Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey guys, I just updated the challenge for Get Famous (and Seasons and Jungle Adventure while I was at it, but those really didn't need much rule additions). :) Jungle Adventure follows the same rules as Outdoor Retreat and there are no major restrictions on Seasons content.

To answer a couple questions...

Children fathered by Father Winter who have disappeared still count. It's not your fault a game glitch deleted them.

You may purchase the Money Tree aspiration reward with Seasons. It's hella expensive so if you manage to purchase it without cheating, you deserve it, lol.

You can join any work from home career as long as you always choose the work from home option.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Ashleigh825 - thank you so much for up-dating for the new packs!
    edited November 2018
    Hi everyone - I am behind in up-dating for the #saa100babychallenge - the Group 100 Baby Challenge on Facebook. So, without further delay, here is Ch 9 - Double Trouble

Ummm...yep, Melody is giving birth outside in the freezing cold.

HAVING-THE-BABY-OUTSIDE.png
    edited December 2018
    Ok, time for an update on here. I have written more chapters, but I'm just slow on getting it on here. So sorry. Anyway, we have Ch 10 - Snow Day
    Enjoy and have a great day!

deja-running-to-the-bathroom.png
  • MzCentral2012MzCentral2012 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Ashleigh825 i have a question i have a few mods in my game for roleplay purpose would be consider cheating
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    @Ashleigh825 i have a question i have a few mods in my game for roleplay purpose would be consider cheating

If any of them make the challenge easier in any way, then yes, it's cheating.

One popular question I get asked a lot is if using child support mods is allowed. It is definitely NOT allowed. The rules specify that donors cannot provide any aid to the household at all. Once they've impregnated the matriarch, they should basically not exist anymore as far as your challenge is concerned. They cannot help care for the children or provide any financial assistance to the household. Your matriarch must take care of all her children by herself with no help whatsoever from anyone.
    @Ashleigh825 - But you can use clubs in the Get Together pack, correct? Just not have the donor dad in the club? I have a club composed of YA & A and I call them over to help with school projects. Is that ok? The Donor Dad is not in the club.
  • Unicorn_FunGamesUnicorn_FunGames Posts: 1 New Member
    Am I aloud to have twins . I didnt try to but my sims first kids were twins
  • SimmysimsimsSimmysimsims Posts: 2 New Member
    Question- so is nobody in the home allowed to have a job? Not even young adult males?
  • SimmysimsimsSimmysimsims Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Unicorn_FunGames;c-16884908"] Am I aloud to have twins . I didnt try to but my sims first kids were twins[/quote]

Yes the rules said twins are allowed
    @Unicorn_FunGames - yes twins, triplets, all are permitted.
    edited December 2018
    @Simmysimsims - the young adult male is a child that has aged up? Here are the rules on jobs (For all packs - I just copied them here):

Careers and Part-Time Employment
    - Your matriarch and any heiresses that come after her cannot have a job, ever. Any means of making money that does not involve a career are allowed, so your matriarch may paint, write, perform etc, to bring money into the household but she cannot join the painter, writer, entertainer or any other careers. Your matriarch may register with the Ministry of Labour as self-employed. [See Get To Work, Dine Out, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, and Get Famous sections for exceptions]
    - Teenagers may hold part-time jobs to help support the family and bring in extra income.
    - Your matriarch may join the Gardener career but she must always choose the Work From Home option. She may not disappear off the lot to go work in that career.
    - Your matriarch cannot join the new Acting career or any other career not specified as an exception in the rules.
    - Your matriarch may join the new Style Influencer career but she must always choose the Work From Home option. She cannot disappear off the lot to go work in that career.
    - Unlike other careers, your matriarch CAN join the politician, public relations and critic careers, but she MUST always choose Work from Home. She cannot disappear off the lot to go to work in the traditional fashion. If the game neglects to give you a reminder call to allow you to select Work from Home, have her take a vacation day or fake being sick in order to avoid going to work.
    - Your matriarch may run her own vet clinic. Just like restaurants, this comes with pros and cons, so it’s up to you to weigh the drawbacks and the benefits to your challenge.
    - If your matriarch runs her own vet clinic, her teenage children may help out as an alternative to hiring employees.

Hope this helps. So, if you have the new Get Famous pack, your matriarch or one of her young adult children can be a style influencer, but just needs to work from home.

On another question, why would you want to have one of the YA males stay? Once they age up, you can move them out and have more babies.

