Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point of the "challenge to be kind" option?

Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I completed the positivity challenge (first one I have actually participated in tbh) and I have all the posters which is nice, however, as far as that I don't see what it adds to the game. When I use the challenge to be kind on another sim it doesn't do anything. It doesn't give a moodlet nor does the target sim do anything "kind". I don't know maybe it's my game but all it adds is any extra trait to the sim who completes it. Maybe I'm wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this?
"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I finished the challenge but haven't really played much since I finished (US Thanksgiving and all that) so I'm not sure if Sims get an extra moodlet or maybe some extra interactions or boost to making friends.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I finished the challenge but haven't really played much since I finished (US Thanksgiving and all that) so I'm not sure if Sims get an extra moodlet or maybe some extra interactions or boost to making friends.

I think when I get off work tonight I'll try it on a random sim and see if the friendship increases more. I tried it on my sims husband, father and a friend of hers and got nothing.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Just spreading some positive nothing more and nothing less really. Emotional aura with certain ones and a positive moodlet. Posters remind me of what I see at work in the hallway with motivational posters.

The posters themselves are actually worth $940 simoleons EACH, which my poor sim used very nicely and needed. So, hey if your sim needs some money good chunk of change.

On another note, I noticed they added the autonomous telekinesis thing with Millie Bobby which I thought was amusing with a nod to Stranger things.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's just a social interaction. It doesn't do anything special. The rest of the rewards from the event are quite powerful though, particularly the trait.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Since I've already done it with two Sims, I might go ahead and cheat the trait to appropriate Sims (for example I think Geoffrey Landgraab would deserve it but NOT Nancy or Malcolm), especially the premades I don't plan on actively playing. I'll be tweaking traits on premades (adding Parenthood traits mostly) once I finish all the makeovers. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    And see I really like the posters! I was happy to put them around the house, however, I just couldn't see what the big deal was to the action. I didn't play long after as I went to bed the other night but I'm going to see what buff the trait gives my sim in the end..
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I've done it on a few sims now, and something I noticed is that when you first call her over to start the challenge, she always digs in your trash and leaves a pile on your lot. After you're done, you can challenge her to be kind, and she will take out the trash for you (if you have any on the lot). I thought that was cute. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do, that's all I seem to have noticed so far.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm actually hoping that when the challenge itself is over 'challenge to be kind' will unlock the aspiration on sims it's used on. (it currently doesn't). but we'll have to see
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Well, I tried it again and got nothing that I could tell - several times in a row on different sims. So the other thing I thought I got, must have been a fluke of some kind. Now I don't know what it's supposed to do either.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The game is so ridiculously happy all the time, what's the point of a positivity challenge? Yawn...

I would have much preferred a "negativity" challenge. Make your sims be as mean as possible, get in fights, insult each other, and earn dangerous weapons to torture your sims. Now that would be fun :D;)
    Well, I tried it again and got nothing that I could tell - several times in a row on different sims. So the other thing I thought I got, must have been a fluke of some kind. Now I don't know what it's supposed to do either.

Thats what I thought too... I went back in my game and tried it on random sims and it does nothing so... oh well I guess
    bixters wrote: »
    The game is so ridiculously happy all the time, what's the point of a positivity challenge? Yawn...

I would have much preferred a "negativity" challenge. Make your sims be as mean as possible, get in fights, insult each other, and earn dangerous weapons to torture your sims. Now that would be fun :D;)

me too... But we might not get something like that sadly
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member

I see your point, but at the same time, we do have Brawl Day in Seasons. And I have a couple Sims who are over-the-top cheerful enough that they would totally do a positivity challenge, probably to the annoyance of everyone else around them:

"Can I brighten your day?"
    "You just did... ten seconds ago!"
    "Aww.... what else can I do?"
    "..."
    "Quick, someone kick over a trash can so Lenore can pick it back up and feel good about her contributions to society!"
    *kick*
    "Yea!"

