Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to become angry?

I am in the actress career and for one of my roles I need to become angry and research interactions. For the life of me, I cannot become angry. She's not a painter, so I can't paint an angry painting. She is a single sim so I don't have another sim to be mean to her. I tried being mean to another sim for an eternity but didn't get close to becoming angry. Plus it hurt her reputation, so I reloaded.

Any suggestions?
Check out my band y'all.
youtube.com/halocene

Comments

• Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    If I remember there is an interaction to research the emotion which usually turns your sim into said emotion. The reason it may not is due to another emotion being stronger. Another thing I've done was talk to a sim that was angry which in turn, turned my sim angry.
  • Options
    DannyYokDannyYok Posts: 11 New Member
    I think when your sims get up from bed in the morning, you can click on your sims and select research angry emotion. That's the best time to research emotion because another emotion is not strong when your sims just wake up. Then you can call your enemy sims to come and perform mean interaction with them to complete the task. It works for me. :smile:
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If you have handiness or find a sim selling the items they made from it, there is an angry sculpture that if you enable the emotional buff from it, it will make your sim angry from being near it, if that helps.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I had trouble with this too because my actor did not seem to have the 'research anger' option until he had pretty high acting skill and even once he did - like others are saying, other moodlets overpower it. I just invited Thorne Bailey over and he showed up angry so my sim spawned a few mean interactions and got angry enough that he could complete it.
  • Options
    RudeBratRudeBrat Posts: 7 New Member
    My sim is [b]always[/b] confident and even when I practice the angry emotion she’s confident with an angry moodlet behind 3-4 confident moodlets. It’s from her traits but still a pain considering I have to use MCCC to make her angry or the interactions won’t count.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Hm..... I'm pretty sure you can drink the boiler room drink from a bar and it'll make your sim red with anger.
  • Options
    @Laura_Jones Thanks! Did not know about that - my sims rarely drink much. I thought at first there was one of those plumbob lights for anger in build/buy but I could not find one. There may be a mood potion too in the rewards - not sure though because rarely use those either.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    @AprilDawn you can also click on your sim and the option to research that emotion should pop up, it worked when my sim had to research angry emotion and when she had to research flirty emotion
  • Options
    @CrystalAbyss1 Thanks - I did find the option later but it seemed like it was not there until the sim had pretty high acting skill - could be wrong and just did not see it at first - do they get that option as soon as they become an actor or does it depend on the acting skill? Also it was overpowered by other moodlets so it did not really work when I tried it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't have Get Famous so the easiest way is to give said sim the hot-headed trait. Or create a club with the angry vibe. Then there's paintings and eating food that an angry sim has made.

Problem with anger is that it's easily over-ridden by other moodlets.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i went ahead and cheated in an 'essence of anger' for my sim when she had to be angry for her role. i'd already had her research anger (+2 anger) but it was overridden by all the positives she'd gotten from making a new friend (costar she had to practice with), eating an excellent grilled cheese sandwich and stuff... super easy little things that just triggered moodlets at the perfectly wrong time

the various cowplant essences are hidden behind 'bb.showhiddenobjects' cheat, cost $0 and give a +2 for whatever emotion for 12 hours. so having +4 to anger finally had it take the fore-front and she was able to argue with her costar and tick off the 'research angry emotion and use mean interactions' for her role
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I honestly just found a room of angry paintings in the gallery and put them in my Sims room! Lazy, I know.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    @CrystalAbyss1 Thanks - I did find the option later but it seemed like it was not there until the sim had pretty high acting skill - could be wrong and just did not see it at first - do they get that option as soon as they become an actor or does it depend on the acting skill? Also it was overpowered by other moodlets so it did not really work when I tried it.

It probably does require a acting level,I don’t really know thought because when I first had to research an emotion she already had a high level in it. It’s good though you managed to find a way
  • Options
    Hollynoel96Hollynoel96 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="RockrGrrl;d-951812"]I am in the actress career and for one of my roles I need to become angry and research interactions. For the life of me, I cannot become angry. She's not a painter, so I can't paint an angry painting. She is a single sim so I don't have another sim to be mean to her. I tried being mean to another sim for an eternity but didn't get close to becoming angry. Plus it hurt her reputation, so I reloaded.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

Click your sim, there should be an option to research anger emotion.