Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discussion: Acting Career and Its Major Problems

phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
I've been sitting on this topic for a few days. I'll have a summary at the bottom for our TLDR readers. The goal of this post was to do a breakdown of the career after I have explored it fully. I'm going to talk about things from a perspective of efficiency and cost vs time investments.

So before I go off and start listing the issues let me breakdown how the entire actor career works in a paragraph or two so that everyone (myself included) doesn't get lost later when I'm discussing different issues. Obviously the jumping off point is joining the career via the phone. Afterwards you pick a agency to represent you, and there are four. Really though only three benefit you and they each benefit you better at a different stage of the career. Everyday extras will give you access to some TV shows early on which is helpful as they pay a bit more. G.R.A.N will get you into gigs that you would normally not have available at your career level (IE higher level gigs). Lastly Well Suited Talent Agency (WSTA) will give you a pay bump of around 15% for prime time TV/Movie actions and dramas.

After agencies comes auditions and some of the first issues that pop up for me. You basically use the menu or the phone to bring up a list of gigs. You pick the one you want and you get to audition this takes 1 day. After passing you get an extra day for preparations and on the third day you shoot. In total the time from bringing up the auditions menu and getting paid is 3 days MINIMUM.

Problem 1): The time between booking gigs and shooting is way to long after level 7. At this point in the career you should have worked on most of the skills needed. Even if you didn't your skills only get you the audition they don't seem to effect your on the job performance. Even if you take the celebrity perk "established name" it still does not remove the audition day from your schedule. Its still three days from audition to shoot. Later on in the career 8+ this becomes a detriment more than a perk. If you have the skills to pass the audition then whats the point of the perk? Its a waste. No matter what perks you take or how you play 3 days is required to complete one gig. This means in an ideal world where your sim is always on the ball, you can only work twice a week (maybe three times if you happen to be shooting on Sunday). If you take a day off or fail an audition then you might be able to only work once a week. ONCE A WEEK. I don't really know why they wouldn't let us book multiple gigs back to back so that we could stack our schedules.

Problem 2): Compensations and the main point of this post. I'm going to make somewhat of a bold statement and say under certain circumstances acting career has worst pay of all the careers in the game at level 10 compared to other level 10 careers. Although it does the potential to under pay at lower levels too.

The list of gigs available to an actor range from around to 400$ to 6,500$. If these 6,500$ gigs happen to be prime time dramas or action genre's then the WSTA will bump it up to 7,2-7,300$. This the MAX amount of money you will see from this career per gig. I talked with other simmers and they have verified that 6,500$ is the highest paying gig that they have seen. Since we have already established that you can only work twice a week, this means 14,600$ is the MAX amount of income you will see per week (give or take a few hundred for margin of error). That is an absolute. There are no other factors, no bonuses, no raises, no perks, and no other extraneous factors. MAX.

Lets take a moment to compare to other careers without perks or raises that are normal careers.
Interstellar Smuggler (Astronaut): $14,868 weekly.
Botanist (Gardner): $14,700 weekly.
Angel Investor (Business) is: 12,992$ weekly.
Villain (Secret Agent): $12,875 weekly.
One from active careers GTW:
Chief of Staff (Doctor): $11,200 weekly.

Now all these careers are roughly equal to the acting career on a even playing field. However all these careers can get raises (including GTW careers), while acting cannot. Also there is one tiny factor here that completely over shadows everything else. It has been stated by several simmers that the level 5 celeb perk "easy street" does not double the pay check of any active career GTW or GF. Meaning that 14,868$ a week from smuggler just turned into almost 30,000$. Add in raises into that mix and its.....excessive. BUT please note I haven't had time to verify this fully myself but I have seen a post about it and several other simmers mentioning it. Even if the perk does/did work raises by other careers still causes the same effect. Any career given time will overshadow acting in terms of compensation. Also one final point before I move onto my last rant. All those careers I listed, they all require 2 skills max to level for promotions. Acting uses comedy, fitness, guitar, and charisma up to level 7 and acting up to level 10. That's 5 skills almost all near max compared to 2 skills maxed. I take this into consideration when valuing my sims cost vs time evaluations.

