Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches or Mermaids?

Before I go straight to the point, sorry I've been posting hella' crazy on forums about supernaturals I can't help myself sorry if you've seen me everywhere

anyway:

What would you like to see in the sims 4? A witch related pack, or a mermaid pack?

I, myself would really love a mermaid pack, I feel like witches wouldn't be too much fun cause they'd basically just be vampires but a lil' different, I'm not saying EA can constantly come out with a new mechanic for a new life state, But I hope mermaids come out before witches cause they'd be more interesting in my opinion, It'd be cool if mermaids got some kind of perks that would only affect them underwater.

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'd like both and hope they'll include mermaids in an island pack that includes swimmable beaches!

But I think they'll do witches first since they won the life state poll by SimGuruGrant
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hm witches for me.. never really seen the point of having mermaids but I do want everyone to eventually get what they want so for you and others, I do hope they'll add them one day :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Witches. Without a doubt.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Witches are my second favorite (after vampires) but if mermaids were "fleshed" out like vampires and not just sims that are half man, half fish, then I'd be okay with mermaids.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Witches. I'm not interested in mermaids at all, though I'd still give them a shot if we had them.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Witches, but actually I want a variety of spellcasters and different types of magic. I have a thread going over in the ideas section with bunch of suggestions in it.

Normally I don't care much for mermaids but if they gave them a little more grit and detail, I could like them. I'd like to see them have a Siren song and the ability to daze Sims and cause them to drown or enslave them or sink their boats. It would be cool if they could have sharp teeth and some creepy options and varieties in CAS like tentacles and jagged fins, as well as beautiful and colorful selections. They should be able to eat raw fish and have ocean pets that they command and be able to gather types of shells and seaweed and rocks to decorate their underwater homes with and create new objects. They should also be able to enchant themselves to walk on land for a limited time and imbue Sims to temporarily breathe underwater and teach them to improve their swimming. They should have giant oyster beds and kelp curtains and coral mazes and underwater fissures that they could utilize. I'd like to see them make use of fish netting and sea glass and sunken ships. Maybe they could even make a Sim rich by leading them to a sunken lost treasure for a favor.

There are lots of possibilities with any mythical beings. I want them all, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • alyssaisalwaysc00lalyssaisalwaysc00l Posts: 4 New Member
    I would have to go with mermaids. I feel like with TS4 we've already had so many 'spooky' packs, such as vampires and literally a spooky pack. I feel like having a mermaid pack would bring a lot of room for more beach-type of decor items and introduce more pastel colors into the game. It also makes the idea of having playable beaches more realistic .... because for some reason they already aren't?
  • LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    I would have to go with mermaids. I feel like with TS4 we've already had so many 'spooky' packs, such as vampires and literally a spooky pack. I feel like having a mermaid pack would bring a lot of room for more beach-type of decor items and introduce more pastel colors into the game. It also makes the idea of having playable beaches more realistic .... because for some reason they already aren't?

Yeah, I agree, But as @LiELF stated it'd be cool if the mermaids could be "Evil" or something like that, but I am getting kinda bored of all these horror themed occults and packs.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Witches, but actually I want a variety of spellcasters and different types of magic. I have a thread going over in the ideas section with bunch of suggestions in it.

Normally I don't care much for mermaids but if they gave them a little more grit and detail, I could like them. I'd like to see them have a Siren song and the ability to daze Sims and cause them to drown or enslave them or sink their boats. It would be cool if they could have sharp teeth and some creepy options and varieties in CAS like tentacles and jagged fins, as well as beautiful and colorful selections. They should be able to eat raw fish and have ocean pets that they command and be able to gather types of shells and seaweed and rocks to decorate their underwater homes with and create new objects. They should also be able to enchant themselves to walk on land for a limited time and imbue Sims to temporarily breathe underwater and teach them to improve their swimming. They should have giant oyster beds and kelp curtains and coral mazes and underwater fissures that they could utilize. I'd like to see them make use of fish netting and sea glass and sunken ships. Maybe they could even make a Sim rich by leading them to a sunken lost treasure for a favor.

There are lots of possibilities with any mythical beings. I want them all, lol.

Those are such great ideas that would definitely make mermaids more interesting than they'd been so far :D
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    LaziMinx wrote: »

Yeah, I agree, But as @LiELF stated it'd be cool if the mermaids could be "Evil" or something like that, but I am getting kinda bored of all these horror themed occults and packs.

Evil sirens would be great!
    Maybe also customization options like having scales on bodyparts other than the tail like arms or face like this for example:
    071416-mermaid-makeup-lead.jpg?itok=1xl5tRD6

a256aFi.gif
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Of course Witches!!! It offers so much potential. Like alchemy in sims 3 or the list of spells like in sims 2. And not to forget fly around on a broom.
    edited November 2018
    If we get mermaids, I intend to have one stay dressed in the Black Lagoon monster costume 24/7 to scare the locals. >:)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Witches, definitely.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I want witches most (I've been dying to get them. Every one of my sims in Sims 3 was usually a witch because it was so fun for me)

But this thread got me thinking about how mermaids would work and how to make the best of it. An island world (with a bay hopefully, because that would be cool too) where the lots are on the coast. You could ride boats on the surface of the water, play in the beach, but below the surface would be open space on the ocean floor for mermaids to swim around and interact, with lots there too to design underwater homes or "parks" or something. That would be cool.

But I really am dying for witches
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Witches! I really enjoy mermaids, but I rarely played them in TS3. Witches, however, I would play ALL OF THE TIME! I love them and I cannot wait for them to (hopefully) return to The Sims!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Witches.

Mermaids would be limited. They will need to code a world specifically for them and cannot go back to recode the water in the worlds we already have. At the rate we're going, we won't be get many more Occult Sims. I would rather they concentrate on those that can be used universally.
    I'd love to see Mermaids as an interactable NPC that could give gifts or be downright nasty to Sims in a beach vacation pack. Maybe Mermaid could also be a temporary lifestate so that your Sims could at least experience being one.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    If given this 2 options, I will choose the Witches. I need a warlock/sorcerer in my game. >:):D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Both, but I'd like witches first
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Witches I feel would be incredibly fleshed out and similar to vampires, so I think it would be easier to have GP entirely devoted to them. BUT. I love mermaids. Mermaids are awesome. I want mermaids. I doubt they'd be GP all to themselves, so I wouldnt mind them added to a beach theme pack. (So long as they were fleshed out appropriately) My vote is mermaids.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I don't care about getting a tropical themed pack like most players, and I don't see them making swimmable oceans because I have no faith in them (after they couldn't even make a beach in Del Sol) so mermaids just seems unlikely to me. I love mermaids but doubt they'll happen. So witches.
    I don't see diving ever being added. I mean we can't even play underwater games in a pool like holding your breath, it's all just surface swimming.

Now, I can see them adding a vacation pack with coral reefs to explore while snorkeling in shallow water and exploring the reefs, looking for "treasure".
  • summerfireflysummerfirefly Posts: 17 Member
    Out of the two, I would prefer mermaids.
  • EmweeEmwee Posts: 18 Member
    I would love to see swimmable beaches and scuba diving again, and it would be an awesome bonus if there were mermaids popping up in special under sea quests!