Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem training out pet misbehaviours

I am playing a legacy family and the heir rolled the Friend of the Animals aspiration when he became a teenager. I had him adopt a cat because I find they normally have more misbehaviours to train out than dogs. Anyway, I waited a little while and the cat started to scratch the furniture. Using the teen as the active sim I clicked on the cat to lecture about scratching, only the option wasn't there. However, if I make any other family member the active sim (I tried his twin sister, his kid sister and his dad) they can lecture the cat no problem.

What's going on, how is he supposed to work on his aspiration if for some reason he can't scold his cat. I've never had this happen with any of my other sims with this aspiration, is it a new bug that anyone else has come across?

Comments

• RudeBratRudeBrat Posts: 7 New Member
    My celeb sim has no option for training or lecturing her cat either. I thought it was because I adopted an adult cat? I’m not sure why it’s not there. I’ve never had this problem before. I might get rid of the cat because it’s messing up my furniture and jumping on everything.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It's a bug apparently - had the same issue with a cat my sim adopted - no 'lecture' bad behavior options - also no 'become companions' option. Seems to only be a problem pets that are adopted - pets made in CAS seem to have the options from what I read in the comments on the bug report.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Sims-Can-t-Lecture-adopted-Pets-for-Misbehavior/td-p/7177058
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    @RudeBrat my cat is an adult that I adopted too.
    @AprilDawn, thanks for the info. I think I'll get rid of that cat and make one in cas. I'm not supposed to because it's a legacy challenge, but if it's the only way around a bug, I just won't consider it cheating ;).
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @Workingmum8 The cat in my profile pic is the one my sims adopted - too adorable to get rid of! It was not as bad as I thought it would be - she mainly just scratched the couch and jumped on counters - no big deal - I just repaired the couch when the option came up. I tried scold but felt so bad afterward - poor cat looked so hurt!
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    That is one cute kitty. I normally get more attached to the pets than I do to my sims. When my supersim's two cats died of old age I almost actually cried. I would love the family to keep the one he's got but I don't have enough room in the family for two cats.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @Workingmum8,

Could you please select the 'Me Too' button in the thread "Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets" that @AprilDawn has also linked above? This link will redirect to that thread in the dedicated Sims 4 Bug Report section hosted on Answers HQ where Bugs are being tracked and any information on it's investigation would be shared. I'll lock this thread in the meantime.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top