Problem 3): Median pay and why 6,500$ is not median pay. The game lists the median pay for the acting career at levels 8-10 as 9,800$. Let me be clear here. The language used in game is "Median Gig Pay: 9,800$". This means what it says the MEDIAN payments PER-GIG meaning one job, is 9,800$. This is not correct in the slightest. I've made a post about this on another thread, instead of re-bottling my passion and retyping it, ill just copy past it.
ALSO WHY IS MEDIAN GIG PAY LISTED AS 9,800? Median pay or salary is the mid point of a distribution of payments or salaries. Meaning if you get payed this YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTRIBUTION. Meaning there are payouts less than this and payouts more than this. My current offerings are 8 gigs minimum of 490 maximum of 6,500. My median pay at level 9 is 9,800. This makes no sense. Why state such a high value as a median if you will never see it at all? Its a median....there should be gigs offering much higher paychecks than even the 9,800$ we already don't have the option of getting.

Currently I believe the real median pay per gig is around maybe IDK like 2-3,000$? This seems right given a low end of 400$~ and a high end of 6,500$. If my basic understanding of statistics is correct with a median pay of 9,800$ we should be looking at a high end payment of around 20,000$~ per gig, 40,000$~ a week and 80,000$~ per week if easy street was working for acting.

My honest suggestion to the devs is do a scaling gig pay. IE the higher you go in the career the more people will pay you on different gigs. Its currently on a scale of 400-6500 so lets say you are level 8 it should maybe go to 900-10,000. Maybe at level 10 go from 1,500-18,000. It makes sense after all you pay more to hire a celebrity actor to do a commercial then a nobody. But you also don't pay them as much as like a big box office film. Makes sense and its real world grounded.

Ideally I'd like to be correct on all my points (I'm just a person I may not be) and have the values adjusted accordingly. I believe that get famous marketed the "lavish" and "excessive" life style and I'd like to think the actor career was designed to give our sims these goals in mind. I'm honestly not sure if 80,000$ a week seems fair but it was more in line with what I was expecting. The low pay and low fame gain (a problem I won't talk about here as the post is to long already) only makes level 10 feel....not very glamorous. You will be working around 7 weeks for 100,000$ mansion which is on the lower end for mansions. And that off the cuff estimate is based on you having no expenses and constantly getting the best gigs. Also please don't say you can paint, garden, write, etc. You can do that with literally any other career as supplemental income. Overall I just want to see the some of the changes I mentioned worked into a patch.

Last paragraph I promise. I made this post because I love the acting career. Its my favorite career in the series so far. Its got a good flow, good variety (as much as can be expected for careers so far), and overall its fun. There is so much to do on and off the set that you can really get the feel for the life of an actor. The at home tasks of preparing really makes you feel like your diving into your role. I knew it was special to me when I started to doing things I no longer needed to do (prework tasks, dressing up, make up etc) because I thought they were good story elements. I have lots of fun RP'ing it so I just wanted to point out these observations.

Fine fine TLDR:
Make "Easy Street" double paychecks for acting career. It doesn't.
Make median gig pay higher across the board and accurate to what it says in game. It isn't.
Alternatively make median gig pay scale with acting level so that different gigs pay differently at different level. It doesn't.
Make "established name" cut down on the number of days it takes to complete a gig. down to 2 from 3. Again it doesn't.

Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
JOVa2Sn.jpg

Comments

• pdentpdent Posts: 15 Member
    I agree so much with everything you’ve said. I’ve had to supplement my sims acting career and turn aging off (which I’ve never done before) in order to make it possible for her to be rich before she ages up.

A couple more things that bug the heck out of me. They say they put a lot of effort into the acting career, and on some elements it’s very clear that they did. Everyone does what they’re supposed to do which for a start is great considering the mess that was GTW. However, the actual acting is repetitive and often out of character. It doesn’t matter what show/movie you’re in, a flirt looks the same in all of them. What’s more, my sim was supposed to be in a romantic film wearing tap dancing shoes and in her dance scene, she broke out into a big hip hop move - the same animation we already had in the game. It really takes the immersion away for me & seems a little cheap.

It also takes almost no more time to do a movie than it does to do a tv show. Further, I would have thought they’d have you audition for a tv show, then have you filming every day over the next few days. A movie even longer. To me that solves the issue of the huge gap between gigs and also makes it more realistic.

I do overall like the career a lot and like you find myself playing stories so much more creatively, but some of these things I’m surprised were never proactively solved by the team before the game was released.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree with some of this. For me, the only changes I find necessary are raising the pay to reflect the shown median of $9800 and fixing Easy Street. With just that, I believe the career would pay out enough.

