Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kris Kringle a Christmas fun building activity. Open for 2018 - taking Kris Kringles now.

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
**This is not a challenge as such, just a fun activity. I am hoping to run this for 2018 Christmas if people show enough interest, so if you feel we could manage it, since we didn't have enough takers last year, I'm happy to host it for 2018 but will need a minimum of 10 or maximum of 20 people to run it successfully.**

I've done this Kris Kringle, previously and it worked well. It involves making a house/garden for a member based on their answers to some questions about their preferences in colours, furniture styles, garden etc., that I will provide for you to answer. Next a member is allocated to you secretly to surprise you with a house created in your personal style and taste. After a set time you guess as to whom made it for you (your Kris Kringle) and then you can download your custom-made house to play in your game. It's a lot of fun if you have the time and we have Christmas decor to use now as well.

I will provide the information here and if people have the time they can join in. I know it's a busy time of year for everyone but I'll gauge who is keen to participate and then decide if it's a goer or not. The details are below. :) Any questions can be answered after you've seen what's involved. Let me know ASAP and we can decide if it is worth going ahead.

If you are not a confident builder, you can ask someone to make an empty shell specifically for KK as long as you acknowledge that person. Then you can deck it out according to your chosen person's decor preferences, if you choose to participate. You can use only the packs your chosen person has and these cheats only: *bb.moveobjects on *bb.showhiddenobjects *bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement (if you want to use some of the career rewards items) and the *money cheats as specified below.

It is important that you specify which packs you don't have so your Kris Kringle will only used the things from those packs you do have.

This is how it works:

You will have the normal starting amount when you arrive on a lot, plus the motherlode money once you've chosen a lot, to spend to your hearts’ content. That way we all have a similar amount of simoleans making it fairer for everyone receiving their gift, just like real Kris Kringle.

Go to an empty lot and ‘motherlode’ three times or use the 'money cheat' for an additional $150,000 on top of what you already have with you when you arrive at an empty lot. So your total budget for Kris Kringle will vary depending on which lot you choose to build on. Please do not use 'freerealestate'.

A member will be randomly chosen for you to build a house for, (from You their Kris Kringle). Next, keep to this Kris Kringle thread and look at your given member’s preferences from the questions below and make them a house close to their preferences.

On a date specified once I know this is a goer, I will send you a PM with your given tag, under which only you and I will know, for when you upload your person’s house. Keep it in your library until the agreed date so anyone following you won't see you put it up on the gallery too early. By an agreed date I will ask you to PM me two or three pictures (if 2-storey) one of the front view and the other of an overhead of the inside. (Don't forget to press 'G' that takes the 'Grid' off the screen for a better image). The pictures will be all in one thread under my name, so that way, no one knows who created which house for their person. Then we make our guesses within 10-15 days but I won't reveal your Kris Kringle's until all the guesses are completed.

I Usually give people 7-10 days to make the home for their person. No CC allowed with this as others won't have the same cc as you do unless you provide the links with your lot.

After making your guesses, (one guess only please) and finding out who your Kris Kringle is, the next surprise will be for you to upload your house, and then you can download your custom-made home from your Kris Kringle and check out the inside. You can then, if you choose, share some shots for us all to see.

Questions (List what packs you don't have here, then whomever is your Kris Kringle knows what they can and can't use in your home).

1. What is your favourite colour combination(s) for your décor?

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please.

3. What style of furnishings, windows, doors etc. do you prefer?
• Eclectic
• Contemporary
• Antique
• Other - specify

4. State how many bedrooms you'd prefer, and choose "one" of the following extra rooms you'd like in your house.
• Number of bedrooms
Choose only "one" of the extra rooms below.
• Games room
• Gym/Spa/zen room
• Bar/entertainment.
• Study
• Other – specify

5. What sort of garden is your preference?
• Tropical gardens
• Alpine or rock gardens
• English landscape gardens
• Topiary/sculptured gardens
• Natural or Zen gardens
• Water gardens – fountains, pools, water features etc.
• Cottage gardens
• Other - specify

6. What style of home do you prefer? Eg. Single, 2 story or split level?
• Modern
• Cottage/shack/log cabin
• Victorian
• Country
• Colonial
• Decked
• Mediterranean
• Other – specify

7. What setting would you prefer your house to be in?
• Near water, beach, lake or river.
• Nestled amongst trees and woodlands.
• In a city/apartment
• In a desert
• Other - specify

Answer all 7 questions quoting the numbers they are against here.

