Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Update] Buy GF now or wait?

iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
I'm so tempted to just buy GF now instead of waiting for a sale. I'm excited and want to play, haha! Any thoughts? Should I wait for a sale or get it now?

Went ahead and bought it! It's loads of fun, but I have run into some annoying bugs with my celeb being disgusted and not sticking with her normal walk. Really hope these bugs are fixed soon!

Edit: Found a workaround for the walk bug!
Post edited by iliekponiez on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I just got my copy a couple days ago, and I will have to say, for me at least, is the funniest game pack I have seen in a very long time. I don't know if it will get old or not, but LGR did say some positive things about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OdEFTe_i4
  • LairaLaira Posts: 39 Member
    I bought it today on amazon. It was on sale :smiley:
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    If you are excited and want to play, I think that's a great reason to get it. It's a game and it's supposed to make you happy. I am waiting for a sale, but that's because I am far from excited about this EP, so it makes sense for me to wait.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Personally I would wait, it just depends if you think it's worth the 40 bucks.
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Initially, I was going to wait to buy it. I was hoping there would be a Black Friday sale, and then I could spend my days off playing. But I went ahead and bought it when I didn’t see any sales advertised. I was really excited after seeing Kate Emerald’s builds and wanted to start building and decorating with the new build items. I haven’t gotten into the game play yet since I’m still setting up my DSV lots.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm waiting because it's not my favourite expansion theme and I'm playing Stellaris right now. But GF seems like a good pack, so if you have the extra cash and are eager to play it, then why not.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If it's a pack you've been waiting for go for it. It is for me very fun and I've never been a big fan of fame related features in a pack, but this has been very fun since you can gain game through other careers, skills and other interactions which is great.

Didn't even jump right into the acting career and had already put over 15 hours into this pack. Making premades like penny pizzazz and Bella Goth celebrities is great. Have two rich sims than can spend on more lavishing items for a fancy lifestyle.

Enjoying the reputation system for sims and with cheats I added some reputation perks and they don't even have to be famous.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    What I personally would actually use from the pack I wouldn't pay full price for.

Would I pay a sale price? It would depend of how much the features I don't like (reputation system, random celeb spawning issues, quirks) would affect my game. I don't want to be dependant on mods to eliminate the features I'd rather not have so I doubt I'll get it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    How much enjoyment do you think you'll get from the pack? I haven't gotten much into it because I was waiting for the aging bug to get fixed so I can makeover all the premades from the other packs, but I'm interested to see if the reputation system matches the hype.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m waiting to see if there is a Cyber Monday sale, if not. I’ll be buying it full price.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Buy it on cdkeys.com - always cheaper there :)

I got my copy there, at the time I bought it it was almost 50% off the rrp and I don't think they've changed the price much yet.

I got my copy there, at the time I bought it it was almost 50% off the rrp and I don't think they've changed the price much yet.

You’re not really supposed to buy from them as they aren’t an authorized seller. :)

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited November 2018
    What do you mean @AquaGamer1212 ?

They've sold sims games for years... they must have bought their codes from EA, they are always legitimate codes accepted by Origin.

They've sold sims games for years... they must have bought their codes from EA, they are always legitimate codes accepted by Origin.

They aren’t on the authorized seller list. They work just fine, but your account can get banned and/or the game removed. There was a thread on it.

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    It's entirely up to you and how much you want to spend. When I think about buying a pack I check out three things -

1. Reviews from Simmers on Youtube (Non-Game Changers like LGR are always good. I always think Game Changers have a hint of bias)
    2. What is your gameplay style and what do you want from the Sims? Do you think the novelty will wear out too quickly? Have you tired out all other features already and need something new?
    3. Look through the threads on here. Check out the 'What have you discovered' thread as Simmers share some cool features in the pack that are not highlighted in reviews. It's the little things. You should also check out questions people ask too. I always feel these threads give you a better feel of the game.

I bought GF as part of a bundle deal. That's what sweetened the deal for me. I am also weak :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

The price has increased to $30 now, due to demand.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

They aren’t on the authorized seller list. They work just fine, but your account can get banned and/or the game removed. There was a thread on it.

Yes, if the codes were acquired illegally, such as through a stolen credit card. It's a risk we take, however, CDKeys has been more reliable than most so people will continue to take that risk.
    IceyJ wrote: »

Yes, if the codes were acquired illegally, such as through a stolen credit card. It's a risk we take, however, CDKeys has been more reliable than most so people will continue to take that risk.

Yes it is a risk, I didn’t say not to buy them. I said you *shouldnt*. I myself have bought from them once in the past, but I didn’t know they weren’t authorized.

• K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    I wanted to wait for a sale but I decided to just go for it a couple of days ago. I love the new CAS and Build mode items and while its not my favorite pack it sure is a lot of fun and in my humble opinion actually worth the asking price - I may be one of the few thinking that way (I've seen a lot of people complain about it that it should be a gamepack etc) but I stay with my opinion.