80K a week is excessive to me. I wouldn't mind the payout being so high if the career were more difficult, but it's brain-dead easy. I get that movie stars should be wealthy, and It's fine to throw money at me for deciding to make my sim a movie star... but at least make me work for it. Otherwise, the other careers that are harder to play and pay way less will feel so unsatisfying to choose.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    edited November 2018
    pdent wrote: »
    I agree so much with everything you’ve said. I’ve had to supplement my sims acting career

sounds like real life to me.. and I don't even have Get Famous
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited November 2018
    I also don’t understand why it says « medium pay : 9.800 simoleons but my sim never gets payed more than 6.500/7000.
    And yes they have several days without working, that’s too long.
    Also the roles and scenes are always the same too.

And with the high bills and stuff, let’s just say my sim isn’t about to be able to afford à mansion In The Pinnacles anytime soon.......
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    I think they made it so that sims have time to work on their fame while waiting for the gig days.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think they made it so that sims have time to work on their fame while waiting for the gig days.

And also to work on the skills that they need to improve their performance.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    I noticed this as well. But my sims do not just do acting. They also stream, and perform for tips. I also have them take pictures to sell, and paint. If your sims sells their painting at a high skill level they get fame and money. One of my sims has also been using the new music making table to make music and release songs. So I have extra money coming in from those things. But I do agree that the pay needs to be more for acting. And that we should be able to take multiple gigs. I have two actors. So the day that one actor is not working the other one works.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I agree so much with everything you’ve said. I’ve had to supplement my sims acting career

THIS! The OP needs to realize how true to life it is to have to have a supplemental job when you are an actor! I actually like this! I bet the big bucks are somewhere in the game. The stars must align!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I like the struggle, but there should be a tipping point where the really big bucks kick in.
    That should be upon reaching the 4 or 5-Star level from either the corporate/Brand path, or the Skills path.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I agree with some of this. For me, the only changes I find necessary are raising the pay to reflect the shown median of $9800 and fixing Easy Street. With just that, I believe the career would pay out enough.

80K a week is excessive to me. I wouldn't mind the payout being so high if the career were more difficult, but it's brain-dead easy. I get that movie stars should be wealthy, and It's fine to throw money at me for deciding to make my sim a movie star... but at least make me work for it. Otherwise, the other careers that are harder to play and pay way less will feel so unsatisfying to choose.

I very much agree that 80k is unreasonable and It likely won't happen. I will be surprised if they bump it up at all, its not something they usually touch in their patches. But I should state if they raise their pricing to reflect the median AND make easy street work 80,000$ a week will be the results (these are rough estimates of course it might be more or less). But I somewhat disagree with you on being a brain dead easy career. Its straight forward maybe but not necessarily easy. I think its very deceptive in the sense that you can get promoted off one gig no matter what level you are if you do the requirements. But you have to realize that you need to level the 5 skills necessary for the career up to 7 and do your daily tasks (which admittedly are not hard) to progress. AND you can only progress once every 3 days. Of course you can do none of these things but you will eventually fail in one area by pigeon holing yourself into only taking gigs you have the skills for which eventually results in a pay cut in an already payment dry career. Its takes a lot of babysitting one sim to excel and then you might have a family too!

Just my opinion however not necessarily fact :smile:

ONWARDS!
    alan650111 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

THIS! The OP needs to realize how true to life it is to have to have a supplemental job when you are an actor! I actually like this! I bet the big bucks are somewhere in the game. The stars must align!

True to life is why I made this post. Median pay in game currently not how median pay works in real life (from my understanding). But much more so is there are actors every day who do nothing but act and are richer than most. Supplementing income for lower levels is very understandable and with the two days down time even maybe optimal. But level 10 global super star actors should not be making less money than every other career. Its just not realistic or very fair (that's also an opinion).

But if you want big bucks look no further than media production. Very easy to level and even easier to compound royalty payments into massive paychecks. Its actually more beneficial to take the media production side (left) of the celebrity perk side than the right side which is career focused. I honestly can't think of a perk in the right side that actually effects acting in a meaningful way. I can go down into my studio and crank out a song in 5 seconds which makes me 450$ a day in royalties for a few weeks. Its even crazier with actually making vlogs and other things.

