Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Switch Dog Size?

So I made a dog in CAP and realized I would rather it be a big dog than a small one. I remember in Sims 2 you could tab into each one with the dog you made switching sizes. Has anyone seen a way to do this, or will I have to completely remake my dog in a bigger size?

Comments

• KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited September 2011
    I think you might have completely remake him :/

I wish I wish I wish they'd added a medium size as well. Some of the breeds were FAR too big and some were WAYY to small :/

Overall,they looked great though!
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2011
    It is located in species so far I remember at the top.
  • Angelface52Angelface52 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited September 2011

I wish I wish I wish they'd added a medium size as well. Some of the breeds were FAR too big and some were WAYY to small :/

Ugh, I think so too :( And I know, some dogs I was like O.o "why do you look so odd?"
    Zafireria wrote:
    Pardon? If you mean how to make a big or small dog, I know how! :D I mean if I have a small dog can I convert her to a big dog?

EDIT: Smiley got messed up :lol:
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2011

Ugh, I think so too :( And I know, some dogs I was like O.o "why do you look so odd?"
    Zafireria wrote:
    Pardon? If you mean how to make a big or small dog, I know how! :D I mean if I have a small dog can I convert her to a big dog?

EDIT: Smiley got messed up :lol:
    Not sure, maybe she will just get bigger if you switch size. Else I think you might have to re-make her/him.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited September 2011
    yeah I remember that in the Sims 2! I think you have to create it over. :(
  • DominatusDominatus Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Yes it's rather silly how they didn't create another extra large size for dogs about 28 inches at the withers and up.

My big Doberman should definitely not be in the same size range as Pitbulls and the like.

It seems the best you can do is to increase the neck length to gain a little size presently.
  • Squint44Squint44 Posts: 3 New Member
    While I was making a “Gabe The Dog” I realized that, by searching on Google, Gabe was a Miniature American Eskimo. On The Sims 4, there is no Miniature American Eskimo. What did I do, and how can you do the same to a dog of your choice? I’ll show you in a couple easy steps. May or may not work for cats, as they all have similar sizes.
    First, find the dog you wish to change the size of. In my case, it was an American Eskimo.
    Second, observe the dog’s features, such as it’s eyes, fur, fur patterns, ears, snout, body type, and tail. Do more if necessary. In my case, I only had to observe the tail, fur, snout, and body type.
    Third, find a dog similar to your original dog, either bigger or smaller. My case was that I found the Bichon Frise was similar to the American Eskimo.
    Fourth, go ahead and select such dog. After that, you add the original dog’s features like the fur and/or tail.
    And there you go! How to make a small or big dog smaller or bigger. ;)
  • Squint44Squint44 Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh, also if your too lazy, it could be on the Gallery. :)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited November 2018
    Squint44 wrote: »
    While I was making a “Gabe The Dog” I realized that, by searching on Google, Gabe was a Miniature American Eskimo. On The Sims 4, there is no Miniature American Eskimo. What did I do, and how can you do the same to a dog of your choice? I’ll show you in a couple easy steps. May or may not work for cats, as they all have similar sizes.
    First, find the dog you wish to change the size of. In my case, it was an American Eskimo.
    Second, observe the dog’s features, such as it’s eyes, fur, fur patterns, ears, snout, body type, and tail. Do more if necessary. In my case, I only had to observe the tail, fur, snout, and body type.
    Third, find a dog similar to your original dog, either bigger or smaller. My case was that I found the Bichon Frise was similar to the American Eskimo.
    Fourth, go ahead and select such dog. After that, you add the original dog’s features like the fur and/or tail.
    And there you go! How to make a small or big dog smaller or bigger. ;)

@Squint44, you might to post this information over in The Sims 4 Expansion section for TS4 players to see as this is an old The Sims 3 thread from 2011. So I don't think too many Sims 4 players will see it over here... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-expansion-packs
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    @Squint44 Thanks for sharing you steps :)@lisasc360 is correct though, the members you are answering aren't asking about this issue in this thread/playing The Sims 4 so this information wouldn't be relevant to their issues but it's great advice for The Sims 4 Pets expansion. We have a The Sims 4 Expansion Pack Discussion section which would be perfect for sharing this info :D Check it out if you'd like to join in more S4 expansion conversations.

I'll close this thread in the meantime. You've bumped a bit of an oldie (from 2011). :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top