Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods: Python/Terrain Update + Get Famous, Nov. ’18

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2018
    Paulson reuploaded the NPC mod, now not only with GF compatibility but also with GF functionallity like using existing sims for paparazzi etc.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604590

Besides MCCC one of the most useful mods I have in my game.

And we got a warning at MCCC discord regarding this mod:
    Faster/Slower/No Fame Decay by claudiasharon - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=620504
    Installing it makes every sim in your save game who isn't already famous a 1 star celebrity.
    If you uninstall the mod, the game generates a LE every time you load a lot in the affected save.
    So better wait for an update - looks like the creator is aware of the issues.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • _eliza__eliza_ Posts: 25 Member
    Question- When I tell one of my sims to do something, they stop whatever they were currently doing and their arms go on their side and raised up and their whole action queue will go blank and they will not do what I told them to do. What mod would have caused this?
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    _eliza_ wrote: »
    Question- When I tell one of my sims to do something, they stop whatever they were currently doing and their arms go on their side and raised up and their whole action queue will go blank and they will not do what I told them to do. What mod would have caused this?

I had problems with the lag fix mods (both mods). When i speed game up the interaction queue and my active action cleans for the sim. Perhaps this is it for you too.
  • kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member

That's indicative of your sim resetting, which is almost always caused by broken or outdated CC. A couple of steps to troubleshoot:
    1) Open Origin, right click on The Sims 4, and choose "Repair." Restart the game and see if the issue still occurs.
    2) Move your mods folder to the desktop and delete the localthumbcache.package file in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4. Restart the game and see if the issue still occurs.
    3) If the issue stops after removing your mods, use the half-method to determine which mod is causing the issue. Move approximately half of your mods into the Mods folder and run the game again. If the issue occurs, you know the CC/Mod causing it is in that half. If it doesn't, you know it's in the other half.
    4) Continue halving your CC until you narrow down the CC/Mod that's causing the issue. Then look for an update and/or attempt to determine what it might be conflicting with to cause that issue.

Good luck!
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone find that their children and toddlers faces are missing? after patch up :O this is in Gallery mod so far i know of
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • _eliza__eliza_ Posts: 25 Member
    > @katgirl28888 said:
    > _eliza_ wrote: »
    >
    > Question- When I tell one of my sims to do something, they stop whatever they were currently doing and their arms go on their side and raised up and their whole action queue will go blank and they will not do what I told them to do. What mod would have caused this?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's indicative of your sim resetting, which is almost always caused by broken or outdated CC. A couple of steps to troubleshoot:
    > 1) Open Origin, right click on The Sims 4, and choose "Repair." Restart the game and see if the issue still occurs.
    > 2) Move your mods folder to the desktop and delete the localthumbcache.package file in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4. Restart the game and see if the issue still occurs.
    > 3) If the issue stops after removing your mods, use the half-method to determine which mod is causing the issue. Move approximately half of your mods into the Mods folder and run the game again. If the issue occurs, you know the CC/Mod causing it is in that half. If it doesn't, you know it's in the other half.
    > 4) Continue halving your CC until you narrow down the CC/Mod that's causing the issue. Then look for an update and/or attempt to determine what it might be conflicting with to cause that issue.
    >
    > Good luck!

Thanks! I had no idea about the repair in Origin. Repairing right now!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Does anyone find that their children and toddlers faces are missing? after patch up :O this is in Gallery mod so far i know of

That is usually the result of letting a "no EA lashes mod" be run thru a batch fix (general allow/disallow for random). You should just delete the No EA lashes mod and redownload and you'll have to give the affected sims different faces to bring them back.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

That is usually the result of letting a "no EA lashes mod" be run thru a batch fix (general allow/disallow for random). You should just delete the No EA lashes mod and redownload and you'll have to give the affected sims different faces to bring them back.