So it may look something like this if it were my preferences:
1. aqua, white and black OR maroon and cream.
2. Mix of carpet and tile – don’t like wood unless it’s light such as Tasmanian Oak.
3. Contemporary furnishings – with lots of glass and light
4. 3 bedrooms and a study
5. A deck looking onto a natural or zen garden with some form of water feature around. (Not a sculptured garden).
6. Single story, Contemporary
7. Near water, beach, lake or river.

All Packs except Bowling Night Pack and My First Pet.

If you go into this you will commit to being one of the Kris Kringles, providing a home for another member and you will receive one back, remembering that some requests may be two-storey and various other requests, so if you are not a confident builder, (although there are many here that can help) you can ask someone to build a shell and you can deck it out for your person, as long as you acknowledge your helper.

You can answer the above questions now, but nothing will happen until later when I am on holidays from school. If you answer now and decide later it would be too much, due to real life getting in the way, LOL :) you can change your mind about participating, that's okay. Just give me some notice in a PM and I'll take you off the list.

If you need clarification for anything I've mentioned in here, please don't hesitate to ask.

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited March 2019
    Taking reserves now.

@AlienWithABox @Aussie_Simmer @aussiekarima @blunote00 @bokylie1@BreezaaRose @Bubbz3388 @chalicen @chesterbigbird @chips46 @ClairkP@darkamorpheous @dorkydora @Eudanil @EuphorialQueen @February11 @Figwit @fizzlegig @GalacticGal @giggler36 @ginnymalfoy22 @Girl_Alone @GirlyGamer4U @grevilliablue @harveyjames7 @HazelJ @imaginarycowplant @Jendowoz0612 @joralyd @Karritz @kiwicrone @Kymar @leashahampton @mcrudd @Mikezumi @MineWars @Mordecais @Movotti @mshadai @noddy @NoTalent @NRowe @NZsimm3r @Oliana @Oshtha @Pary @pmcavenett @puddleduck1 @RoOoAr5 @rosenero10 @Savage_Patch_Kid @sawdust @shadyladynz @Shinzhia @ShyMouseLissy @Sorceress @SoulGal7 @SportsStar25 @Starfree @Tatts65 @theFella @Unfug013 @uo_aaronjd @VeritySim @Vivienne62

Reserved Participants:
    @Bubbz3388
    @giggler36
    @mcrudd
    @cmbaker16
    @aussiekarima
    @Movotti
    @leashahampton
    @elanorbreton
    @momoito
    @bokylie1

edited December 2018
    So Kris Kringles now the images are all up here, please do not say if your person has selected you correctly or not until all the guesses are finished. I will keep you informed and let you know when it is safe to tell your person.

For @Giggler36 Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

Wy0trZ5.png

G6XjEUv.png

For @Bubbz338 Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

Ct9wZfw.png

Ground Floor
    GpBaENI.png

1st Floor
    mQtoH50.png

For @leashahampton Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

OOzZ8nr.png

bj1Fwup.png

For @mcrudd Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

xZmtN3j.png

mfiuEdH.jpg

For @cmBaker16 Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

sLIUWUd.png

SwgCurE.png

For @aussiekarima Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

HnKkHgb.png

Ground floor

yDS7bRF.png

1st floor

kmQGS1X.png

For @elanorbreton Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

Front view - day

g4aVsGN.png

Front view - night

cTrffiP.png

Ground Floor

Fhn7j6N.png

First Floor

Xvz2p5s.png

For @Movotti Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

sa55ALg.png

Ground Floor

zCXmVKn.png

1st floor

Ynu3SKy.png

For @moimoto Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

QJwiJT2.png

OMH4Viq.png

For @Bokylie1 Who do you think is your Kris Kringle?

uXTZoO4.png

Ground Floor

NtjXtGU.png

1st Floor

OyQlxGE.png

edited December 2018
    **Results of your guesses and your Kris Kringles**

Congratulations everyone, there were a couple of you that guessed correctly...Well done @elanorbreton and @giggler36 you both guessed correctly. All your houses were fantastic, congratulations to all of you.

