Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A. Request Team S3 - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

13...Next

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wonderful job @Sandraelle . So much detail throughout. Posted more in your thread. Going to check out each nook and cranny in game :smiley:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Dear Madam Secretary, I'm claiming this one now please...

Date: September 29, 2018
    Username: ElijahsBabyGurl9
    Page: Old Thread here
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Traditional Farmhouse for Appaloosa Plains, Sims 3
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

@ElijahsBabyGurl9 , please check into my contact thread here :smiley:
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @sandraelle, you did an amazing job with Beckinsale Place. I love the colours you have used. It feels like a real home.

@romagi1, your sim is so pretty!

@soocoolsim, I love your mushroom town centre. Looks fun and very creative!

@sandraelle, the ruby dream looks stunning! Beautiful!

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    masajo wrote: »
    It really would be such a dream to visit this amazing luxurious resort @Sandraelle <3 There are so many wonderful features and activities and your attention to detail is incredible. Totally awesome build :)

@masajo, thank you so much! I’m glad you think it looks luxurious since that was what I was going for. :)
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle Ahhhh it is so perfect! Thank you! :heart:

@Emily4331 , you’re very welcome. I’m glad you liked it and it was a really fun build to do. Did the lifeboats disappear when you placed the lot? They stayed the whole time with me, but I found out they disappear when it’s placed since the boats aren’t in the water, but at least they are easily replaced with MOO on.
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Wonderful job @Sandraelle . So much detail throughout. Posted more in your thread. Going to check out each nook and cranny in game :smiley:

@soocoolsim , thanks Paula!
    illusie wrote: »
    @sandraelle, you did an amazing job with Beckinsale Place. I love the colours you have used. It feels like a real home.

@romagi1, your sim is so pretty!

@soocoolsim, I love your mushroom town centre. Looks fun and very creative!

@sandraelle, the ruby dream looks stunning! Beautiful!

Thank you very much @illusie!
  • anonymoleratanonymolerat Posts: 15 Member
    Hello! I hope a question from a total newbie is okay; I've read through all the rules and info but I'm still a bit lost, so please yell at me if I'm posting in the wrong place. :)

I have a hypothetical question rather than an outright request using the form (yet). Is it okay to use this thread to request a recreation of a real-life house?

Since my grandpa died earlier this year (and my grandma a few years prior), my family is having to sell their house, where I spent a lot of my childhood, and I've been having a hard time with it emotionally. I've been really wanting to make a Sims 3 recreation of it to comfort myself, but it's a rather quirky old semi-rural cottage and I'm not skilled enough at building or landscaping to accurately reproduce some of the more complicated aspects (e.g. L-shaped interior stairs; dormer windows on the upper floor; an extension that's higher than the main ground floor but lower than the upper floor because it's built on a hill; a large garden with complex landscaping, multiple sheds, and a separate field with a horse barn). I accept that the limitations of the game may mean a perfect 1:1 recreation isn't possible (especially without CC), but I'm certain it is possible to make it closer than I'm able to do myself, so I'd really really love for someone to help me out.

I see the request form does have an option to link to a specific house plan (which I can provide, along with extensive interior and exterior photos), but due to all its quirks I don't know how playable this particular house would end up being for other people (I don't really intend to do much active playing with it myself, I just want to be able to have it in my game so I can look at it whenever I want, y'know?), so I'm unsure whether such a request would be technically against the rules of this thread.

Plus, since I'm looking for a pretty direct recreation with little room for creativity on the part of the builder, I'm not sure whether it's the kind of request any of the team here would be willing to tackle. I thought I should check before filling out the form.

If the team admin confirms that this request would indeed be acceptable for this thread, I'll go ahead and fill out the form. :) Or if not, can anyone point me in the direction of a better place to make this sort of request? Other than leading me here, google hasn't been particularly helpful as most other places I've found for Sims 3 house requests appear to be dead by now!

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me out in any way. <3
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited November 2018
    @anonymolerat, it's hard to tell how accurately we could reproduce this without seeing the pictures. L shaped stairs are possible but it depends on where they are located and the the floor-plan around them. Would you happen to have one of the sets from the store with the L shaped stairs? The split level extension also depends on the rest of the layout.

