Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few issues with Get Famous

SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
All of the love interests seem to be of the same gender - this was with both a male and female actor. Now I have no issues with same sex couples (I am one myself, before anyone gets it twisted - you have to be careful these days). But it just feels unrealistic and a bit forced. Perhaps an option to choose co-stars?

The fact that Sims change hair colours/styles for every role. Now I know it's meant to be fantasy and they're "wigs," but I have a black male actor and the fact that he has to wear a brown, moppy hair style every role is a bit off. And why does my brunette actress have to be a blonde to play a police officer or a doctor? Maybe it should only change colour for dramatic roles like the alien and Apocalypse movies.

My level 10 actor is no longer getting "get into hair, makeup, costume" as a job requirement when on a gig. This takes up more space.

When acting serious parts, my Sim is constantly smiling. Now I wondered if this was a bug, but he displays a solemn face when playing death scenes. It's a bit off to see him smiling when arguing/fighting!

Again (this has been on my mind for every single EP/GP): PLEASE give us the option to pick our co-workers/who fills a job role!!! I am sick of ridiculously dressed Sims who all have the same facial shapes!!!
Post edited by Simanite on

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    My female sim had a male love interest a few times. She has a couple of recurring co-stars and it looks like they switch roles every so often because the last gig she did, the female co-star took the love interest role.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Yeah, the love interest in my female sim's scenes are always female. I figured maybe the game was just being neutral since she technically hasn't had a boyfriend yet anyway, lol.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Had played with my actress sim and the sim was a guy with the romatic rolls for flirting and kissing. It's probably random or goes by the jobless homeless sims and just fill those rolls?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    And I just saw that they went out of their way to make sure those blind dates matched your sim's dating preference. But for some reason the romantic love interests for acting are totally random? This is ridiculous. I guess my sims just won't take any romantic roles. I'm not having them do gay love scenes when they shouldn't have to.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Not into random love scenes like that. I’d prefer my males to do love scenes with females and vice versa.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Right, blind date with potential love interest and acting with colleagues who are also professionals = totally the same thing.
    Got it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Guess this is a feature I will not use.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    to be fair, it's acting. acting out a romance scene doesn't involve any actual romance (they gain no romantic relationship from it, as far as i know) so it's as advertised; just acting! maybe someone will create a mod to guarantee opposite-sex only romance scenes, etc. either way, the sims aren't limited by rl ideals so you're not gonna get limited roles like that from the devs. as for the hair color, maybe it's just random? TS4 doesn't abide by real life genetics so there's no lack of in-game realism regarding that. of course some people prefer more realistic genetics and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just not reflected in the game. a lot of this just seems like a roll of the dice.
    6riwm5.png
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    I think the acting is goofy regardless of the co-star's gender, so it's silly to get upset. I mean they're all pretty ugly anyway. I do appreciate the gender preference being considered in the blind dates, though. Makes for much better storytelling and character creation.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Updated the OP.
  • AmericanMiseryAmericanMisery Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having an issue in Get Famous when my sim joined the acting career. Whenever I choose the option to join her to her gig, my screen is stuck on the loading plumbob. I have been waiting for a while and nothing changes. It's just stuck loading forever. I have to force close the game! :( Can anyone help?
    @AmericanMisery Yikes! Do you have any mods? You could try removing them and also try repairing your game in Origin.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    You guys must remember that whatever happens on the set is fiction, not your sim's life or interest! Male actors can act gay romance without becoming gay. If this sort of acting affects the sim's real life preferences, that's something else, because it shouldn't. It's only acting! That said, same gender romance is not as common on film as opposite gender romances, so I'd say there need some fine tuning if these gender specific romances come 50/50.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I am still getting same-sex love interests 90% of the time. Please give us an option to choose, Gurus!
  • LoriewhiteLoriewhite Posts: 19 Member
    I am level 10 of the acting career “ Get Famous”. My sim no longer gets the que to hair , make up and costume. This is the best part. Please fix this issue !
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2018
    Delete
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Loriewhite white that's not an issue, it's one of the fame perks, the one that lets you skip auditions. your sim can still get into hair/makeup and costume, you're just not required to make them do so anymore. i still have venessa get into proper costume but, esp for her captain sigma roles, she keeps her 'natural' hair. because i like the look of that better than the rainbow ponytail with the costume
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    May I add, that the minor grammar and spelling errors in the descriptions for the new world and the lots/households are atrocious! It grinds my gears seeing such horrid errors from an A+ English student like me! They should've taken a few minutes of their precious time to check their grammar and spelling if they're not going to take their time developing a larger world.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    May I add, that the minor grammar and spelling errors in the descriptions for the new world and the lots/households are atrocious! It grinds my gears seeing such horrid errors from an A+ English student like me! They should've taken a few minutes of their precious time to check their grammar and spelling if they're not going to take their time developing a larger world.

So much this! I'm an editor by profession, so it gives me much pain! Employ a proofreader, people :s
  • Sleepy_salamanderSleepy_salamander Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe I am just not doing something right, but I am supposed to invite my co-stars & director over to build my relationship with them. Whenever I do, nothing happens, so I can't finish that part of the prep task...am I just missing something?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Producing a track takes forever and a day the track I'm producing is taking forever to get done and once I quit it never says resume so it's like wtplum
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Producing a track takes forever and a day the track I'm producing is taking forever to get done and once I quit it never says resume so it's like wtplum

Nevermind I found out I had to burn the CD to produce I'm dumb.
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    suddenly my "main" sim is getting phone calls from everyone saying, i heard you like to steal things i dont want you at my house anymore" 10 x per day she gets these messages..?? My sim doesn't steal :(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    112061 wrote: »
    suddenly my "main" sim is getting phone calls from everyone saying, i heard you like to steal things i dont want you at my house anymore" 10 x per day she gets these messages..?? My sim doesn't steal :(

I'm constantly getting text messages saying "Hi I heard you became friends with...", everyday I have about 3 text messages just about that, but it's always about the same sims, I think my save is broken ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • pdentpdent Posts: 15 Member
    Interesting! My female sim has always only ever had male co stars - and they rotate around the same 3 or so. I’ve right clicked on them and changed them in CAS. When you exit they’ll still be your co stars and that way you can change how they look and their gender. I also give them some fame depending on what level the gig is - I also do the same with the directors! Movie directors are usually famous after all.