The official link is here and on page 1 of this post. 100 Baby Challenge Rules
    edited December 2018
    Hi All - An up-date for my Group 100 Baby Challenge - Ch 11 - Ana & Brittani's Birthdays

ana-aging-up.png
  • VibewnaishaVibewnaisha Posts: 2 New Member
    I have just recently started the challenge [so far i'm in love] though I was wondering about the aging process. So with the children and toddler, do the teen/kids have to have an A in order to age period or can they age when their birthday comes. Same with toddler, is getting level three in all 5 categories a mandatory aging thing, or can they age when it get to their birthday. [Ex. my toddlers birthday is in 5 in game days, but he isn't a level three in any of the categories. Do I change the aging setting or just let him age during his birthday?]
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    You don't have to age them up when they get A's or all their toddler skills. You can wait until their actual birthday.
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    I've been playing for a few days now and here is my blog 100 Baby Barney's with 2 chapters already posted.
  • Sgm227Sgm227 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m thinking about starting this challenge and I guess I have a few questions. I’m not the most familiar with sims, only had it a few months.
    1. How do you keep track of how many babies you’ve had and who has already been a donor?
    2. You’re only allowed to have one matriarch at a time correct (original matriarch and heiress can’t both be pregnant)
    3. Is it cheating to turn off autonomy? (I assume yes, but thought I would ask)
    4. How do I start this challenge without messing up my main game?
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Sgm227
    1). Everyone has their own style of how they keep track of babies/donors etc. For me, I keep a notebook. I write down each child my Sim has & the donor. I also write down my donors traits so I can roll for the traits of the baby using both parents. (Someone may have an Excel spreadsheet so you might want to check through this thread; I'm old school so I keep a notebook :) )

2). Correct - one matriarch at a time. When your first matriarch is elder and can no longer have children, then the youngest girl takes over as the next matriarch. Original matriarch/heiress can't be pregnant at the same time; that should never happen. You might have an idea of who will be "heiress" when your matriarch starts getting older, but for me I didn't know until my matriarch was actually an elder. For example, my original matriarch ended up having 1 last baby right before she aged to elder and happened to have a girl. So who I thought was going to be the next matriarch wasn't as my next matriarch ended up being the the final baby she had. In my game, it was a plot twist, as I just knew it was going to be the other kid before the last baby. Love unexpected events & that's what makes this challenge fun.

3). Sorry, I have no idea about autonomy. I would assume yes, but maybe someone else will chime in & give you an official answer.

4). Not sure what you mean by starting this challenge & messing up your main Save. You can have multiple Save files. If you want to start the 100 baby challenge, I would recommend starting a new save file. The cool thing about The Sims 4 is that you can have as many Save files as you want. I have like 5 Saves that I rotate between & the 100 Baby is it's own save file, so I can keep things separate. But it's totally up to you how you want to keep your Save(s) organized. This is personal preference and you'll find that Simmers have their own style.

Hope that helps :)
  • AcaicaAcaica Posts: 1 New Member
    i need help how do i get on to the litiral game and make my avatar is there a link?
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @Sgm227 Here is a link to the google sheet that I have created to keep track of the baby daddies and all the traits.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15OgQO5LGtVMYYOtyWkMuK859U8i7TOzOdkoXksojfks/edit?usp=sharing
  • MsComplAKAtedMsComplAKAted Posts: 2 New Member
    So I started this challenge his week because I'm off work. My matriarch has had 22 kids ( 6 sets of twins). What is the most that any one matriarch has had? I started her having kids while she was a young adult. She still has 20 days until she is an elder but she's pregnant right now so she's not aging. I think after I get to Z named child I am going to go with an heiress. I think 26 kids is enough🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @MsComplAKAted - I play with pregnancy aging on (MC Mod), as it seems way too unrealistic for the matriarch to never age while pregnant. I know this is how TS4 is made that pregnant Sims don't age. So my numbers are probably low due to how I'm playing. My first matriarch had 16 kids in total, but I play with alien/vampire incentive so I was able to count 25 kids from the first matriarch. My 2nd matriarch has had 10 kids and she's currently pregnant. I think she'll have about 15 too before she turns elder. So far my total baby count (that I can count that are YA) is 34. I'm thinking it'll probably take me maybe 4-5 matriarchs to complete the challenge since I play with aging on. The alien/vampire incentive is helpful as you get to count aliens, hybrid and vampire children x2 babies once they turn YA, so that's helping me along.
  • WolfGirlWolfGirl Posts: 37 Member
    I've decided to try this challenge for the first time and I'm finding it difficult to achieve without mods. I normally use them as a quick way to make money and a quicker way for relationships. But I'm trying. Wish me luck. 😁😁
  • JakkiwJakkiw Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi. 8 want to start this challenging bit I have a question about the donares... I don't play online and was wondering who do I get new males in the game? Do I just make new ones and add then to my world or how?
  • CaspeiaCaspeia Posts: 25 Member
    [quote="Jakkiw;c-16892355"]Hi. 8 want to start this challenging bit I have a question about the donares... I don't play online and was wondering who do I get new males in the game? Do I just make new ones and add then to my world or how? [/quote]

I've started this one and I dont play online either. I just use the other characters in the game. I think the game just randomly makes up sims as each donor I have had so far is just themselves with no family history.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top