@aussiekarima your Kris Kringle is @cmbaker16

@cmbaker16 your Kris Kringle is @mcrudd

@elanorbreton your Kris Kringle is @aussiekarima

@Bubbz3388 your Kris Kringle is @elanorbreton

@leashahampton your Kris Kringle is @giggler36

@giggler36 your Kris Kringle is @Bubbz3388

@mcrudd your Kris Kringle is @Movotti

@momoito your Kris Kringle is @bokylie1

@bokylie1 your Kris Kringle is @momoito

@Movotti your Kris Kringle is @leashahampton

Here are some memoirs for participating in 2018 Kris Kringle, so thank you all very much. You can resize these and add them to your siggy's if you choose to. If you are not sure how just ask.

Ik9YHmx.png

WmPvmJR.png

wRIg2sd.png

h8U3C4c.png

KOntSQA.png

GffMg3s.png

GQnG78V.png

U2IKaVB.png

F0eUdka.png

kNhr1tt.png

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    1. Neutral tones, browns and creams
    2. Mix of wood and tile
    3. Contemporary
    4. 4 or 5 bedrooms with an entertainment space
    5. Water garden
    6. Either one story with a bonus room or two storey
    7. Near areas of water.

I have all packs except for Romantic Garden, My First Pet, Perfect Patio, and Bowling Night Stuff.
    Oh hamburgers!
    Excellent, @Bubbz3388 I will add you to the tag list also.

• giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    ooh loved doing this in the old Aussie forums

1- light colors, greys and blues
    2 - mix of wood and carpet
    3 - country, antique
    4 - 2 bedrooms plus library/sitting room
    5 - Cottage
    6 - Single Country
    7 - Trees and woodland

Thanks @Jendowoz0612
    h8U3C4c.png
    edited November 2018
    @giggler36
    You're welcome, giggler. Thought you might like this. <3<3

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    @giggler36
    You're welcome, giggler. Thought you might like this. <3<3

Yay!!

Oh hamburgers!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I work until the 18th December, what day will it have to be finish, I could probably join in if I have enough time from when my holiday starts :)
    edited November 2018
    I'd say it would be between the 18th and 24th that people will be finishing off their houses and PM'ing the shots to me. But if we get enough takers early enough you will know who you are being Kris Kringle for well before that, so in that week before Xmas there will be time to make it.

Edited: Bear in mind, too, that we would also be doing the guesses sometime in that week so the house would need to be built early in that week.

edited December 2018
    If I don't get enough Aussies and/or NZealanders in the next 7-10 days, (by the 6th December). I'll open it up to the rest of the community here and hopefully we'll get plenty of takers from there.

edited November 2018
    Put me down for it then, I should be able to finish once on holiday :)
    Will answer questions a bit later, just a bit busy now ;)
    edited November 2018
    Okay, great, @mcrudd will do. <3<3 Keep in mind we would probably be doing the guesses sometime in that week too, so it would have to be a quick build if you only start it that week, but looking at your builds, that shouldn't be too tricky for you.

You were so excited @giggler36 you forgot to specify the packs and expansions you don't have. LOL :D please let me know if you have them all, or those you haven't got, thanks. <3

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Thanks for inviting me @Jendowoz0612 :) I haven't built in a while but will give it a go!

I have all the packs!