Could you provide a link to your pictures so we can better decide if this is something that we could do for you?

Since this does sound complicated we appreciate your asking first. :) Thank You.

Edit: If you'd prefer not to post the pic link here, on the thread, you could PM the link to me and I will make sure the rest of the S3 builders have it also.
    Post edited by romagi1 on
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    If no one has claimed this one! I will give it a go!

Date: October 7, 2018
    Page: Old Thread here and here
    Type: Household
    Description: Young Adult Witches
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:
    @romagi1, thank you so much for the response! :)

I don't currently own any of the store stuff, but I'd be totally willing to acquire the L-shaped stairs if that makes things easier.

I'm very happy to supply photos to help you get a better idea, but I believe that as a new member I can't currently share links (and I certainly don't want to spam the forum just to get my points total up). Is it okay for me to get around that by putting asterisks or something in the URLs, or would that be breaking forum rules?

Sorry to be a pain! I obviously should have considered the new member limitations first, whoops. Again, thanks so much for even considering this for me.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member

I don't currently own any of the store stuff, but I'd be totally willing to acquire the L-shaped stairs if that makes things easier.

I'm very happy to supply photos to help you get a better idea, but I believe that as a new member I can't currently share links (and I certainly don't want to spam the forum just to get my points total up). Is it okay for me to get around that by putting asterisks or something in the URLs, or would that be breaking forum rules?

Sorry to be a pain! I obviously should have considered the new member limitations first, whoops. Again, thanks so much for even considering this for me.

Sure! Anyway you can get the link to post is fine. If the asterisks don't work I think I've seen them post with a space or 2 added like the following.

https:// i.imgur.com/ r30fwkH.jpg
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member

@anonymolerat fill free to go post here and interduce yourself, to be able to get your points up faster! The more you post the faster you get your points! If that makes since!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16854896/#Comment_16854896
    Actually @romagi1, I just spotted your edit after I hit send on my previous reply. Yes, sending photos via PM would be ideal (I would indeed prefer not to post them in public if not necessary, as the house is still for sale), thank you, but again due to the new member limitations I can't initiate a PM myself. Would you be willing to send me a PM first so I can reply? Sorry for this hassle!

@BreeMiles thanks for the pointer! :)
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Madam Secretary, I would claim this one!

Date: September 27, 2018
    Username: lightnin-fantasy
    Page:  Old Thread here
    Description: Supernatural Gothic Mansion for Moonlight Falls, Sims 3
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

@lightnin-fantasy, I have some questions here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584131/#Comment_11584131

Thank you! :)
    SLpPUp.png
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Dear Madam Secretary, I'm claiming this one now please...

Date: September 29, 2018
    Page: Old Thread here
    Description: Traditional Farmhouse for Appaloosa Plains, Sims 3
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

@ElijahsBabyGurl9 , please check into my contact thread here :smiley:

SLpPUp.png
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    If no one has claimed this one! I will give it a go!

Date: October 7, 2018
    Page: Old Thread here and here
    Type: Household
    Description: Young Adult Witches
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

SLpPUp.png
    Our thread is up to date.

@anonymolerat Hi! I haven't added your request to the list yet per the issues discussed above, but I will as soon as it's all sorted. :)
    SLpPUp.png
    @DNARequestTeam Thank you very much! I've now sent the floorplan and some photos to @romagi1 (and will add some more later/tomorrow when I've had a chance to dig through more of my files) for the team to have a look at, and then if I get the go-ahead that it's potentially doable I'll come back and fill out the request form properly. :)
    @anonymolerat Thank you so much! :)
    SLpPUp.png
    Our thread is up to date.
    SLpPUp.png
    edited December 2018
    It's that time again, moving day!
    ~CLOSED~
    Our November thread is now closed. Please join us on our December thread here.
    Happy Simming!
    latest?cb=20150324045008
    Moving-Day.jpg
    SLpPUp.png