(That's actually about how it went. ^_^)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, at the beginning I thought that since you need to select a special aspiration the reward would be some trait (like the ones you get from the reward panel). But nope, nothing but posters is what this challenge brings. Oh well...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I haven't played sims4 in a few weeks. What new trait do you get with this? Is it a trait that one can only get through this challenge?
  • ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    Yeah I have no clue what this did... I mean, I just closed it immediately, seemed boring, I'm more into the chaos of things.
    @albawaterhouse the reward *is* a reward trait, on top of the posters. your sim needs to call the event coordinator again (while still having the mastered aspiration active) and talk to them again to get the reward

and yes, the trait is only available through the challenge. it's called 'kindness ambassador' and it allows a new interaction that we haven't figured out the use of yet (which is what this whole thread is about). it does introduce a whole new section for aspirations, though. 'event'. so we'll likely see more of these somewhere along the line
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @albawaterhouse the reward *is* a reward trait, on top of the posters. your sim needs to call the event coordinator again (while still having the mastered aspiration active) and talk to them again to get the reward

and yes, the trait is only available through the challenge. it's called 'kindness ambassador' and it allows a new interaction that we haven't figured out the use of yet (which is what this whole thread is about). it does introduce a whole new section for aspirations, though. 'event'. so we'll likely see more of these somewhere along the line

Aaah! You have to call her again when you complete it! Thanks for the info.
    But I'd you say the trait will only work during the challenge I don't think I'll bother calling her back.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    the trait works even after the challenge is over. but it's got an interaction that we don't know the use of. it might unlock the aspiration for other sims after the challenge is over, but we'll see if that's the case once the challenge is over
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I like your style! >:)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

I see your point, but at the same time, we do have Brawl Day in Seasons. And I have a couple Sims who are over-the-top cheerful enough that they would totally do a positivity challenge, probably to the annoyance of everyone else around them:

"Can I brighten your day?"
    "You just did... ten seconds ago!"
    "Aww.... what else can I do?"
    "..."
    "Quick, someone kick over a trash can so Lenore can pick it back up and feel good about her contributions to society!"
    *kick*
    "Yea!"

(That's actually about how it went. ^_^)

for some reason I thought you were talking about me hahaha

*My name is Lenore... how funny is that!*
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

I like your style! >:)

I would dig this.
    Then as a reward maybe we could get one of the items they had planned for the 'dangerous stuff' stuff pack. Oh, such possibilities thrown away for laundry ;___;

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

And challenging. My evil sim, after insulting her sister a couple of times, stood up spontaneously to hug her and then take a selfie. It happened so fast I didn’t stand a chance (hence the challenge).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Well I cheated my way through it with UI Cheats just to get the posters. :p

vrOOgH0.png

I love the mama bear and baby bear one. Perfect for a toddler's or child's room. <3

This explains the Kindness Ambassador trait. I never called Millie back to receive the trait though because my sims are already kind. :)

http://simscommunity.info/2018/11/13/the-sims-4-positivity-challenge-walkthrough/

• IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    > @kalaksed said:
    > the trait works even after the challenge is over. but it's got an interaction that we don't know the use of. it might unlock the aspiration for other sims after the challenge is over, but we'll see if that's the case once the challenge is over

I'm really hoping this is the case.
    I'd like to have a Sim finish this Aspiration now, and once the Challenge is over, have the "Challenge to Be Kind" interaction allow other Sims to be able to take on this Challenge in the future.
    I really like the Kindness Ambassador trait, as combined with other friendly relationship-boosting traits like Gregarious, or have a high reputation, can let a Sim go from acquaintances to Good Friends from a Cheerful Introduction.
    It's amazing, it makes your Sim like... a super-friend.
    Well I cheated my way through it with UI Cheats just to get the posters. :p

vrOOgH0.png

I love the mama bear and baby bear one. Perfect for a toddler's or child's room. <3

This explains the Kindness Ambassador trait. I never called Millie back to receive the trait though because my sims are already kind. :)

http://simscommunity.info/2018/11/13/the-sims-4-positivity-challenge-walkthrough/

Thanks for the link. I really just wish it did a little more like when you challenge someone to be kind they say something or do something kind for someone else or it could be like getting a curse from jungle adventure where you talk to a sim and it spreads from sim to sim.