You could also play an older save to bring them back.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    LittleMsSam's No Sick, Dirty, Sad and Hungry Cats & Dogs has been updated again today.
  • AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    I didn't see an update on the 1st page (and don't really want to dig through 23 pages to check for something that might not be there). Has anyone heard anything more about Neia's career tool getting fixed? I'm missing my main family something fierce, but don't want to play while the mom's dancing career is still borked. :smile:
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Mirlo12 wrote: »

I had problems with the lag fix mods (both mods). When i speed game up the interaction queue and my active action cleans for the sim. Perhaps this is it for you too.

Noone else has this problem?
  • NastyNasNastyNas Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Mirlo12 said:
    > Mirlo12 wrote: »
    >
    > _eliza_ wrote: »
    >
    > Question- When I tell one of my sims to do something, they stop whatever they were currently doing and their arms go on their side and raised up and their whole action queue will go blank and they will not do what I told them to do. What mod would have caused this?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had problems with the lag fix mods (both mods). When i speed game up the interaction queue and my active action cleans for the sim. Perhaps this is it for you too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Noone else has this problem?

I have had different issues with the lag fixes, I would advise you to just avoid using them entirely for now.

> @AeronwyDiobhell said:
    > I didn't see an update on the 1st page (and don't really want to dig through 23 pages to check for something that might not be there). Has anyone heard anything more about Neia's career tool getting fixed? I'm missing my main family something fierce, but don't want to play while the mom's dancing career is still borked. :smile:

As of the 22nd, Neia was unable to update the mod, and they probably won't be able to do so for a while.

> @Neia said:
    > Thanks all for the kind words ! I'm personally fine but on preventive bed rest and not taking any risk :) I wouldn't expect anything for at least another week

I wouldn't expect anything in the next week or so. It might be a good time to experiment with a new family until Neia is back on his/her feet.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Is the Cinderella mod by Kawaiistacie updated?
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

uh how do you do th NO EA LASHES mod? i am confused on this...
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Is the Cinderella mod by Kawaiistacie updated?

KawaiiStacie has that Mod on her broken list. https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/forum/updates/november-13th-update
    I didn't see an update on the 1st page (and don't really want to dig through 23 pages to check for something that might not be there). Has anyone heard anything more about Neia's career tool getting fixed? I'm missing my main family something fierce, but don't want to play while the mom's dancing career is still borked. :smile:

There are small spyglasses at the top and the bottom of the thread that allows you to search just this discussion by keyword. For instance, type in Neia's name and it will bring up all the times she is mentioned.
  • icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    omg, thank you Bananas_45 for the tip about the spyglass, never knew that :)
    icftldu wrote: »
    omg, thank you Bananas_45 for the tip about the spyglass, never knew that :)

You're welcome!
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    There are small spyglasses at the top and the bottom of the thread that allows you to search just this discussion by keyword. For instance, type in Neia's name and it will bring up all the times she is mentioned.

You're the best! <3

Never noticed that before. Always tried the "main" search, which isn't quite helpful within the thread.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »

You're the best! <3

Never noticed that before. Always tried the "main" search, which isn't quite helpful within the thread.

Thank you, @Bonxie! I think the wonderful @rosemow told me about them. It's been a lifesaver over in my WCIF thread.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    kirivian wrote: »
    Hi all. I was wondering if any of y'all know if either of these two mods from MTS are working (I could not find them on the list).
    Shimrod's: Facial Overlays Less Smiling
    RedRidingCat's: Stop Vampire Growling + CAS

Also, with the CC hair fix (and hopefully eye fix) are the CC eyebrows and beards also now working?

And finally, I realize that @luthienrising asked earlier about the CC eyes in the Nov 18 patch and received a response from @Bonxie, but I wasn't sure if that was referring directly to DR and NDR eyes as opposed to Facepaints. So, sorry if this is a stupid or redundant question, but am I safe assuming that there is no longer a problem with CC eyes that are DR and NDR?

Thanks very much in advance.

@luthienrising You are a godsend to this community! Thank You so much for your tireless work to assuage all of our obsessive stressing that comes from our sim addictions every time a patch or pack comes out. :D I cannot express enough gratitude. <3

I was referring to default replacment eyes. NDR aren't imho not that critical.

Regarding Shimrods I wouldn't be optimistic. Afaik he retired from modding years ago.

Thanks @Bonxie I was hoping that that one might have been picked up by someone else. A couple of Shimrods originals are listed on this thread as having been updated by Manderz0630, so I was kind of hoping maybe the less smiling mod had found a champion as well. In the interim I went ahead and patched and tested the updated mods and then a few that had not appeared on this thread (on a fresh save). So far the following mods that I didn't see on the list here appear to be working fine in my game without updates since the 11-18 patch.

From Mod the Sims:
    Emilypl27 Bake Cupcake Machine Items in Oven
    RedRidingCat Stop Vampire Growling + CAS
    PeterSkywalker Hide Lot Trait Head FX
    Krys29 No Zzz For Sims 4

I am using the Luumia NoBlu v2 and NoGlo v2.1 and haven't seen any LE's or other problems so far.

And the Facial Overlays Less Smiling by Shimrod appears to be working, and has not thrown any LE's or created any other problems I can see.

All seem to be working fine in both my newly created game (just the mods to test them and no other CC) and one of my regular games (6,535 files in 719 folders - including a ton of CC and all the mods listed above plus a number of them that were reported on this thread as being either okay or updated). I haven't tested my other two folders yet, but since they only differ from one another by what CC I use - not what mods I use - I am not anticipating problems with the mods. Having said that I do not pretend to know anything about modding so this is just my experience with these mods over the past couple of days of RL gameplay. If anyone else uses any of these, it would be great if you can either confirm they are working for you or that they aren't. Thanks.

Also since Lynire's List Sim Info mod is a script mod and has not been updated, does anyone know of a mod that lists traits and other info about the sims? One of the things I'll miss about this mod is finding out my sims handedness on demand (It's silly but I like to know these things, you know?).

And @Bananas_45 Since you mentioned Rex, does anyone know if the custom club activities project mod is working? Or if Icemunmun's add on club activities mod is working? I removed these a few months ago for other reasons so they were not included in this round of testing.

Last thought. I am wondering what the issue is with Necrodog's Feet because I read on it's download thread that a number of people were using it without issue after the patch. I tried it in my games above and I am also not having a problem with it. Seems to be working fine and isn't throwing errors, so I was wondering what problem I should be looking for.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Dragoonlady84Dragoonlady84 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone having an issue with the Breast augment mod It worked just fine till i reinstall the sims 4. I have uninstalled the mod 3 times and my antivirus keeps picking it up even disabled it still wont work. Its never done this before till now. Can anyone give me an idea on what to do or is this mod unplayable anymore?
    Is anyone having an issue with the Breast augment mod It worked just fine till i reinstall the sims 4. I have uninstalled the mod 3 times and my antivirus keeps picking it up even disabled it still wont work. Its never done this before till now. Can anyone give me an idea on what to do or is this mod unplayable anymore?

It would be best to go back to the site you downloaded this from and inquire there.
    edited November 2018
    NastyNas wrote: »
    > @AeronwyDiobhell said:
    > I didn't see an update on the 1st page (and don't really want to dig through 23 pages to check for something that might not be there). Has anyone heard anything more about Neia's career tool getting fixed? I'm missing my main family something fierce, but don't want to play while the mom's dancing career is still borked. :smile:

As of the 22nd, Neia was unable to update the mod, and they probably won't be able to do so for a while.

> @Neia said:
    > Thanks all for the kind words ! I'm personally fine but on preventive bed rest and not taking any risk :) I wouldn't expect anything for at least another week

I wouldn't expect anything in the next week or so. It might be a good time to experiment with a new family until Neia is back on his/her feet.

Thank you for the response, NastyNas! :smile:
    I can definitely understand real life getting in the way. I will put my wishes out there for Neia to have a speedy recovery and do exactly what you suggested, play around with a different family for a while.

Never noticed that before! I thought it would just search that one page. Good info!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top