to be done "right").
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    This happened to me on Friday. Paolo Rocca and his girlfriend have a maxed out relationship (both romance and friendship) and she still said no. She was in a good mood too.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Think I will use MCCC even for my main family. It is so sad to have them both embarrassed all the time, trying to juggle toddler/life/work. If it was just something from gameplay like when one of my sims tried to marry her non-committal girlfriend then it is fun gameplay. When it is pretty much every single proposal you try ingame it starts feeling a little bit sad.

Even the Loveguru said that their relationship was one for the ages or something sappy like that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This is a known bug since several patches ago. It might have come with the Seasons Patch.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I know it's a bug and mighty annoying, but it can be turned around and used for story-telling sometimes too. I had my Sim's love life all sorted out - she was going to marry her first love Barrett. I had her propose three times, and each time Barrett, the muppet, refused (his loss; my Sim is a sweetie). So, after she'd got over her humiliation, she called up a cute guy she'd dated a bit as a teen. They hit it off really well, and a few Sim weeks later my Sim (and I!) plucked up the courage to propose - he accepted immediately and they're now inseparable. So, what started off as a really aggravating situation has worked out really well!