So if you like the idea of the pack and you have the money - go for it!
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I would suggest you wait. There are SO many bugs in the game. I've been playing with it and enjoying it but I'd say only about half of the features works as they are supposed to.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    I would suggest you wait. There are SO many bugs in the game. I've been playing with it and enjoying it but I'd say only about half of the features works as they are supposed to.

Yes. The game is full of bugs.

Sims teleporting, animations being cut out, sims or animals stretching and I'm still getting sims freezing and standing not doing anything. I have to pause my game and wait and then unpause after a while to see if they start going again.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member

Sorry to ask - but may I ask what features are not working like they are supposed to? (I have yet to fully play until I reach the ultimate celeb so I might have missed a thing or two... I got distracted by build/buy :'D)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Sims teleporting, animations being cut out, sims or animals stretching and I'm still getting sims freezing and standing not doing anything. I have to pause my game and wait and then unpause after a while to see if they start going again.

All of these have nothing to do with Get Famous and have been around for a while. Some of these you listed CAN have to do with hardware not meeting the requirements for the game. I say can because it’s not always true. I personally have a newer gaming desktop and have these in mild form. Either they happen rarely or only in certain saves. For example teleporting is only an issue for me in apartments.

Now I don’t have get famous but I have seen some bugs with it from post on here. Like auditions breaking or perk glitches (not half the features either, I look at the bug forum constantly to see what to look out for and this just isn’t true). However telling someone not to buy a game because of bugs is silly. All games have bugs and it’s to be expected. I knew going into seasons it was really glitchy and I didn’t care. I wanted it and I’ve learned to live with anything still not fixed, which isn’t much honestly. Also it is unknown when bugs will be fixed because much to some simmers annoyance it can take a while depending on the bug.

I personally am looking forward to buying Get Famous when you can bundle it again. Currently you can’t make a bundle in the US with Get Famous due to a huge origin sale. It’s annoying since I have time off right now and was super excited to play. I will have to wait till Tuesday unfortunately. I want to bundle it because I can get more content added to my collection for cheaper but I’d pay full price for it from what I’ve seen. Most seem to really enjoy it.

Overall it boils down to your playstyle and whether or not you think you will enjoy it. I always check reviews on the forums and on YouTube. Good luck with your decision :).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »

All of these have nothing to do with Get Famous and have been around for a while. Some of these you listed CAN have to do with hardware not meeting the requirements for the game. I say can because it’s not always true. I personally have a newer gaming desktop and have these in mild form. Either they happen rarely or only in certain saves. For example teleporting is only an issue for me in apartments.

Now I don’t have get famous but I have seen some bugs with it from post on here. Like auditions breaking or perk glitches (not half the features either, I look at the bug forum constantly to see what to look out for and this just isn’t true). However telling someone not to buy a game because of bugs is silly. All games have bugs and it’s to be expected. I knew going into seasons it was really glitchy and I didn’t care. I wanted it and I’ve learned to live with anything still not fixed, which isn’t much honestly. Also it is unknown when bugs will be fixed because much to some simmers annoyance it can take a while depending on the bug.

I personally am looking forward to buying Get Famous when you can bundle it again. Currently you can’t make a bundle in the US with Get Famous due to a huge origin sale. It’s annoying since I have time off right now and was super excited to play. I will have to wait till Tuesday unfortunately. I want to bundle it because I can get more content added to my collection for cheaper but I’d pay full price for it from what I’ve seen. Most seem to really enjoy it.

Overall it boils down to your playstyle and whether or not you think you will enjoy it. I always check reviews on the forums and on YouTube. Good luck with your decision :).

Excuse me did I tell anyone to not buy the game? Did I force anyone physically to not buy the game? And what do bugs have to do with playstyle?

I bought GF and really love it. But the game does have bugs, and my system meets the requirements. I get teleporting sims still and sims standing around sometimes.

GF features so far work for me, but if the BG doesn't than you will play the EP with bugs anyways.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »

Excuse me did I tell anyone to not buy the game? Gurl wash your eyes. And what do bugs have to do with playstyle?

I bought GF and really love it. But the game does have bugs, and my system meets the requirements. I get teleporting sims still and sims standing around sometimes.

GF features so far for me work but if the BG doesn't than you will play the EP with bugs anyways.

I wasn’t talking to you in that part. Sorry I didn’t mean to confuse you and should have clarified. I was talking in general mostly and only you in the first section. I do fully believe that you meet the requirements I’ve just seen those particular bugs much worse on the under powered hardware I used to have. And you are right about BG bugs affecting GF, but the OP was wondering specifically about GF. So if they don’t have these bugs in their game now they might think they come with GF, which they don’t. I wanted to clear that up for them because the person you quoted was only talking about GF not the game as a whole. I am sorry if I upset you, I really wasn’t talking to you about that. Someone else basically told them not to buy the game because the features don’t work which from what I’ve seen isn’t fully true. Good luck with your game and I hope those bugs get fixed for you soon!! Simulation lag can be a massive pain for sure!