I like neutral tones with splashes of colour

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please.
    I like wood, tile and carpet

I love modern style but would love some eclectic flair

4. State how many bedrooms you'd prefer, and choose "one" of the following extra rooms you'd like in your house.
    2 Bedrooms
    Study

Natural looking gardens - love a mixture of greenery and flowers. Water features are great also :)

Single story. Being addicted to shows like House Hunters I would say cape cod style homes

Surprise me!
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    Excellent @pebblycat, love to see you aboard. Welcome <3<3<3

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I am excited to do this again!
    ~ I have all packs!

1. ~ White (I know technically White is not a colour!LOL)

2. ~ I prefer tile

3. ~ Modern if possible – with lots of glass and light

4. ~ Two or three (two Beds & a study)
    Other – Greenhouse

5. ~ Tropical gardens

6. ~ Split level
    Modern-Decked

7. ~ Near water, beach, lake or river.

Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Yay! @aussiekarima welcome aboard. So happy all our friends are back together in this. <3<3<3

edited November 2018
    I have all the Expansion, stuff packs and game packs

I like light pastels

I like wood, tile and carpet

I am not picky any ones will do

3 Bedrooms
    Study

I love wild gardens

Single story please

I love Windenburg, so something matching there would be good :)
    Just white, @aussiekarima ? Your kris kringle may need to know what other touches of colour(s) you would like with white.

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Just White, I want an all white house inside,but they can use white greys & black on the outside if they wish,surprise me!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

edited December 2018
    After tomorrow if I haven't any more reserves, I'll open it up to the US simmers, we are sure to get some more then. I'll add this tag list one more time and then see what response I get. If any of you know of simmers who would like to take part, please link them here so they can have a look and determine if they would like to join.

**Again, if you would like your name added or taken off this list please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you.**

@AlienWithABox @Aussie_Simmer @aussiekarima @blunote00 @bokylie1@BreezaaRose @Bubbz3388 @chalicen @chesterbigbird @chips46 @ClairkP@darkamorpheous @dorkydora @Eudanil @EuphorialQueen @February11 @Figwit @fizzlegig @GalacticGal @giggler36 @ginnymalfoy22 @Girl_Alone @GirlyGamer4U @grevilliablue @harveyjames7 @HazelJ @imaginarycowplant @Jendowoz0612 @joralyd @Karritz @kiwicrone @Kymar @leashahampton @mcrudd @Mikezumi @MineWars @Mordecais @Movotti @mshadai @noddy @NoTalent @NRowe @NZsimm3r @Oliana @Oshtha @Pary @pmcavenett @puddleduck1 @RoOoAr5 @rosenero10 @Savage_Patch_Kid @sawdust @shadyladynz @Shinzhia @ShyMouseLissy @Sorceress @SoulGal7 @SportsStar25 @Starfree @Tatts65 @theFella @Unfug013 @uo_aaronjd @VeritySim @Vivienne62

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Jendowoz0612 I don't play Sims 4 so probably can't actually do the Sims 4 challenges. I do have Sims 4 but only the base game and it's on my laptop which I don't use at the moment. And I don't have Origin installed on my PC which I do use constantly. So I really can't access Sims 4 from the PC.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    After tomorrow if I haven't any more reserves, I'll open it up to the US simmers, we are sure to get some more then. I'll add this tag list one more time and then see what response I get. If any of you know of simmers who would like to take part, please link them here so they can have a look and determine if they would like to join.

**Again, if you would like your name added or taken off this list please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you.**

First of all thank you for including me, but I'm afraid my schedule is too full to participate. Sounds like a lot of fun, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited December 2018
    Thank you for letting me know, @GalacticGal and @Karritz <3<3

@Karritz would you be interested if I can get a Sims 3 match for you? :)

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Pick me. pick me!

Uh...

1. Blue/gold and Blue/Green

2. Light coloured wood

3. An eclectic combination of modern and antique.

4. 4 bedrooms and a party room

5. English landscape with topiarys, and fountains and ponds.

6. Mediterranean split level

7. Somewhere with cliffs.

The packs I don't have: Get Famous, Jungle Adventure, Cool Kitchen, Backyard, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My first Pet.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif