Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

Comments

• akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    Heck yes! Along with burglar alarms, the ability to call the police, fight the burglar, have your dog chase them off, etc.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes. Burglars, burglar alarms, and cop NPC's, please. Just give players the ability to toggle thief events on and off...Oh, and two new lot traits: "Secure Location," which greatly reduces the likelihood of a robbery and "Bad Neighborhood," which makes burglaries more likely. That way, people who don't want any robberies can turn the event off entirely, those who want a small risk of robberies can use the lot trait to reduce their chances, those who want the normal amount of risk can turn the event on and not use any special traits, and those who want their sims to live in a crime-ridden scum pit can have that too! Maybe even have a slider or lot trait that affects police response times too, for added realism... B)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • LuteLute Posts: 60 Member
    Yes, Yes, and Yes! I miss the heartattack every time the music came on and to see if my sim would whoop their behind.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm not sure if they're going to ever release the Superhero pack that was mentioned in previous customer surveys, but I think that'd be a perfect opportunity to add burglars back!!!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    Yes and maybe if done right
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    More risks and random events would be great in this game.

Sims don't have enough going on in their life to be panicking about or getting upset. Just having a burglar sneaking into your home in the middle of the night to steal your toilet and other items for your basic needs?

I use to think it was amusing calling the police or fire department and you end up getting fined if there was no emergency in the sims 2 among that you get a pretty winded lecture.

Can see burglars being improved on in this iteration. These burglars are probably also misfits during the day. Much like the unsavory Charlton distracting you and pick pocketing your sims wallet right off of them and with that particular NPC there was barely nothing you can do to prevent other than a few things distracting him. Poker and Miss Crumplebottom as well as targeting other sims in the area.

I really just crave this.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I would love to have burglars back, but only if it doesn't happen almost every night (like the vampire break-ins).
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    It's really more of a "yes maybe" than a "no maybe" because on one hand, I really don't want to have to deal with my whole household waking up because the alarm goes off (especially toddlers). But on the other hand, I miss little zany things like this that make the Sims the Sims. Sims 4 is awfully toned down, and to get just a little craziness back would be really refreshing. So my answer is mostly yes, but a little no. But mostly yes. :D
  • itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    I would love it to be back as well as the firefighters :o
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Other
    No. It was a pain and I don't miss it at all.
  • NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    Yess!
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'd love burglars and of course firefighters back. For one burglars would add a bit more challenge into the game. Maybe the burglar wants my sims new golden toilet. :D I remember a few times in the sims 3 when the burglar stole my toilet and I laughed every time. There should also be a new lot trait for those who don't want burglars showing up. I believe someone came up with the idea of calling it the "neighborhood watch" lot trait, can't remember who said that tho. I want firefighters badly too.
    There should be a call emergency option on the phone when either a burglar is breaking in or a fire is happening. That way either the police or firefighters show up. :)
  • comasyouarcomasyouar Posts: 25 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    No thank you, I personnaly do NOT miss the heartattack when the music comes on ;)
    I actually think the vampires are a bit annoying now too.
    https://thesimsofsunsetvalley.wordpress.com
    The Sims of Sunset Valley recreated in The Sims 4
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2018
    Definitely! Need some more variety & excitement in the game (although Get Famous is a great step in that direction). And if you don't want to be bothered, then buy a burglar alarm or 2 and put it outdoors. When I have alarms outside in TS3 I hardly ever have a burglar make it through the front door & never had a successful burglary with that setup (even works pretty well in TS2). Having said that, watch my toilet get nicked next time I play TS3.

As mentioned, also a burglar career but make it so you actually burgle sims, not rabbit hole.

We also need repo men & women. They could come a couple of days after the lights get turned off. And a repo man/woman career would be awesome too.

I always enjoyed fighting with burglars, even managed a fight with a repo man once in TS3.

And firemen & better fires & disasters. What happened to meteorites strikes? Weren't we promised them? And I've just realized I haven't managed to set a stove on fire in TS4!

EDIT: More ideas!
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Option to turn it off for those who don't want it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yesterday I was playing and Vlad broke into my house through the backdoor. But here's the thing....he was so quite about it...I was playing all well and good and suddenly on the corner of my screen I see something moving....and there he was, in a striped suit with a matching fedora on his head doing the vampire walk and it was the creepiest thing ever. He legit creeped the budjesus out of me, I even screenshoted, I'll put it here later. There was not even music to warn me. But it was cool, I never got to experience that, I think the fact that he was in that creepy suit scared me the most ahaha. He looked like he was from the mafia and was about to shoot my sims out.

But that actually made me miss burglars a lot. I wish we had them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Sims 4 is a little too safe imo
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    xcbjq0G.png

Here's Vlad in all his fedora glory like I promised.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes I would love them to be in my game, that way drama happens! :D
    ALSO Sims 1 had burglaries as well, I do find it odd that 4 doesn't have it but whatever.
    Kinda getting a hunch that they didn't get enough time to implement it on time...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • tashhbabeetashhbabee Posts: 2 New Member
    Would love to see burglary back! Especially now that Get Famous has safes to put money in! Vampire attacks don't happen to often to my sims lol
  • krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    Loved that pesky burglar and his cool getup. I especially enjoyed beating the crap out of him (or vice versa, ya know).

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yes, but will they allow the police to catch them or be called like in sims 3? That would be fun.
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    Now that we have neighbourhoods, we could also have safer and unsafer neighbourhoods (preferably with the option to decide that on our own). So safer ones will have close to or zero chance of burglar coming by and the unsafe one, well, more chance :D Also that way people who dislike the idea could avoid the hassle of playing with burglars all together ;)
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Yes and police. Both go together.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I miss the spooky music too. Always scared the bajeezus outta me.