Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uni student looking for your help

maxiracingmaxiracing Posts: 26 Member
Hello everyone !

I'm an architecture student looking for some Sims 4 players to do a short experiment with me in order to write my thesis :)

It should only take a few minutes and consists in playing the game :)

I'll ask you to design a house in the game for a family with a single child. You'll have 20 000simflouz to do so. You don't need to think about the paintings and other specific stuff, place a sofa, beds, kitchen... is enough ! For that, you'll have 30 minutes to start from scratch without taking exemple of something existing.

After that i'll analyse the house you designed to see if playing the game developed in you some architectural skills !

Thank you so much, I need you :)

EDIT : Please, if it's possible, use only the basic version of the game otherwise i won't be able to open your house in my game ^^
Post edited by maxiracing on

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hello. I can participate. Do you have a closing date (deadline)? I can only play this weekend tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Hi there,

Likewise here I'm more than happy to help. Let me know.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I'll do it.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    clare74clare74 Posts: 107 Member
    i'll participate. as long as the deadline isn't too soon though, i won't have my computer with me again until saturday.
    family tree (legacy family)
    origin id: clareo74
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Happy to help, though how will you monitor the 30 mins, the originality of the build and what is it exactly you’re looking to discover?

I know the Sims has definitely given me more architectural perspective, at least. But only after 20 years of simming I’m comfortable building things!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    SuidolemSuidolem Posts: 52 Member
    I'm game get it lol I can when does this have to be done?
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    I mean...you could just look on the gallery? That’s a thing.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Echova wrote: »
    I mean...you could just look on the gallery? That’s a thing.

but they could have and more than likely have spent longer than 30 mins and 20000 $
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    IndiStyleIndiStyle Posts: 3 New Member
    i will absolutely participate! along with the others, i will need a submit/due date - also how will we be sharing our build with you? pictures, or uploading to the gallery and giving you a link etc.
  • Options
    MacamoreXSimsMacamoreXSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I will help, I've been playing the Sims for 5 years 😂
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hi everyone and thank you so much for your answers !

The due date of my thesis is December 19th but I need to write a lot so if you could send me your houses in 1 week or maybe 2 weeks if you really don't have enough time it will be perfect !

Do not hesitate to ask for further informations.

For the submission it's either you send me screenshots or I directly download your model in the game to analyse it more easily. someone just sent me this download link and it's perfect for me :
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CD6FB321EDE511E8875BB573E4FD424D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=meggles87&max=50&maxis=false

@Irdiwen my focus will be on the plan aspect, how do you manage the light in your rooms, how are they scaled and organised etc... :)

once you'll be done with the house, i'll also send you a 10 yes/no question form asking you things such as "do you think playing the sims developed your architectural skills" and so :)

Once again thank you so much, if I can have some exemples by the end of the weekend i'll be so grateful !

EDIT : I only have the basic version of the sims, Also I just received a house and it has no doors, so tell me if you think 30 minutes is too stressful, maybe you actually need more to do something as good as you can :) (I said 30 minutes but I don't know much about the game that's why ;p)
    Post edited by maxiracing on
  • Options
    MagPieZimmerMagPieZimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    How would we send you our build links? Would it be through this forum?
  • Options
    How would we send you our build links? Would it be through this forum?

Yes just by sending me the link using the ea website. You can also do it by private message if you are a bit shy or still is the possibility to send me screenshots if you prefer
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I might give this a stab
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Hey guys ! so how are you doing with that :) ?

@thatsnotsweg @clare74 @Irdiwen @Suidolem @PastelMermaid @IndiStyle @MacamoreXSims
  • Options
    Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    For me this request sounds strange. For a thesis u need alot more ppl that participate than just that few. Another thing is you have to know alote about the ppl participating like school grade, profession, age, gender where they live in and so on.
  • Options
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    For me this request sounds strange. For a thesis u need alot more ppl that participate than just that few. Another thing is you have to know alote about the ppl participating like school grade, profession, age, gender where they live in and so on.

after the house design I ask participants to fill a google form of 10 questions to have an idea of their profile. i'm just sending it in private to avoid potential trolls trying to false the results. I know the more people the best but it's not a doctorate thesis, it's just a post grade thesis and if i can get a sample of 15 people i'am happy enough
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m going to give it a go, I have some 30 mins to spare!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    Hi everyone ! it has been one week now and i'm wondering how are you doing with it :)
    I know it's easy to forget about me so i'm sending this friendly message !

@Irdiwen @PastelMermaid @MacamoreXSims @IndiStyle @clare74 @thatsnotsweg

thank you :)
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    You're gonna get a very small data sample if you ask for volunteers, and that's gonna skew the data in favour of those who are confident in their architectural skills.

Why not take a random sample from the gallery? Say, 100 lots of varying popularity levels, and compare those?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Say, 100 lots of varying popularity levels, and compare those?

You could just look in the gallery at the newest houses under §20,000.

• Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    You're gonna get a very small data sample if you ask for volunteers, and that's gonna skew the data in favour of those who are confident in their architectural skills.

Why not take a random sample from the gallery? Say, 100 lots of varying popularity levels, and compare those?

because doing this I can't know the age of the designer, the time he spent on the house and how long have he played the sims. so many informations that are very relevant for my study, i'd rather have 10 concrete exemple than a 100 that i can't analyse properly
  • Options
    IndiStyleIndiStyle Posts: 3 New Member
    should the build be more focused on the inside or the outside of the house? because i found it near impossible to complete both within the budget.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @maxiracing my house is up if you are still needing people to do it. I don't know how you mean link but this is the page link...don't know if it works like that though. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Streamlet Single&max=50&maxis=false

If not, its by creator: Duhgirl2u2 and its called Streamlet Single, identifiers: #Maxiracing, #thesis, #basegame, #nocc. Its a 1 br 1 bath bachelor pad, somewhat contemporary I think?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    IndiStyle wrote: »
    should the build be more focused on the inside or the outside of the house? because i found it near impossible to complete both within the budget.

It's more focused on the insides and the plan of the house :)

Thank you duhboyo !