But my point of the post was that I shouldn't HAVE to do this to see massive returns. Acting is the star (get it) of the pack. Its a big feature. I feel like it should stand out from the others and it does in a lot of ways. Just not in the payment department. Especially when they game wants you to spend 100,000's of thousands on burning money, throwing it, sleeping pods, vaults, tiger stripped furniture etc. You wont be making that kind of money from acting. Skills still dominate the money making department: painting, media, writing, etc. And even regular careers got a major bump with easy street doubling their paychecks (that 30k from smuggler is no joke). I just want actor to feel the love too.

Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    But I should state if they raise their pricing to reflect the median AND make easy street work 80,000$ a week will be the results (these are rough estimates of course it might be more or less).

How? With two gigs per week wouldn't that make it more like 40k? I might be missing something, though?
    But I somewhat disagree with you on being a brain dead easy career. Its straight forward maybe but not necessarily easy. I think its very deceptive in the sense that you can get promoted off one gig no matter what level you are if you do the requirements. But you have to realize that you need to level the 5 skills necessary for the career up to 7 and do your daily tasks (which admittedly are not hard) to progress. AND you can only progress once every 3 days. Of course you can do none of these things but you will eventually fail in one area by pigeon holing yourself into only taking gigs you have the skills for which eventually results in a pay cut in an already payment dry career. Its takes a lot of babysitting one sim to excel and then you might have a family too!

Just my opinion however not necessarily fact :smile:

That's fair, an opinion is an opinion and I see where you're coming from. But there were a few reasons that I label the career as easy.

First, although they have a lot of skills to train, they get so much time off from gigs to work on those skills that I don't even see it as a disadvantage. As for the actual gigs themselves, they're practically the same throughout the entire career. Every day on the job is just mindless pointing and clicking. It doesn't take very long, either. While I played through the career there wasn't one day that I didn't finish the job hours ahead of schedule, even before I got the perk to skip costume and makeup.

Looking at the Doctor career, as an example, there was just way less decision-making and consequence. In that career I had to take mental notes and make observations in order to complete my goals for the day. I'd stay late practically every day and barely finish the goals. It makes acting feel so easy to me in comparison. If Actors were making 6-8x what Doctors make with the job being as simple as it is, playing a Doctor would feel like such an unsatisfying use of my time.

Of course, the Doctor career is probably one of, if not the hardest in the game so it's probably not the most fair comparison to make... but I think even certain rabbit hole or work from home careers are more difficult than acting is.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Very insightful read, very much enjoyed it. Although I did have to look up what TLDR meant which I can say that I (usually) am not :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DannyYokDannyYok Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm with you. I think these are bugs and I hope they will fix it soon.
    edited November 2018
    But I should state if they raise their pricing to reflect the median AND make easy street work 80,000$ a week will be the results (these are rough estimates of course it might be more or less).

How? With two gigs per week wouldn't that make it more like 40k? I might be missing something, though?

Medians are typically mid point values in a distribution of population or sample data. I'm assuming if all else being equal that if the lowest data value in a distribution of payments is 400~ and the median is 9,800 that the max should be around 20,000~. That's not necessarily the correct value but more of an estimate. If the max gets much higher then the median is not actually 9,800 it would be higher. For an example currently if you took all the gigs available in the game at this moment, 400~-6,500 is the interval. Then I would guess using my limited knowledge of math and stats that the median is ACTUALLY around 2-3000.

So 20,000$ per gig. Then you get two a week for 40,000$. Double that with easy street for 80,000$. Obviously I'm doubling potentially incorrect values so I'd say a 70-85,000 range might be more appropriate. Still around 80,000$.

Even if your estimate of 40,000$ is right its more than double the current pay. So I'd be happy with even that.
    First, although they have a lot of skills to train, they get so much time off from gigs to work on those skills that I don't even see it as a disadvantage. As for the actual gigs themselves, they're practically the same throughout the entire career. Every day on the job is just mindless pointing and clicking. It doesn't take very long, either. While I played through the career there wasn't one day that I didn't finish the job hours ahead of schedule, even before I got the perk to skip costume and makeup.

Looking at the Doctor career, as an example, there was just way less decision-making and consequence. In that career I had to take mental notes and make observations in order to complete my goals for the day. I'd stay late practically every day and barely finish the goals. It makes acting feel so easy to me in comparison. If Actors were making 6-8x what Doctors make with the job being as simple as it is, playing a Doctor would feel like such an unsatisfying use of my time.

Of course, the Doctor career is probably one of, if not the hardest in the game so it's probably not the most fair comparison to make... but I think even certain rabbit hole or work from home careers are more difficult than acting is.
    Yea you are right. As far as careers go I think the doctor career is the most "active" career we have. The feeling of learning illnesses along side your sim was very fun. It requires that YOU make the decisions rather than the sim. But it really only requires one skill (logic) and even then its more career level based. Its harder on the player than the sim I would say.

Regardless I think you make some fair points. But I still think certain careers should earn more than others, I think actor should be one of those. I do think its harder on the sim in the career than most (not all). I think the career pay should at-least reflect that. Beyond that as I've stated I personally feel like money was a big focus of this pack, and the career salary looks out of play for a pack of this theme.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    It would be interesting if your fame level attributed to how much you go paid in acting. Like a 2 star celeb would get 1.5x more than 1 star, 3 would get 2x, etc. A one star celeb would get 500(normal), a five star celeb would get 1,500. That would make a little more sense.
    I was really confused with the whole median income thing, the numbers were not adding up.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited November 2018
    I wonder if there is supposed to be Skill Level 10 gigs that aren't unlocking which are supposed to be the $9,800 median? I was extremely surprised that there wasn't any!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited November 2018
    I wonder if there is supposed to be Skill Level 10 gigs that aren't unlocking which are supposed to be the $9,800 median? I was extremely surprised that there wasn't any!

It wouldn't surprise me. Its very strange that levels 8-10 nothing changes for you besides the bonuses you get. You still get the same median pay (well you know...) and same gigs. You unlock more BB sets but I didn't see much of a change. I did notice (at least it seems to me) that you get way more fame at level 10 from completing movies and stuff but by then you should already be 4-5 stars so it does not matter to much.
    DannyYok wrote: »
    I'm with you. I think these are bugs and I hope they will fix it soon.
    You know I think based on nothing but my opinion, that most of these were not bugs. Obviously "easy street" not doubling pay checks for active careers seems like a bug. But the long audition days, the low gig pay, and the median pay values all seem like the could have easy been intended to be as they are right now. Which makes it much more unlikely to change from my observation of their patches over the years. But honestly most of the career could be bugged too, it can really go either way. I mean editing sims in CAS aged them up through elder not just a week ago, so honestly anything is possible at this point.

I think the scenario that will happen is that they patch easy street so that GTW and GF are working again. But I don't know if the actual values will ever be touched. They can be and the devs have done it before with paintings I believe. But all I'm saying is it doesn't happen often.

I think most of posts here agree that some adjustment is in order (how much adjustment is up for debate though).
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Apologies for the semi-necro, but I'm spitballing for a mod to raise gig payments; what, in your esteemed opinions, would be a fair multiplier of the current min/max values? Thee are the 'between' figures that are given when you ring up for gigs from your agencies.

For instance, 10x across the board, or commercial gigs say 10x and movie/tv gigs 5x ? Would love to hear your opinions. TIA.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow I actually like the time between gigs. I like my sims being able to enjoy other things however I love options. OP, your idea to allow the ability to take more gigs sounds great to me.

I also like how my sims are not getting paid a lot of money for gigs. Some of my low end actors are struggling in a city apartment which is realistic to me. Having said that, once sims start reaching celebrity level 4 and 5, they should be in more demand and therefore get higher pay.
    edited January 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Wow I actually like the time between gigs. I like my sims being able to enjoy other things however I love options. OP, your idea to allow the ability to take more gigs sounds great to me.

I also like how my sims are not getting paid a lot of money for gigs. Some of my low end actors are struggling in a city apartment which is realistic to me. Having said that, once sims start reaching celebrity level 4 and 5, they should be in more demand and therefore get higher pay.

I think booking multiple gigs is more realistic and provides that pay bump its a win win and adds a bit more depth. Either way I'm glad you liked the idea. As for the low pay early on I agree. My sim was struggling to pay his bills for a long time. I went an entire week without power or water when I finally paid the bill to get my stuff turned on it was such an accomplishment. However like you said after about level 5-6 I began to realize that I'm making about as much now as I'm ever going to make in this career which is just astonishing really. Plateauing out even before hitting level 8 should really really not be a thing.

Side note and a tad bit off topic:

Ultimately I ended up converting a retail store into a film studio and began recording movies on drones. I have an editing office where my films get processed. So my sim still gets to act and his partner is the camera operator and executive producer. I have a club from get together where I have my other actors so I can set their outfits and have them act along side my sim. Its honestly been a great choice I'm up to 4500 a day.

Pic for those interested
    RXMfWgN.jpg
    aldavor wrote: »
    Apologies for the semi-necro, but I'm spitballing for a mod to raise gig payments; what, in your esteemed opinions, would be a fair multiplier of the current min/max values? Thee are the 'between' figures that are given when you ring up for gigs from your agencies.

For instance, 10x across the board, or commercial gigs say 10x and movie/tv gigs 5x ? Would love to hear your opinions. TIA.

@aldavor
    My personal opinion is that pay should be based on celebrity/career level in relation to the gig you have. I understand modding is no easy task even for simple textures. If you want to discuss this option we can but for now ill answer the question you asked specifically.

Commercials I believe are fine, they range from around ~450$
    Day time TV averages out to be around ~1250$. I would prefer this number to be higher around 2-3,000$. Its a wide range but I have to consider it being to much money to give sims early on in their career. I would say stick closer to 2,000$.
    Prime time TV averages out to be 2,750$ roughly this is where the curve should start trending up IMO. My gut tells me 4,500-6,000$ and that seems fair for sims starting to reach the end of their career as well as gaining some fame.
    Movies need to be 10,000+ preferably closer to 12,000$. These are the gigs you get at the end of your career so they should pay like it. That puts you at 24,000$ a week which is a starting point I think.

I don't think that 24,000$ at level is necessarily enough but it I thinks a good bench mark to work around.

These are my recommendations based off the top of my head. Its very hard to gauge because the struggle should be hard in the beginning but should quickly gain massive traction after being promoted and getting famous. Prime time TV and movie stars make massive bank in real life. Especially TV. I think the career is very balanced in the beginning, okay in the middle, and terrible at the end. At the same time these gigs are not necessarily restricted heavily by level so its very reasonable to assume that a sim at level 6 of the career could be making 24,000$. Its just kind rough no matter what way you slice it.

I peak in the forum from time to time so I'm always happy to talk it over more if you want. Also happy that this thread got bumped because I'm still kinda salty about making so little money with acting. But it is what it is.

EDIT: let me post this link so that everyone can see just how much you get paid for each individual gig. Its on simsvip I think its an excellent resource for those interested. simsvip.com/sims-4-get-famous-guide/#Gigs
    Post edited by phantom121294 on
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Many thanks for your input; the figures you've given are kind of along the same lines as I was thinking. Also grateful thanks for the link - it's got some great info! :smile:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • RamendemonRamendemon Posts: 91 Member
    So speaking of acting bugs- I am trying to give the get famous expac a fair shot. I really am. However, it is so frustrating to play when stuff doesn't work! Like....going the job and constantly not be able to finish it because of getting stuck with the get into hair and make up. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have tried saving and going back in. You can't manage worlds at the studio- so not sure how to replace the hair and make up chair.
  • ParselmouthParselmouth Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Ramendemon said:
    > So speaking of acting bugs- I am trying to give the get famous expac a fair shot. I really am. However, it is so frustrating to play when stuff doesn't work! Like....going the job and constantly not be able to finish it because of getting stuck with the get into hair and make up. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have tried saving and going back in. You can't manage worlds at the studio- so not sure how to replace the hair and make up chair.

I think it's deliberate. At the lower levels sometimes the hair and make up have to be done multiple times, but as you progress through the career levels it doesn't happen and it's successful first time.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ramendemon wrote: »
    So speaking of acting bugs- I am trying to give the get famous expac a fair shot. I really am. However, it is so frustrating to play when stuff doesn't work! Like....going the job and constantly not be able to finish it because of getting stuck with the get into hair and make up. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have tried saving and going back in. You can't manage worlds at the studio- so not sure how to replace the hair and make up chair.

It’s a known glitch. There is a cheat I can’t remember that lets you edit all lots including the film studio. I’ve also heard doing other tasks first sometimes works. I’m hoping it is fixed soon too....it’s very frustrating.